ALISSON BECKER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:57 pm

Got to say the hysteria on this guy is totally disproportionate. He has pulled off some great saves so far that are the reason why we are 4 from 4.

He has acknowledged and accepted he won’t do it again.

http://www.espn.com.au/football/liverpool/story/3619429/liverpool-goalkeeper-alisson-i-wont-make-the-same-mistake-again

It’s early days so lets’s just give him the benefit of the doubt.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:50 am

He did not make a single mistake resulting in a goal last year so that is his level. Mistakes happen but class is permanent! As Klopp said, maybe it needed to happen to not happen again, we move on.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:23 am

The whole passage of play was a bit of a mess. Henderson pays it back to Gomez when he has 2 Leicester players next to him and the Van Dijk back pass forces Alisson wide. That said Alisson had ample time to clear that ball, there was no need for his antics and hopefully he learns when to clear the ball and play from the back. Beyond that we weren't particularly troubled but Alisson has to be ready for oppo players to close him down quickly every time now.

The mistake is made, we weren't punished. He learns from it, we move on to the next game.

If it was Lovren or Karius making the mistake it usually always resulted in dropped points, we got fortunate this time.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:21 pm

I think... I've said it before with Migs. Great keepers, when they make mistakes they recover very quickly as if they havent done anything wrong. There are no keepers that dont make mistakes. You should look at some of the blooper highlights of Peter Smeichel. They are hilarious! The problem with migs and karius is that they arent great keepers so when they make mistakes more often than not their form gets affected for weeks. Let's see how Alisson recovers...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:53 pm

Better out the way now rather than later. It was bound to happen ao glad it didn't happen when it seriously mattered.

We were bound to concede but would have been nice keeping the 100% momentum going of points/wins/clean sheets.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:31 am

The important thing was how he reacted to the mistake and he was absolutely fine, those moaning about the keeper and saying he should kick it long and deluding themselves, half the reason we bought Alisson Becker is because of his distribution short and long range, it will always be his priority to try and keep possession for the team rather than just smashing it up the pitch to know one in particular, that will involve him taking a few risks and inevitably there will be a mistake or two along the way.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:27 am

Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:31 am wrote:those moaning about the keeper and saying he should kick it long are deluding themselves

You need to go away and have a little think to yourself before posting matey.

He should have kicked it downfield as he was being closed down by an attacker and if you don't, you risk getting caught in possession!

In football they call it  "clearing your lines" :D
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red_indian » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:43 pm

You don't just buy a goalkeeper because they are good with the ball at their feet both short and long range passing. A lot has to do with decision making too.

When is it right to rush out of the box, claim a cross, catch or punch etc. The gaffe on Saturday was the same thing - the guy obviously is great with his feet but decision making was poor on that occasion - just clear it.

No harm done and i think he will learn from it. He is quite clearly a massive upgrade on what we had at the club and also importantly seems to have the ability and mentality to recover and learn from mistakes.

The same applies to any player across the pitch. You'll not get very far if you can dribble past 10 men but can't decide when is the right time to pass or when to shoot etc.
red_indian

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Apparently there are 2 videos doing the rounds of Allison having sex with 3 women and doing lines of coke off their behinds. I've seen one of the videos and it seems to be him (quality isn't great, you could probably find it on twitter). He's married, isn't he ? Cant possibly turn out good if its confirmed to be him.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Had a quick search and the video is easily got. Have to say the guy in the vid is a lucky  :censored:  but it ain't our lad. He looks more like Diego Costa  :laugh:
Last edited by red till i die!! on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:35 pm

aCe' » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:44 pm wrote:Apparently there are 2 videos doing the rounds of Allison having sex with 3 women and doing lines of coke off their behinds. I've seen one of the videos and it seems to be him (quality isn't great, you could probably find it on twitter). He's married, isn't he ? Cant possibly turn out good if its confirmed to be him.

It’s not him - it’s a close likeness though
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:15 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:35 pm wrote:
aCe' » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:44 pm wrote:Apparently there are 2 videos doing the rounds of Allison having sex with 3 women and doing lines of coke off their behinds. I've seen one of the videos and it seems to be him (quality isn't great, you could probably find it on twitter). He's married, isn't he ? Cant possibly turn out good if its confirmed to be him.

It’s not him - it’s a close likeness though

Thank Fck for that. Props to whomever it was  :buttrock
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:10 pm

aCe' » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:44 pm wrote:Apparently there are 2 videos doing the rounds of Allison having sex with 3 women and doing lines of coke off their behinds. I've seen one of the videos and it seems to be him (quality isn't great, you could probably find it on twitter). He's married, isn't he ? Cant possibly turn out good if its confirmed to be him.

Where is this video?

Asking for a mate... :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:55 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:10 pm wrote:
aCe' » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:44 pm wrote:Apparently there are 2 videos doing the rounds of Allison having sex with 3 women and doing lines of coke off their behinds. I've seen one of the videos and it seems to be him (quality isn't great, you could probably find it on twitter). He's married, isn't he ? Cant possibly turn out good if its confirmed to be him.

Where is this video?

Asking for a mate... :D

It’s going around on what’s app
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Thought he played well today versus Spurs. Good catching of the ball and distribution. Could not do much about the Spurs goal either, we should have closed down the Attacker.

Good stuff.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion