Joe Gomez Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:43 pm

It's a big blow but Joe has come back from much worse injuries than this one, considering how well he is playing atm and given CB's don't reach their prime until their late 20's imo Joe has the potential to be one of the all time greats.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:43 pm wrote:It's a big blow but Joe has come back from much worse injuries than this one, considering how well he is playing atm and given CB's don't reach their prime until their late 20's imo Joe has the potential to be one of the all time greats.

+1

Also a bone fracture is not an issue and will heal easily, it’s the ligament injuries you have to worry about.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:07 am

Joe Gomez signs new six-year deal with Liverpool

Chris Bascombe
10 DECEMBER 2018 • 10:00AM

Joe Gomez’s anguish with a six-week injury lay-off has been eased with a new six-year Liverpool contract.

Gomez has signed a deal keeping him at Anfield until 2024, a fitting reward for a young defender who has excelled for club and country over the last 12 months.

The 21-year-old has proven one of the most astute signings of the Fenway Sports Group era, moving to Liverpool from Charlton Athletic for just £3.5 million in the summer of 2015.

His value has soared ever since, only a series of unfortunate injuries halting rapid progress. Prior to his latest setback he was established alongside Virgil Van Dijk at the heart of a defence which is currently among the meanest in Liverpool’s rich history.

It is also a reflection of Gomez’s immense progress in the past 12 months his new deal is an extension on his last which was only signed in 2017.

Since then he has been elevated from occasional back-up at full-back to full international. But for an injury at the end of last season he would have been in Gareth Southgate’s World Cup squad. He is sure to be the first choice centre-back for his country for the foreseeable future.

Gomez’s reward should improve his mood as he faces a frustrating Christmas on the sidelines, his absence a significant blow given Liverpool's daunting schedule with Premier League games against Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City in the next few weeks.

Liverpool are hoping Dejan Lovren will be recovered from concussion to face to Napoli in the club’s must win Champions League fixture on Tuesday night.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Any news on Gomez? Heard the injury would originally keep him out for upto 6 weeks .. but the injury is apparently worse than they first feared. Hope he's not out too long, him and VVD were building a solid partnership.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:49 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:41 am wrote:Any news on Gomez? Heard the injury would originally keep him out for upto 6 weeks .. but the injury is apparently worse than they first feared. Hope he's not out too long, him and VVD were building a solid partnership.

6 weeks always sounded a bit optimistic for a fractured bone in your leg. There's a surgeon over on Rawk who has said from the off that there is no way he'd be back playing in 6 weeks if the diagnosis is correct, but thinks Gomez should be back in training before the 1st leg against Bayern.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:35 pm

Still a couple of weeks away from training, according to the LFC website.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:38 am

Here's a link to that article Kewell mentioned.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... ez-fitness

Seems like the setback was down to a bad diagnosis in the first place rather than the fracture. Think it will be end of February before we see him back myself which would be probably be accurate enough for that type of injury.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:38 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:38 am wrote:Here's a link to that article Kewell mentioned.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... ez-fitness

Seems like the setback was down to a bad diagnosis in the first place rather than the fracture. Think it will be end of February before we see him back myself which would be probably be accurate enough for that type of injury.

Steven Warnock ,earlier today. 

"Joe Gomez is very close to being ready from what I hear. It will be a nice period for Liverpool. You know that when you come back it’s the business end of the season.”

Steven Warnock is full of Sh*t !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:21 pm

Klopp is now saying that Joe may need surgery to fix his leg  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Now its official..Surgery..:(
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:41 pm

only me » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:48 am wrote:Now its official..Surgery..:(

Big blow that, Joe's pace allowed us to push right up and defend with a high line.
It could have been worse though, it could have been VVD, Mo or Alisson, if any of those 3 are out for any significant amount of time I think we'd be fvcked, losing Gomez is definately a set back but as long as we have those 3 in the starting XI imo we are still in the fight.
Get well soon Joe.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:30 pm

Oh my god what a shambollic mess.. makes it more annoying that we didn't invest in cover for the defence in the transfer window.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:36 pm

How dafuq are they only realising NOW that he needs surgery???
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:40 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:36 pm wrote:How dafuq are they only realising NOW that he needs surgery???

Seriously ?

For a lot of fractures like his they expect the bone to heal naturally - mainly in a cast and 9/10 the bone does heal well

Sometimes it doesn’t so they need to operate quickly to either put a couple of pins to realign etc
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:56 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:36 pm wrote:How dafuq are they only realising NOW that he needs surgery???

As I understand it this is his second surgery, the first one didn't quite do the job so they decided to operate again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion