Movies - What have you been watching ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 pm

The Limehouse Golem ,a true story based on the infamous Victorian serial killer, Bill Nighy is imperious as the po faced  Inspector Kildare.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:23 am

Watched 2013 movie The Call - Halle Berry. Interesting movie quite liked it.

Also watched "The Show (this is your death).

From the starting its seemed like on of those cheap type of movies but it turned out quite good. Interesting concept and storyline which has its emotional baggage aswel.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:36 am

Watched "IT".

I liked the original and found it very scary back then. Enjoyed the remake some of the scenes were awesomely done. The scene when the older brother goes to the basement and sees his younger dead brother and the clown.
Im not a fan of horrors as i used to be but this i would say was a good movie.
I don't think chapter 2 will be better than this one.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:12 pm

redshade » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:36 pm wrote:Watched "IT".

I liked the original and found it very scary back then. Enjoyed the remake some of the scenes were awesomely done. The scene when the older brother goes to the basement and sees his younger dead brother and the clown.

I didn't find IT that scary, it was alright with the story 7/10.

Watched Marvel's Spiderman: Homecoming. It was ok, not the best of Marvel's movies, so hoping Thor: Ragnarok is better.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:41 am

Yeah it wasn't scary but decent story.

I watched the Conjuring 1 and 2 recently. Good flicks and right up there as good horrors.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:52 pm

Watched "Downsizing" the other day.

Fecking what a load of shyte.

The idea was interesting the first 30-40 mins seem like this moving is going somewhere but after that it is absolutely poor. The story goes all the over the place with no real intent.

It could've been a fantastic movie but turned out to be garbage.
Best thing about the movie was Christoph Waltz character.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 pm

metalhead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:12 pm wrote:
redshade » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:36 pm wrote:Watched "IT".

I didn't find IT that scary, it was alright with the story 7/10.

Watched Marvel's Spiderman: Homecoming. It was ok, not the best of Marvel's movies, so hoping Thor: Ragnarok is better.

Did you watch Thor Raggy?

What did you think of it?

I was disappointed because instead of being a bit serious it just turned into a cartoony comedy. It was not bad i wouldn't say it was poor but just didn't live upto my expectations.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:03 am

Watched Murder on the orient express and although the story was quite interesting the ending was absolutely appalling. I'd avoid it at all costs to avoid disappointment.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:17 pm

What the f*ck is going on in Hollywood.

Really looked forward to watching the latest Oscar winning best movie   :)

The Shape of Water

WHAT A BALL OF ***** !!!

I've seen more engaging stuff on TV shows such as Marvels Agents of Shield   :D  (I kid you not)

Possibly one of the most forgettable movies it's ever been my misfortune to watch.

How the f*ck this comic book tripe was awarded an Oscar just staggers me.

Avoid at all costs unless you've got absolutely f*ck all else in you life to look forward too (that includes squeezing out a breeze block at the back end of a bout of constipation)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:35 am

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:17 pm wrote:What the f*ck is going on in Hollywood.

The Shape of Water

WHAT A BALL OF ***** !!!

I've seen more engaging stuff on TV shows such as Marvels Agents of Shield   :D  (I kid you not)

Possibly one of the most forgettable movies it's ever been my misfortune to watch.

Avoid at all costs unless you've got absolutely f*ck all else in you life to look forward too (that includes squeezing out a breeze block at the back end of a bout of constipation)

Weird that mate. I wanted to watch it, 92% rotten tomatoes.

On another note I watched Icarus, the documentary on the russia doping scandal. Pretty interesting and good performances. I'd give it a 3.5/5 rating. Worth the watch if you are a sports fan.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Hey Mags, don't let my take on the movie stop you from watching it, be interesting to hear your take on it.

Just don't say you weren't warned  !    :D

Whilst we're talking oscar winners . Gary Oldman for "Darkest Hour"

The movie is a bit thin, not sure how historically true it is (?). Seems like most of the "Ruling Class" were ready to make a deal with Hitler  but Churchill and a tube ride made us dig in and ultimately saved the Western World.

All that being said,Gary Oldmans performance was phenomenal !

In my book one of the very best actors around for many many years now.

And despite his Oscar for this performance I still rate "Romeo is Bleeding " as the best movie he's ever been in.

If any of you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and tune into one of my all time top 20 movies (Full movie is available on youtube) .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:17 pm wrote:What the f*ck is going on in Hollywood.

The Shape of Water

WHAT A BALL OF ***** !!!

I saw that movie couple weeks ago it was one heck of a weird and somewhat distrubing movie.

The ending probably explains things a bit but to be honest i didn't like the movie. I find the positive reviews on it a bit odd.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:49 pm

redshade » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:16 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:17 pm wrote:What the f*ck is going on in Hollywood.

The Shape of Water

WHAT A BALL OF ***** !!!

I saw that movie couple weeks ago it was one heck of a weird and somewhat distrubing movie.

The ending probably explains things a bit but to be honest i didn't like the movie. I find the positive reviews on it a bit odd.

Three Billboards is a good show..
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Yup Three Billboards was quite good the main actress was rough and tough no nonsense :D, good story though.

Planning on watching the latest Maze Runner movie I've seen the previous 2 so will check this one out.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:12 pm

Enjoyed Three Billboards but not Ladybird, disappointed with that.

TV is the new cinema really tough finding good movies these days, the quality matrial is viewed from your sofa now.

Hollywood is just hype and big franchise projects.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum