Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Red Rum » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:08 pm

I wouldn't have Coutinho back tbh. He's lost his touch and a yard of pace.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:19 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:00 am wrote:Coutinho must feel like the biggest mug in football at the moment. We gave him the chance to shine here after all the other big clubs had given up on him. He had the chance to become a legend here but he got greedy and selfish and threw everything he had to play for the '' best team in the world''

1 and a half seasons later we become European champions and he gets his number 7 taken off him and given to Griezmann.

Now him and his greedy agent are begging to come back!!

I loved Coutinho and like many great players that leave its hard to get over it.. But not only did we move on, we moved on and became the best team in the world without him.

I think he's been shocked by the way the Barca fans have turned on him. He's been booed at the Nou Camp more than once this season and that's something he's never experienced at LFC.

He'll end up being forced to PSG, as a makeweight in the Neymar deal.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Red Rum » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:08 pm wrote:I wouldn't have Coutinho back tbh. He's lost his touch and a yard of pace.

Complete ***** as per normal

He hasn’t “lost” anything apart from his confidence because of the way the fans and the club have turned around on him. That’s the way it is at Barcelona- at the end of the day it’s his own issue to deal with from his own making
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Griezmann has been the bigger man and took the no17 shirt at Barca.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:07 pm

Rumour has it we’re looking to take coutinhio in on loan.....prob a load of ***** though.

Personally I would approve of that...
Franky000

Postby Red Rum » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:22 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:59 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:08 pm wrote:I wouldn't have Coutinho back tbh. He's lost his touch and a yard of pace.

Complete ***** as per normal

He hasn’t “lost” anything apart from his confidence because of the way the fans and the club have turned around on him. That’s the way it is at Barcelona- at the end of the day it’s his own issue to deal with from his own making

Did you actually watch the two games versus us in the Champions League semi, last season???

Coutinho was ATROCIOUS and non existent!  :nod . Could not handle the pressure.

Grow a brain.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Franky000 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:07 pm wrote:Rumour has it we’re looking to take coutinhio in on loan.....prob a load of ***** though.

Personally I would approve of that...

Doubt it.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:18 pm

At this point I reckon Couthino would walk back to Liverpool. He's a brilliant player at the wrong club. I'm old enough to recall Ian Rush leaving for Juventus, didn't work out we took him back. We should do the same with Couthino.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:24 pm

parchpea » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:18 pm wrote:At this point I reckon Couthino would walk back to Liverpool. He's a brilliant player at the wrong club. I'm old enough to recall Ian Rush leaving for Juventus, didn't work out we took him back. We should do the same with Couthino.

I don't think it's bringing him back that's the issue.  It's the gap between what we'd pay and what Barca expect.

Barca overpaid massively and now they need to recoup that cash to balance the books and sign Naymar. They won't let Coutinho leave for 70 million (which is what we'd probably be willing to pay). And there's no way we'd pay 100+ million.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm

No way would we spend £70m on a 28 year old anyway even if Barca were willing to sell at that price, according to the Echo though we might buy a back up LB! Aren't summer's exciting! A back up LB!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm wrote:No way would we spend £70m on a 28 year old anyway even if Barca were willing to sell at that price, according to the Echo though we might buy a back up LB! Aren't summer's exciting! A back up LB!

We spent over £70 mil our transfer record on VVD when he was 27

So why wouldn’t we spend £70 mil on a 28 year old ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:19 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm wrote:No way would we spend £70m on a 28 year old anyway even if Barca were willing to sell at that price, according to the Echo though we might buy a back up LB! Aren't summer's exciting! A back up LB!

We spent over £70 mil our transfer record on VVD when he was 27

So why wouldn’t we spend £70 mil on a 28 year old ?

He was 26 when we signed him plus CB's can play at a high level for a long time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:47 pm

If Coutinho does come back here then it will be because he forced it as no way are Barca idiots and going to give us a player on loan, or for half what we took them for. He could be used as bait for Neymar either.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat  :nod And say he realised pretty quickly he'd made a bad decision to go in the first place. He is a quality player with a good few years left in him so if Klopp would be willing to welcome him back then why not. Doubt it will happen though.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:35 am

If we're bring in someone of that profile and financial commitment (even if it's just wages and a big loan fee), then I'd think we'd bring in someone more suited to the system and style of play. Coutinho doesn't really fit the profile of a wide forward or a 10 in our system and isn't suited to the "gegenpressing" Klopp likes. Klopp is all about the sum of all parts rather than individuals.

All noises have been coming out from his agent rather than from our side and too be honest it's sounding a little desperate on their behalf. Grass isn't always greener on the other side I guess.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill