NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Whats gone before is done now, I know FSG run a tight ship and all that, within means.

The only thing they havent done is gone two windows with shackles off, just put it all on the line this summer, Allison and Lemar, Werner, and that will quiet any voices of dissent.

Just have a right go at it for one season, if it doesnt work then go back to balancing books at least we tried.

If we cant do that now with an outstanding manager in Klopp then when are we going to do it? If not with him when can we expect a title? Grasp the moment and show genuine ambition, desire above spreadsheets.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:45 pm

Bang on.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:05 am

Bang on x2.   Let's go for it, there's this years CL money and next year's to bank on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:24 am

Bang on x 3. If they do that , it'll go quite some way to convincing me they are not just here to run a business for profitability...
Now is the time and we have momentum, let the Kloppolution begin!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:52 am

I guess being in the Champions league every season will give us more transfer cash to splash on some decent talent.

Bring it on :buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 09, 2018 3:22 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 09, 2018 1:15 pm

These are regular league matches that they are going to move across the Atlantic for nothing other than money. Also are these not the biggest games in baseball ? Being honest this shows nothing but contempt for the fans of both those clubs who will have to spend a fortune to attend those games or miss out.

If it were up to FSG you would never see a derby in Merseyside again or a Manure match at Anfield. All they care about is how much they can get out of you for a ticket which will also increase for the coming season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed May 09, 2018 3:17 pm

red till i die!! » Wed May 09, 2018 12:15 pm wrote:These are regular league matches that they are going to move across the Atlantic for nothing other than money. Also are these not the biggest games in baseball ? Being honest this shows nothing but contempt for the fans of both those clubs who will have to spend a fortune to attend those games or miss out.

If it were up to FSG you would never see a derby in Merseyside again or a Manure match at Anfield. All they care about is how much they can get out of you for a ticket which will also increase for the coming season.

Well thought out and sensible analysis of the owners adds to the forum but at least get your facts right instead of spreading lies based on nothing

Liverpool FC to freeze ticket prices for 2018-19

Liverpool Football Club today announced that all ticket prices for the 2018-19 season will be frozen.

The decision, which applies to all season tickets and general admission tickets, means that prices will have been frozen for three successive seasons.

Further details regarding season ticket renewals will follow in due course

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announc ... or-2018-19
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Spreading lies  :laugh:

Thank you for posting that link as I didn't know that. Now I do, I take it back that they wont increase them for next season. My last understanding of that was in December when Billy Hogan was adamant that increases have to come.

Its well documented that they want to increase tickets and that is fact. 1029 for a season ticket and 77 general admission, again more fact. Just because they haven't got it yet does not mean that they have given up. If it wasn't for 10,000 people walking out of a match they would be paying it already and FSG wouldn't have to issue the grovelling apology that they did.

It hasn't gone away either and they will approach the issue again in a different manner. Maybe through the implementation of photo id for the season ticket holders ? Maybe those 10000 that walked out were holders ?.That is speculation not lies just in case you don't know the difference.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 17, 2018 7:01 am

Liverpool chief executive Peter Moore says the club have in place a long-term strategy to build success and put the club back “into our rightful place among Europe’s elite.”

Moore was appointed to his role last summer, as owners Fenway Sports Group continue to make substantial improvements to the club’s structure off the pitch.

By appointing a truly world class manager in Jurgen Klopp, expanding Anfield’s capacity by almost 10,000 – adding £1 million revenue per match in the process – and about to start work on a new £50 million training complex, the foundations are being made for long-term success.

Moore told told FC Business magazine:

“We have a broader long-term strategy of building a platform for success with a manager who is unparalleled in the world of football, with regards to his leadership, and an exciting squad that plays a unique and exciting brand of football that even neutrals can appreciate.

“It’s all part of a plan that catapults us back into our rightful place among Europe’s elite.

“In today’s world of football business, that is an incredibly important part of our long-term strategy, to be successful in Europe – as we previously have been – and ultimately build a robust platform to compete at any level against any club in the world.”

Liverpool have qualified for the Champions League in both of Klopp’s two full seasons in charge, and are currently preparing for their second European final under the German.

Meanwhile, Moore outlined the importance of getting more fans into the ground, and that this will be achieved through expansion of the Anfield Road End.

He explained:

“Revenue is critically important, but so is the continued modernisation of Anfield. We will continue to look at the feasibility for any proposed Anfield Road expansion over the coming months and years.

“It is important for us to get more fans into the ground. But no matter what we do there, it won’t satisfy demand. We have outline planning permission that is good for another year and a half and if we change our views on what we want to do, we can always resubmit another application.”

Expansion of the Anfield Road End is expected to begin once the new training ground is completed next year, and take Anfield’s overall capacity to over 60,000.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:43 am

It was always going to take time...
THEIR PLAN IS COMING TOGETHER!
  :nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 am

Have to say, I'm very happy with how the owners have acted and spent money. At the end of last season I thought to myself, we have the best player in the premier league and one of the best in the world, one of the best managers in the world and a squad of players that reached the CL final, an excellent strating ground for next season, with just a little bit of invesment and we'd be challenging for every title. If the owners couldn't see that then they have no place in this sport. But they did and they acted, had no problems even breaking a few transfer records along the way. So IMO, the owners did their part, now it's time for the team to theirs.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Eagle

Postby laza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Picture is worth a thousand words

Very well put Eagle
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:07 pm

FSG have delivered this summer what their critics had been asking for since they took control.

Not sure if it was a genuine business plan to bring it in 2018 or they just emptied their pockets, either way Im very happy.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion