Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:34 am

only me » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:07 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm wrote:Who then and yes Moreno is the back up left back - you may not like it but it is what it is

And you put Fabinho at Right back if needed - Klopp knows his options hence why he isn’t buying anyone right now - he has said it already

Sorry mate but are you capable of developing a logical argument? We all know Klopp is the manager and that Moreno is a backup..Thank you for your priceless contribution to the discussion.
Water is wet as well BTW.

Im a bit confused ? Do you not like facts ?

Yes it would be great for Moreno to leave and a new left back to arrive but its not going to happen and you know it wont happen - he is our back up - no one likes it but its fact , what exactly is the problem

And as for right back - Fabinho is Brazils Right back another fact , so if our manager decides to put him there then there is no issues we have cover for the midfield as well, if not Fabinho then Milner but we have cover and after the Palace game we have 11 days off when Gomez and Lovren are also back so there is a right back again and then TAA will be back a week after that.

So why should the club go and buy another right back for ?

Why the hell should it waste money in an area where there is cover?

Debate all you want but dont ignore the facts

But ill ask again - who would you buy
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:08 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:34 am wrote:
only me » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:07 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm wrote:Who then and yes Moreno is the back up left back - you may not like it but it is what it is

And you put Fabinho at Right back if needed - Klopp knows his options hence why he isn’t buying anyone right now - he has said it already

Sorry mate but are you capable of developing a logical argument? We all know Klopp is the manager and that Moreno is a backup..Thank you for your priceless contribution to the discussion.
Water is wet as well BTW.

Im a bit confused ? Do you not like facts ?

Yes it would be great for Moreno to leave and a new left back to arrive but its not going to happen and you know it wont happen - he is our back up - no one likes it but its fact , what exactly is the problem

And as for right back - Fabinho is Brazils Right back another fact , so if our manager decides to put him there then there is no issues we have cover for the midfield as well, if not Fabinho then Milner but we have cover and after the Palace game we have 11 days off when Gomez and Lovren are also back so there is a right back again and then TAA will be back a week after that.

So why should the club go and buy another right back for ?

Why the hell should it waste money in an area where there is cover?

Debate all you want but dont ignore the facts

But ill ask again - who would you buy

The whole idea of a discussion is on and around the facts not about the facts...Do you think Moreno is a good enough cover as a LB? Do you think wasting Fab talents in the MF for a custodial job as a RB is the right thing? It's not about money ,it's not yours or mine to spend anyway ,it's about recognizing the pivotal stage we are at today and looking to increase our chances on bringing glory back to Anfield.

I didn't do a scouting report on all the available options out there but i do know their are much better players then Moreno for example.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:21 am

Would I like to have better players on the bench to cover left back - yep would be great to spend money on someone like Rose to sit there and do nothing bar a couple of cup games but he or any decent left back isn’t going to arrive knowing that Robbo is going to play every single game , we also have some young lads who I suspect will get game time in Pre season or he might look for a free agent but the player isn’t going to be that much better than Moreno

I have no issues with Fabinho playing as right back - we have cover in midfield who have got us to where we are now anyway , we won’t lose anything if Fabinho plays at RB and the others cover the midfield- the others have been playing in the midfield all season anyway to get us to the top - Fabinho hasn’t been first choice week in week out in the middle anyway and Fabinho was a right back for years until recently

We aren’t a club that is just going to buy buy buy when a player is out for a couple of weeks - the manager will move players around - players who have shown they are more than capable to doing the job required.

Klopp likes to work with his players , he likes to get youth involved and won’t just panic buy because of a small injury

The club is more than covered for the back line - Milner and Fabinho will cover RB for one game , if there is an issue with Robbo then Milner will come in or Klopp will go with Moreno - and we just get on with it instead of bleating about a player.

The squad right now is very settled - they are seem happy and have a good relationship- bringing someone in could also disrupt that - we have a title challenging team , there is no need to panic buy over small injuries
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:12 pm

If I were buying, I'd sign a forward player, that's the area where we're the most thin. In defence, even with 3 players out at the moment, we still have plenty of cover, we'll have everybody fit in a month anyway. It was a mistake letting Clyne go but that's a different debate.

If a forward gets injured though, we'll have a problem. If two get injured it's game over IMO.

Doesn't matter anyway, since we won't be signing anyone this month. I'm pretty sure we'll sign a big money forward in the summer though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:21 pm

I would love if we went for De Ligt (Ajax) his 19 years old and fairly good. I also liked De vrij but his moved to Lazio last year.

https://youtu.be/4BZl4EBwePk

He could be part of our squad overtaking liabilities like Lovren.
Van Dijk-De Ligt brutal Dutch partnership.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 pm

De Ligt would be a amazing signing.. at 19 he already has all the tools to be one of the best centre backs in the world.

Been a few links to another 19 year old Kai Havertz who plays for Bayern Leverkusen.. now he is some talent aswell. He's a attacking midfielder with great vision and he's aggressive with his running, a perfect Klopp style player. I think both these 2 are gonna end up at Barca/Real unless teams act quickly.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:06 am

Going forward lads we have already the makings of the best partnership when Gomez comes back so until we move Matip or Lovren on I would rather we signed an A.M that can create and score or a striker that can.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:25 am

Supposedly a credible outlet in Brazil are reporting that we're interested in bringing in Porto’s Éder MIlitão in Jan. I've never heard of him but apparently he's a CB who can also play RB.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:26 am

Question, have we panic bought anyone under Klopp?  Who was the last 'panic buy?' Balotelli under Rodgers?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:58 am

Origi to Spudz?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:48 am

Reg » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:26 am wrote:Question, have we panic bought anyone under Klopp?  Who was the last 'panic buy?' Balotelli under Rodgers?

Obviously there's mitigants but Caulker is the only one that comes to mind - he was purely cover. Still an odd one tho
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:36 pm

De Ligt would be an amazing signing but that lad will cost a fortune and I don't think we'll be spending a lot of money on defenders any time soon. He's most likely going to Barca.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:55 pm

Reg » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:26 am wrote:Question, have we panic bought anyone under Klopp?  Who was the last 'panic buy?' Balotelli under Rodgers?

I always thought van dyke was a panic buy...just one that paid off  :nod
Franky000

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:42 pm

No way will we be spending the best part of £100m on De Ligt when we have our own 'De Ligt's' in Gomes and Hoever. He would be a terrific signing though, as we have seen ourselves with VVD a great defensive signing can transform a team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:22 am

Franky000 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:55 pm wrote:

I always thought van dyke was a panic buy...just one that paid off  :nod

Don't think so. Van Dyke appears to be a careful and methodical calculated risk-taking that really paid off. We were in need of a CB, van dyke was available after some very difficult obstacled. I didn't think it was a very good idea but have to admit the scouts and Klopp did very well on this one. If it was a panic buy, we would have changed our target to another defender when Southampton lodged the complaint against us.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill