DIVOCK ORIGI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:46 am

:buttrock  :buttrock

I love it when a person is written off and comes back to prove doubters wrong, respect! Hard work and a good attitude is a winning formula.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:55 am

Maybe not the right time to say it... But.... His stock won't rise a whole lot higher than it has right now.
Wonder what we'd get if he was for sale? :lookaround
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:18 am

https://www.espn.com.au/football/liverpool/story/3897669/ucl-hero-origi-signs-new-liverpool-contract

He has signed a new contract with us.

12 months ago I would not have been happy about this, but surely he has done enough to stay after scoring some critical goals last season.

We can only hope he improves as a super-sub and is just as reliable to get us a handy goal every now and then when needed.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Penguins » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:39 am

Well, that is my biggest problem with him.
Yes, he is really a super sub, that can come on late and grab important goals.

BUT he is NOT a 90 min replacement for the front three. He lacks, creativity, ball control, off the ball movement etc to be able to do that. He is actually a really poor player outside the box.
Which means you need another player anyway if any of those 3 becomes injured long term.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:25 am

Penguins » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:39 am wrote:Well, that is my biggest problem with him.
Yes, he is really a super sub, that can come on late and grab important goals.

BUT he is NOT a 90 min replacement for the front three. He lacks, creativity, ball control, off the ball movement etc to be able to do that. He is actually a really poor player outside the box.
Which means you need another player anyway if any of those 3 becomes injured long term.

I’d say calling him poor is a stretch but he certainly is not a ready made replacement for any of the front three as he is a different type player, he does give another option though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 am

We saved 50 million not having to replace him. He's a squad player with limitations but a cheap option.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Thought we should be replacing him this year. I know he grabbed a few late goals last season but that isn't enough imo to earn a new deal. He has had his chances and is still a bit part player so its hard to believe that a new deal will change that.

He needs to work on his positioning, his control and passing because all are below par.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:04 pm

I’m struggling to understand the thinking going on in regards people wanting him sold

Everyone is asking for a back up to the front three - Origi is one of those players and when given the mins on the pitch produced goals - big goals , perfect player to have on the bench , he is someone who will provide back up and support to the front three
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:42 pm

He scored some vital goals out of nowhere last season, but in previous seasons I thought he was a bit of a donkey tbh.

A cheap back up option.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:43 pm

Reg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:49 am wrote:We saved 50 million not having to replace him. He's a squad player with limitations but a cheap option.

^This^

He's improved under Klopp and provides us with a plan B against teams that sit deep or start to get tired. He's never going to be a 30 goal a season striker, but he adds something to the squad and is a team player  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:29 am

Not a Klopp player really but still deserved the new contract. He doesn’t let his head drop or sulk when things don’t go his way, and has a knack of scoring out of nowhere. Will ease the burden on the front 3 during the cup competitions. I still think we need another marquee signing up front...things are taking a while to get going in the transfer market aren’t they? We were lucky with injuries last season (apart from Gomez) and need reinforcements to cover for that eventuality.
Franky000

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:55 am

Guys, we paid 10 million for the lad, he's cracking value for money in today's market so unless he's an absolute quasimodo the club's going to offer him a new contract. Throw in some headline goals and whatever the club pays him we'll get back through sponsorship etc... Him and Robbo are worth their investment weight in gold to the club.

Oh and by the way, he's still only 24.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:53 pm

It's fine as long as he is limited to the role he had this past season. I DO NOT want to see him as a replacement for the front three if one of them is out long term.
I want a class player in that suits Klopp's system and is capable to seamlessly slip into that role in case of injury. Origi is not that.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:57 am

I think Origi is our plan B striker as he is bigger, stronger and better with his head. We still need a replacement for Sturridge that is a direct replacement for one of our front three (ie quick, tight control, running off the ball) and that seems at some point be Brewster unless we buy someone like Pepe. So I’m glad they extended his contract as he deserved that since his help last season but since he is not as dynamic i’d rather he played the super sub role as he may be better at that.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:58 pm

Any chance we can just thank and appreciate what the fella did for us last season ?

AND

Maybe encourage him to do the same again next term .

I look forward to hearing more  "DIVOCK ORIGI   :buttrock   " ringing around Anfield

(it's gonna happen  :) )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion