Liverpool vs Chelsea 14/04 16:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Another hurdle for us to overcome. I feel Chelsea won't be as tough as Spurs were but still a little nervy about this one.

We stop Hazard we win this one. If Hazard performs on a high level then this could become a tricky one.

Pre match talk will mention 2014 when they ultimately feked the title up for us. Funny how City vs Palace played them at that time aswel.

Usual suspects will play but unsure who will Klopp field in the middle.

I think it will be Fabinho/Wij and Hendo. I'd like to see Keita but don't know if he will be able to cope with this one.

We win this one and the pressure will be on City. Pep will be hoping we drop points here.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:29 pm

redshade » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:57 pm wrote:We stop Hazard we win this one..

You hit the nail right on the head Redshade.

We keep him Quiet, then we win this hands down. Just put in some serious crunching tackles on Hazard to negate him, then we have Chelsea in our pocket.

Just like Spurs, they can hurt us, but we NEED the three points here, at this stage of the season, no matter if its a 93rd minute own goal!

Any which way, we just need to win.

Just come out the blocks firing in the first half like we ca do, should put these to bed.

If we only draw?  I'm not sure if that is good or bad at this stage of the season!

Cmon Redmen  :buttrock
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:05 am

They NEED three points as well if the want CL next season. Both sides will go full blast.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:56 am

Don't care how we do it, a lucky deflection, an offside goal, doesn't matter, as long as we get the 3 points.

Don't expect a lot of goals in this one, it will be a tight match. Agreed with what's said above, stop Hazard and we stop them from scoring. He's their only threat really. Hopefully, as Reg says, they'll want to win so they don't park the bus.

Defence and attack pick themsleves (hopefully no Lovren though!). As for midfield, Fabinho and Hendo are certs, as for the third midfield, I'd go with Gini. Rigid midfield, I know, but IMO Keita isn't ready for this sort of match yet.

We're due to a f*cking league clean sheet, haven't had one since the Everton game. A 1-0 victory will do.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:26 pm

We beat these lot and IF Shitty drop points to Palace i would say my optimism levels for the title will be 99.9%.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:49 pm

City put 6 past Chelsea though they have hit a better run of form and Hazard on a hot streak. There will be comparisons with our last tilt at the title so it's important we overcome that. Club will say its not relevant but it is, history does impact the present. Hopefully Palace will get something and give us greater motivation.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:53 pm

probably be a tight, fiesty end to end game at a high tempo this one.

But if we draw, will that be enough?  I doubt it unless City drop points. Maybe a draw isnt a disaster, as City play Spurs and Utd Away to come.

I'll be gutted if we fail to get the three points.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:10 pm

We can't even mention draws let alone expect us to win the PL if we have one tomorrow. If a four point gap opens up on a par number of games and only a handful of fixtures to go its pretty much all over..
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Franky000 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:06 pm

This has echoes of that City game we won 3-2 back in 13/14 in that it’s seen as the final hurdle towards the title...obviously things didn’t go according to plan back then, but I think if we get a result tomorrow we’ll have the mental toughness to see the remaining games through as well. I have a feeling Henderson will play a big part in this...he surely has some unfinished business

I’m excited and bricking it in equal measure....
Franky000

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:43 am

I think City supporters and players will be looking at this Chelsea match as where we may drop points, just like we look at them playing Spurs and ManUre. We win this and they will be resigned to the fact we will probably not drop any more points and that will increase their tension, may play with their heads. This a must win for us to keep the pressure on and show them they will have to win every match. We need every point but this match is more than three points, it’s about shedding the Gerrard slip memories that keep getting played on sky, teaching those racist plastic f.ucks a lesson football and seeing them wave goodbye to CL football and more importantly looking eye to eye with the most expensively assembled football team in history and watch them wilt. Win this and it’s ours!  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:22 am

We could not beat Everton recently and we have not won against this lot in a long time, I don't expect to win this one without visiting the er. That said its still great not to be discussing next season at this stage and how ***** everything is like years gone by!
killerp

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:15 pm

This is our most important game in ages. The team, Klopp and the supporters need to bring their ‘A’ game. I’m a bag of nerves but I can’t wait for kick off. Just hope CP get something against City.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Doesn't look like Palace are going to do us any favours , currently trailing 2-0

We're gonna have to win at home against Chelsea, something we haven't done since 2012 (?)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:46 pm

:laugh:  Palace pull one back  :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

Nervy last 10 minutes for City ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm

I hope the lads just focus on our game. It can be off putting when you see them Pr1cks winning every game and don't even look like they will drop points.

Common Redmen beat the original plastics today.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games