Sevilla Vs Liverpool 21/11 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Welshwizard » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:08 am

Our front players worked and ran so hard  on 1st half that once again they tired and pressure was invited 2nd half. There was no pressing and the defence once again couldn't cope and crumbled and panicked. We need a massive vocal leader in our back line to organise ffs
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:13 am

Welshwizard » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:08 pm wrote:Our front players worked and ran so hard  on 1st half that once again they tired and pressure was invited 2nd half. There was no pressing and the defence once again couldn't cope and crumbled and panicked. We need a massive vocal leader in our back line to organise ffs

Yeah I noticed that myself, Firmino normally works his @rse off for the entire 90 minutes but there were times in the second half where he'd find himself only 4 or 5 yards away from a Seville player with the ball but he wouldn't bother to close them down.
As you say those counter attacks of ours are great but they are energy sapping, especially when you get 3 or 4 of them in quite quick succession.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:26 am

That was a weird game to watch. Brilliant 1st half, awful 2nd half. We just stopped playing. We just can't cope under pressure. The same thing was happening, that happened against spurs and man city. We cannot handle the pressure against quality teams, we just capitulate. Also, we cannot press for 90 mins. We kept giving the ball away also 2nd half, and Moreno should be sold in January. Play Robertson from now on ffs. That was weird wat I witnessed tonight. Henderson must also know his days are numbered when keita arrives next summer. He's already living on borrowed time. You cannot afford to squander three goal leads. Fortunately we should still win the group. However, eventually, you will be made to pay for complacency.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:46 am

Well in one way atleast our defensive true colours were shown. Had we beaten them 3-0 and gone on a good run maybe Klopp would've thought we are fine at the back we don't need that much improvement.

We can't count on some of the clowns we have.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:32 am

Its the same old stuff again isn't it. A bit of sustained pressure and we just fold a 3.0 lead.
So many players just vanish when going gets tough  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:33 am

Thought the tactics and the formation should have changed as well.. We left huge gap between the front and the middle and they played in between those spaces ,Klopp should have made some tactical changes going much more compact ,yes losing some ground and options on the counter but at least getting the control back... Individual errors aside Klopp failed to respond.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:12 am

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... ate-cancer

I guess thats they looked like they were possessed.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:28 am

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:32 am wrote:Its the same old stuff again isn't it. A bit of sustained pressure and we just fold a 3.0 lead.
So many players just vanish when going gets tough  :down:

Especially our fkg captain who I wouldn’t  let him captain a girls netball team.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:34 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 pm wrote:Second half wasn't great but amidst all the gnashing of teeth one fact that shouldn't be lost is that after a terrible start to the group we are basically through.
By the time the knockout stages come around in February Clyne should be back and hopefully we'll have Van Dijk as well.

Don’t bank on that Yakka. We never do anything easy. We are quite capable of losing to Spartan Moscow at Anfield  :censored: This is a weak group and we should have sailed through it.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:40 am

It was a total shambles from an average team led by a Nutcase manager, however, the irony of this performance the nutcase manager was so shocked and started to hit his head in disbelief, and I just wonder WHY! Isn't this his tactics, his training and coaching methods!!
In reality, Sevilla should have won 6-3 had they taken all their scoring chances!  The heavy metal style of football coached and applied it will only last for 25-30 minutes, Sevilla made bad defensive mistake and our supper duds Firmino did benefit from the taps in, otherwise the so called our main CF, who could not hold the ball in second half, apart from doing the fancy flicks and giving the ball away to Sevilla to hammer the none existing defence and punish Liverpool defence, which it was mastered by our best CB Klavan was guilty of so many mistakes and ultimately the last minute goal which he has gifted to Sevilla.
I read the nutcase statment after the disgraceful match :  (Jurgen Klopp adamant Liverpool do not have a mentality problem) Well that's might be true! because it is coming out from a nutcase of a manager who reject all logic explaination to the shameful performance of his team.
I do expect him to say the same things after Chelsea game, I am expecting another hammering from a top four team!
Good luck
algymoon

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:09 pm

When you look at it a draw is not a bad result against a decent Sevilla side however it is the typical manner which it happened. If this was a one off we would have been p*ssed but thought it was just an off day.
How many times have we screwed up from a commanding winning position.

Like i stated previously in one way I'm glad it happened. Atleast it goes to show these problems still persist and changes in personnel are crucial.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 pm

redshade » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:09 pm wrote:When you look at it a draw is not a bad result against a decent Sevilla side however it is the typical manner which it happened. If this was a one off we would have been p*ssed but thought it was just an off day.
How many times have we screwed up from a commanding winning position.

Like i stated previously in one way I'm glad it happened. Atleast it goes to show these problems still persist and changes in personnel are crucial.

Exactly this!
We drew a league game and what?
We still top our league with one more home game to go...
---
IF Klopp is a complete fool or idiot then he will be ejected from his position.
I for one believe he is a very intelligent manager who will only buy the right personnel required to take us forward.
If he and us have to wait, then so be it.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Meanwhile...
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announc ... -statement
---
I'm sure John and FSG will kick some Spanish A$$
  :angry:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:06 pm

The Seville mob haven't lost a game at home for over a year, so perhaps a draw at their place is not the worst result we could have got.

Our anger is obviously about the fact that we were 3-0 up and let it go.

I can't explain why we "threw" it away, maybe we're not giving enough credit to an accomplished Seville who picked themselves up off the floor and had a go.

Obviously Klopp is a great charismatic motivator but tactically is he still learning how to deal with the tools at his disposal ?

As one poster has alluded to,  it's perhaps not a bad thing that we've been brought back to earth with a bump and despite recent results where defensively we've looked pretty decent our focus should should still be very much on improving our defensive capabilities.

I'ts not the end of the world lads.

We'll qualify for the next round of the CL, just a question of whether we'll top the group or be runners up.

YNWA  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:18 pm

algymoon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:40 am wrote:It was a total shambles from an average team led by a Nutcase manager,  Sevilla should have won 6-3 had they taken all their scoring chances! 

Will the forum please excuse me while I take my moderators hat off for a reply to this post.

Algy Moon, I've always thought you were slightly retarded but now I'm realising that in addition to that you are a bit of a kunt,

Sevilla should have won 6-3 had they taken all their scoring chances! 

And what would have been the score if we'd taken all our chances ???

Fu'ck off, you're not funny anymore.   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games