ALISSON BECKER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Honestly I think that a guy like Alisson is full of tricks because it improves his profile, more interest on Twitter and Facebook, improve exposure.

Old school GK just make saves and go home but some of these guys try to hog the headlines, and I'm sure Alisson is taking small risks to beef up his contribution and show fans he's 100% ready.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:36 am

damjan193 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:32 pm wrote:Great match winning save today, and while I love his footwork, I'm not a fan of that overconfident messing around that he's doing. I really don't like it when keepers are doing that to be honest, and Alisson should feel lucky that his antics haven't cost us a goal so far. He should be told that we don't do that at Liverpool.

:nod  Worries me when keepers fk about with the ball at their feet. Don't care how good a keeper is it will deffo cost us at some point.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:06 pm

It's all part of the terrority with a keeper like Alisson. He's got supreme confidence and a bit of arrogance which is far better than a guy who falls to pieces if he misplaces a pass or messes up a clearance. Sure it will cost us a goal or two over the season but overall we'll be massively up.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Klopp said he didn't like the chip and I am certain he will be speaking to Alisson about that. Absolutely be confident and a bit arrogant but do not be stupid.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:47 pm

So far so good. Looks steady. Should be 7-10 points extra.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:55 pm

parchpea » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:41 pm wrote:Klopp said he didn't like the chip and I am certain he will be speaking to Alisson about that. Absolutely be confident and a bit arrogant but do not be stupid.

'That's not too cool for a manager. If it works then it's cool,' Klopp said.

'I had a few centre-halves who were able to do things a centre-half should not do, like Mats Hummels (at Borussia Dortmund) constantly doing things which made no sense but he was really good in there.

'Alisson is obviously a goalkeeper who can play football, which is good. He's confident enough to do it. He didn't do it for showing off, he did it to sort the situation.

'He has a nice level of confidence, so he uses that. I like the save from the header more than the chip, but the chip was the right thing to do in that situation.'

Yeah sounds like he's seething.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:34 pm

Seems a video shows him pretty good with balls and blondes
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:52 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:36 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:32 pm wrote:Great match winning save today, and while I love his footwork, I'm not a fan of that overconfident messing around that he's doing. I really don't like it when keepers are doing that to be honest, and Alisson should feel lucky that his antics haven't cost us a goal so far. He should be told that we don't do that at Liverpool.

:nod  Worries me when keepers fk about with the ball at their feet. Don't care how good a keeper is it will deffo cost us at some point.

Hit the nail spot on today versus Leicester mate. Thinks he's too clever.

Our keeper, it seems, thinks he is a centre forward and likes to dribble players. Fortunately, it did not cost us.

Imagine if that was in the Champions league again.
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:47 pm

The guy has to learn... he made a mistake and we still got 3 points.... I'm sure he's sitting pretty quiet in the changing room right now.

He'll be fine once he adjusts to the EPL.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:05 pm

Silly mistake, but composed himself afterwards and didn't put a foot wrong for the rest of the match. Something Karius could never do. 

He's still 100% better than anything we have.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Messed up
Learn from it
Move on
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Klopp said he needed to have an error and he said now he has had it he will learn from it and move on - the good thing is he didn’t fall to pieces after

"Football is a game where a lot of mistakes happen over 90 minutes. But that one was a big one, decisive because we conceded a goal. But the reaction was brilliant and I’m completely fine. How I said, it was always clear it will happen. It needed to happen so that it will not happen again. I think today was the day."
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:15 pm

I was about to go on a rant in this thread after the game since there are very few things that ***** me off more in football than a keeper messing around with the ball, but after my nerves have calmed, I have only this to say; it is key now that he learns from this mistake. That is all.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:38 pm

This really bothers me. He should've learned when he almost lost us two points last week. All this talk about it, everybody and their mother knows that strikers are looking for him to play around with the ball again, so anybody with half a brain should think, "with all this attention on me unnecessarily playing around with the ball in the back, I probably shouldn't play around with the ball in the back this week." It shows an extreme level of arrogance and selfishness. What happens if we end up losing points today? This great start goes down the drain. He loses the locker room, and it could completely destroys the chemistry the team has built. Why does he does this Sh*t anyway? It's like betting $1000 because you'll probably win $5. Extremely high risk, with almost no reward. He's not that good with the ball at his feet- he's good at distributing the ball. Those are two completely different things.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't think Alisson has gotten away with it because we won. Liverpool got away with it. Alisson needs to face some consequences for it.

If Klopp didn't pull him aside after last week and tell him that it's fun to watch, but enough of that, then he's partly responsible for this. If he did, then Alisson needs to sit the next game. Maybe a couple games. I don't care that we fixtures against spurs and PSG coming up- we saw how he froze out Sakho and he needs to be consistent.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:42 pm

Yes mistakes happen OK. But he did the same thing versus Brighton and that nearly cost us also.

He, for some reason decides to dribble defenders instead of hoofing the ball forward.

He's done it in all four games so far, which is concerning.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion