Bayern Munich vs Liverpool 13/03 20:00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:56 am

His the only option we've got who can link up with front 3. I just hope he stays fit and consistent.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:06 am

redshade » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:56 am wrote:His the only option we've got who can link up with front 3. I just hope he stays fit and consistent.

We've got Shaq who is more creative than Lallana but he doesn't press or put the type of shift in Lallana does.
If we had 2 CM's who could hold the fort like Fernandinho does for City Shaq would be the better option but unfortunately we don't, given the players currently at our disposal Lallana is probably the better option.
Doesn't say a lot for our squad when a 30 year old, injury prone, highly inconsistent, highly frustrating so and so is our best option but that's where we are.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:18 am

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Lallana played well against Burnley, but he's been Sh*t for the past 18 months. Having an OK game against a relegation side doesn't suddenly make him our best option in midfield.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:30 am

I can’t see Lallana starting. He’s barely played this year, has a history of injuries, and just put in a proper shift 3 days ago. He should be nailed on to start against Fulham on Sunday but can’t see past him being on the bench tonight. Shame Keita is injured as I’m sure he would have started. Slightly concerned with Gini. Klopp said he wanted to take Lallana off earlier on Sunday but as Gini was struggling he couldn’t. Since he’s picked up that knee injury his form has tailed off a bit and looking at the strapping on his leg and his drop in performances he’s clearly carrying something. I guess the only certainty in midfield tonight is Fabinho, with two from Gini, Henderson and Milner likely to join him. The other option is for one of Gini or Henderson to join Fabinho in a midfield two, Firmino drops in as an AM, Salah up top, and Shaq on the left. Rest of the team picks itself I would think.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:36 am

damjan193 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:18 am wrote:Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Lallana played well against Burnley, but he's been Sh*t for the past 18 months. Having an OK game against a relegation side doesn't suddenly make him our best option in midfield.

How can he be Sh*t when he’s barely played?

When Lallana has played he’s being coming off no football and been shunted out wide. When he plays centrally in a 4-3-3 he generally does well, but that hasn’t been very often since the 16/17 season. I don’t think he’ll start tonight but if he can play the final 8 games of the league it could just help us over the line.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Wouldn't play Lallana tonight, save him for Sunday. We should play FAbinho, Wjnaldum and either Milner or Hendo.

Not sure where Keita is in the pecking order just at the moment for a start!?

The rest of the team picks itself.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:37 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:18 am wrote:Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Lallana played well against Burnley, but he's been Sh*t for the past 18 months. Having an OK game against a relegation side doesn't suddenly make him our best option in midfield.

When Lallana has played he’s being coming off no football and been shunted out wide. When he plays centrally in a 4-3-3 he generally does well, but that hasn’t been very often since the 16/17 season. I don’t think he’ll start tonight but if he can play the final 8 games of the league it could just help us over the line.

There's a reason he hasn't been playing when he has been fit. And he didn't exactly cover himself in glory in the other games he actually played in.

All I'm saying is, playing one good game after 18 months against a relegation side doesn't make him an automatic starter against Bayern Munich. It won't do him any good either, he needs more games against the lesser teams to up his form and confidence before facing an European giant.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Last time out:

Bayern Munich 6-0 Wolfsburg (March 9)

Liverpool 4-2 Burnley (March 10)

Bayern looked quite dangerous going forward at Anfield so this looks a tough task tonight,so great VVD is back.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:14 pm

damjan193 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:37 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm wrote:

There's a reason he hasn't been playing when he has been fit. And he didn't exactly cover himself in glory in the other games he actually played in.

All I'm saying is, playing one good game after 18 months against a relegation side doesn't make him an automatic starter against Bayern Munich. It won't do him any good either, he needs more games against the lesser teams to up his form and confidence before facing an European giant.

Who's a better option though dj? We've all seen those goalscoring and assist stats from the usual suspects in the middle of the park, pitiful isn't even the word. 4 goals between them all season and 1 of those was a pen.
Our front 3 need help, im fed up of watching the type of hit and hope football that we saw against the likes of West Ham, Leicester, United and Everton where we looked like we could have played for a week without scoring.
I'm hoping Lallana starts, if not him then Shaq.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Oh dear,
Milner, Hendo and Wjnaldum starting in Midfield. The no  "creativity" bunch!

Lunacy by our manager when we need to go for goals tonight. I think Jurgen is stuck in the time warp from last seasons champions league run.

Shame. :(
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Fabhino should be the first name in midfield barring injury...
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Would have liked to see us be a little more adventurous in the midfield by playing fabinho as the holding player and one of Shaq or Lallana in A.M.

With the exception of fabinho though it is our strongest team.

C'mon the pool  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:12 pm

No Fabinho or Lallana/Shaq?
Maybe Jurgen is saving them for Fulham, if so then fair enough.
The Milner, Gini and Hendo midfield combo has started in 4 of our last 5 defeats away from home in the CL.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:12 pm wrote:No Fabinho or Lallana/Shaq?
Maybe Jurgen is saving them for Fulham, if so then fair enough.
The Milner, Gini and Hendo midfield combo has started in 4 of our last 5 defeats away from home in the CL.

What's that definition of insanity credited to Einstein again?...trying the same thing over and over and expecting...  :oops:
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Well Kloppo I hope for everybody’s sake that playing a midfield that create nothing is the answer to a very difficult question. Frankly based on numerous past performances I would prefer never to see Henderson, Milner and Gini on the same pitch. For me it is either Henderson or Milner with Fabinho/Lallana alongside. Kloppo has obviously gone for a defensive approach but why leave out Fabinho ?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext