Sevilla Vs Liverpool 21/11 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:50 pm

They deserved a draw but we capitulate easily under pressure, sublime to the ridiculous.

Nothing will change though, January will drift by with no defensive reinforcements and club will plod on two steps forward and one back like always.

A top club would tear that back line to shreds and rebuild from the dirt up but not us Im afraid.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:53 pm

only me » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:48 pm wrote:Leadership..Moreno...Klopp..

The way we came out in the 2nd half was pathetic..Instead of playing hard knocking any hope of a comeback we let them play their style and get into the game..Moreno is a joke has always been and it was just coming..Klopp froze like a deer instead of reacting immediately and by the time the subs were made we were deep in it.

It's mainly a demoralizing result as it showed we can't handle pressure and moving forward it will stick in the back of our minds.

Klopp can't be blamed for individual errors. After the second from Moreno (for a fecking weak penalty) he took him off and steadied the ship by bringing on Milner and Can.

Klopp can be blamed for not learning from these things. And he needs to learn that he simply can't rely on certain players. He has to make tough decisions otherwise it'll be his reputation on the line.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:58 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 pm wrote:

The way we came out in the 2nd half was pathetic..Instead of playing hard knocking any hope of a comeback we let them play their style and get into the game..Moreno is a joke has always been and it was just coming..Klopp froze like a deer instead of reacting immediately and by the time the subs were made we were deep in it.

It's mainly a demoralizing result as it showed we can't handle pressure and moving forward it will stick in the back of our minds.

Klopp can't be blamed for individual errors. After the second from Moreno (for a fecking weak penalty) he took him off and steadied the ship by bringing on Milner and Can.

Klopp can be blamed for not learning from these things. And he needs to learn that he simply can't rely on certain players. He has to make tough decisions otherwise it'll be his reputation on the line.

Mate he had the half break to prepare them..to come out organized to come out fighting to control possession..we came as if the game was over..and when the tide clearly turned he should have reacted quicker..nothing is sacred about the 60 minute.. you can sub Sooner..you can call your Captain and yell to man the fck up..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 pm

The sad thing is all the hard work during the last few games has been thrown right down the drain. The pressure will mount again now and next we have Chelsea. We were building good stability at the back but this 2nd half horror show has done us no good at all.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 pm

I support Moreno every game he plays and just pray to god he doesn't mess up .. but he let's me down everytime.

He can't be trusted in big games because like someone's already said he completely loses his head when he's under pressure.

Robertson must not be up to scratch in training so we might have to buy a proper left back in jan.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:01 pm

only me » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:58 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:53 pm wrote:

Mate he had the half break to prepare them..to come out organized to come out fighting to control possession..we came as if the game was over..and when the tide clearly turned he should have reacted quicker..nothing is sacred about the 60 minute.. you can sub Sooner..you can call your Captain and yell to man the fck up..

And therein lies the problem .We have no captain. Henderson is the worst to wear the armband in my time as a red.  I'd give it to Lallana when he's fit, because Henderson is an embarrassment as a leader
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:02 pm

At this point is anyone really surprised at this point? Our defence and game management is beyond a joke, Alberto Moreno is a joke of a player and Klopp is a fool for having him any wear near the squad let alone the starting 11
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Second half wasn't great but amidst all the gnashing of teeth one fact that shouldn't be lost is that after a terrible start to the group we are basically through.
By the time the knockout stages come around in February Clyne should be back and hopefully we'll have Van Dijk as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 pm wrote:Second half wasn't great but amidst all the gnashing of teeth one fact that shouldn't be lost is that after a terrible start to the group we are basically through.
By the time the knockout stages come around in February Clyne should be back and hopefully we'll have Van Dijk as well.

True but..This score is a blow for Saturday and it's a mental yet another mental collapse which will be hard to shake.. Players know more then ever that they can't hold to a lead..any lead..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 pm

I wont be relying on reinforcements as there wont be any, what we have now is the group that goes all the way.

We will hammer teams at times but crumble when we cant bring our very best game, we rely on being at it every match and that is simply impossible. We cant sustain it in 90 mins.

The problem for Klopp is you cant blow 95% of the teams away in the Prem by running all over them, his mantra in the Bundesliga where you can.

Until he realises that and changes his mindset we will continue to be inconsistent and unpredictable.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:18 pm

redshade » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 pm wrote:The sad thing is all the hard work during the last few games has been thrown right down the drain. The pressure will mount again now and next we have Chelsea. We were building good stability at the back but this 2nd half horror show has done us no good at all.

That's the downer for me, after the debacle at Spurs the defence had steadied the ship (prior to tonight we had conceded 1 goal in 6 hours of football) but tonight's capitulation will probably set nerves jangling again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:25 pm

only me » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:10 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 pm wrote:Second half wasn't great but amidst all the gnashing of teeth one fact that shouldn't be lost is that after a terrible start to the group we are basically through.

True but..This score is a blow for Saturday and it's a mental yet another mental collapse which will be hard to shake.. Players know more then ever that they can't hold to a lead..any lead..

Well Matip will probably be back for Saturday and maybe Robinson too, plus it's at Anfield so whilst our confidence will have undoubtably been dented by tonight Saturdays game in reality is a completely different kettle of fish.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm wrote:At this point is anyone really surprised at this point? Our defence and game management is beyond a joke, Alberto Moreno is a joke of a player and Klopp is a fool for having him any wear near the squad let alone the starting 11

Yes Moreno had a poor game but to be fair to the lad it's probably his first bad game of the season and we are nearly in December. Even with Moreno's mistakes though we still had about 4 or 5 great opportunities to put that game to bed, for instance Firmino had a clear 1 on 1 and Can had a great opportunity to put it on a plate for Mane.....any of those go in and Moreno's mistakes are irrelevant
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:36 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm wrote:At this point is anyone really surprised at this point? Our defence and game management is beyond a joke, Alberto Moreno is a joke of a player and Klopp is a fool for having him any wear near the squad let alone the starting 11

Yes Moreno had a poor game but to be fair to the lad it's probably his first bad game of the season and we are nearly in December. Even with Moreno's mistakes though we still had about 4 or 5 great opportunities to put that game to bed, for instance Firmino had a clear 1 on 1 and Can had a great opportunity to put it on a plate for Mane.....any of those go in and Moreno's mistakes are irrelevant

The thing is that Moreno was and is an accident waiting to happen...never understood how a better LB is rotting on the bench while Moreno gets praise for being just average...let's face it he wasn't that good so far he just avoided Moreno like mistakes..till today..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:04 am

Game pretty much summed us up. Can rip teams apart but also have the ability to let teams in. Disappointing how it panned out tongiht but not a disaster as Spartak are ***** and we'll hammer them at Anfield and finish top of the group
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games