Bayern Munich vs Liverpool 13/03 20:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:46 am

Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg at Allianz Arena.

First leg 0-0.

A month ago i wasn't that bothered about the UCL however now i would like us to go for it. Maybe because the axis has shifted for the league race. I want us to have a chance of winning something this season.

Bayern will have no Kimmich and we will have VVD available.

Going to be tough and could possibly end in Extra time. I'm looking forward to this one.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 am

Bayern will be nervous for this one, due to the away goal rule. I'm expecting a nervous display from them.

Will he play Lallana in Midfield again? Or go for Milner, Hendo and Wjnaldum.

We are more than capable of scoring a couple here, so I can see us going through.

Two goals by us should be enough to see us through.

1-2 to us.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 am

I’d play Milner or Henderson in midfield (but definitely not them both) with Gini and a revitalised Adam who has a lot to prove. For me he did enough in terms of ability and determination against Burnley, who I appreciate aren’t BM, to warrant a start. For the first time in a very long time Adam reminded me against Burnley just how good he can be. He also has the ability to score goals which Milly, Hendo and Gini rarely do in open play. The rest of the team picks itself.

I honestly think we can win this one. Tactically I’d go all out in the first 20 minutes to get an away goal which would make Bayern’s task very difficult. I just hope we have the same amount of luck that Ushited had last week  :laugh: 

COYR

YNWA
Last edited by devaney on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Bayern have hit a bit of form lately and have went on top of the league for the first time this season. We're probably facing them in the worst possible moment, typical for our luck. They might be missing a few players though, obviously Kimich and Muller through suspension but possibly Alaba and Coman through injury, along with Tolisso and Robben who are definitely out.

They're playing at home, and we've almost always played below par away from home in Europe, but we do need just the one goal to make it extremely difficult for them.

Defence and attack pick themselves, but I wonder what midfield we'll see. IMO, Klopp will opt for the conservative style with Fabinho, Hendo and Gini in midfield, and hope to get lucky and score first, at which point they'll need to score 2.

We need to win something this year. The league would be amazing but the CL will be a nice alternative. Hope we go through. 2-2 final score I'd say.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Common sense suggests if he wants to play Lallana again it’ll be against Fulham at the weekend and not against Bayern!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:36 pm

I'm feeling surprisingly confident about this game  :p

Why ?

Bayern have no option other than to try and win it.

We on the other hand can settle for a score draw.

I don't expect us to be all "Gung Ho attack attack attack ! " in this one.

Hopefully we'll be solid & composed, let them come on to us, soak it up and then stick the knife in with a lightening counter attacks.

Really think we can get an outright win by the odd goal, failing that, a score draw is surely within our capabilities ?

C'mon u Red Men  :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Keita ruled out...He is really having a miserable season..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:31 pm

We only need to score one goal first to really open the game up.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Reg » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:03 pm wrote:Common sense suggests if he wants to play Lallana again it’ll be against Fulham at the weekend and not against Bayern!

Reg I just want some creation from midfield. Let’s face it Hendo, Milner and Gini couldn’t score in the proverbial brothel and they have all been given several chances away in Europe when we have failed to win or even get a draw !! It’s time for change and if it needs taking a chance on a player that most of us had written off then so be it.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Looks like Alaba and Coman will be fit to start.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:39 pm

only me » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 pm wrote:Keita ruled out...He is really having a miserable season..

Keita ? who is he ?????????

Surely, so far, he's up there as one of the most underwhelming "star" signings to have joined us in the last decade ? 

Will he be missed for tomorrows game ?

:no   :no   :no

why should he be missed , he's missed just about everything else   :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:24 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:39 pm wrote:
only me » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 pm wrote:Keita ruled out...He is really having a miserable season..

Keita ? who is he ?????????

Surely, so far, he's up there as one of the most underwhelming "star" signings to have joined us in the last decade ? 

Will he be missed for tomorrows game ?

:no   :no   :no

why should he be missed , he's missed just about everything else   :angry:

As much as I love Naby and wanted to see him here you are right ☹..

He was supposed to be the missing part to give us the final push towards Silverware..For many reasons he didn't..

Next year i hope
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 pm

I thought fabinho would be the flop coming from the French league and that keita would set the world on fire this season, if klopp was prepared to wait a whole year for him to arrive he must be amazing. Damn you youtube, you lied to me again!

Lucky we sorted out our transfer committee and have got some real quality through the door to not be so dependant on the deadwood to perform miracles.
killerp

Postby Red Rum » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:42 pm

devaney » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:32 pm wrote:
Reg » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:03 pm wrote:Common sense suggests if he wants to play Lallana again it’ll be against Fulham at the weekend and not against Bayern!

Reg I just want some creation from midfield. Let’s face it Hendo, Milner and Gini couldn’t score in the proverbial brothel and they have all been given several chances away in Europe when we have failed to win or even get a draw !! It’s time for change and if it needs taking a chance on a player that most of us had written off then so be it.

He's still got to go in the summer, along with Hendo and Milner.

He's good, but NOT THAT GOOD!  I doubt Lallana has the quality to cause Bayern any problems, so i'd probably go with  Hendo, Gini and Fabinho instead TBH!

:nod
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:02 am

I agree with dev, I'd like to see Lallana in midfield again, the front 3 need help and Lallana is a decent halfway house option in the sense that he will work hard without the ball as well as link up with Mo, Sadio and Bobby.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games