LIVERPOOL v Sevilla Wed 13th September

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Well we know one thing for sure is that with this defense we are going nowhere this season. Lovren is a bag of shyte, we just can't seem to defend. Their 2nd goal i saw it coming i said to a mate of mine just watch them score past our "superb" defense now!
We can't always outscore opponents and we never will.

I blame Klopp for the debacle we've got at the back. All fans and pundits know this but seems like our management is content with this problem.

Its pointless saying how our attack did well because 99.9% of the time we play well up top so no point always mentioning the obvious.

Expect many more games like this fellas, we've got a defense that would even concede against 90yr old grannies.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:22 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:43 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 pm wrote:Soft goals conceded again and same problem of it undermining our attacking play. Just totally lack a dominant defender. Lovren and Matip are decent but neither is a natural leader or organiser. Both need to be playing next to someone who takes control imo.

We can be dominant all we want but are not always going to score 4/5 goals and letting in soft goals has been going on for years. Maybe it's just the consequence of the way we setup but that is not a route to consistent, long term success

Mate Lovren is just a complete liability. Look at the state of him for the first goal http://www.flashscore.com/match/vZa0XFUC/#video Wouldn't matter who you had alongside him if he continues to do stuff like that.

I think issue with Lovren is he has a ***** up in his locker. Can go 4 games where you think he is decent but then will do something silly. Unfortunately it's a reoccurring pattern. Watched the highlights and championship teams defend better. For their second goal, Muriel is standing there with no one near him at all and simply gets the ball from the throw on and turns and runs towards our goal. I mean really? This is the CL and the goals we are conceding are the ones conceded on school playgrounds. Klopp keeps going on about 'we will look at our mistakes and work on them yadda yadda'  but there's simply no improvement at all in that department

The game sums us up perfectly. Great attacking play where we look slice teams open at will and you have to applaud Klopp and give him credit for that. However the game isn't about being great going forward and shoddy at the back where we continually let teams off the hook with  sunday league defending. Become almost predictable and starting to get fed up of it now to be honest.
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:30 pm

Missed the game and the highlights and reading this forum, pretty glad i did. New season, same shyte. Year after year. Defence a joke and no change. No leaders on the pitch.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:24 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 pm wrote:
parchpea » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:09 pm wrote:I dont think Klopp is doing that great a job now, had enough windows to rehash the defence and midfield plus goalkeeper but botches buying Karius and has now bunged 40m on a third sub Oxlade Chamberlain, a player we did not need.

Its a big season for Klopp and its as though he can drift along without any pressure being applied, maybe he needs a boot up his backside and home truths now as we are literally relying on scoring 100 + goals a season to compete.

Say we get rid of him who do you have in mind to replace him? And what makes you think that they'd come here?
We are lucky to have Jurgen.

Agree, talk of getting rid of Klopp is absolutely crazy. However, I think he is going to get less goodwill this season and he will be scrutinised much more. By November, he will have been here 2 years and although he has made us an outstanding team going forward, he hasn't solved our defensive woes. We are having weeks where we smash teams and other weeks where we let teams back in with silly goals conceded and that needs to change.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:40 am

I know we have not got quality defenders but atleast they should try to grow a pair and make it a little easier for our attackers. Both goals were pathetic the 2nd just fekin laughable.
To be honest i will only be confident when we are 3-4 nil up. Watch a repeat of this same ol pattern this season, fekin joke of a defence.
I'm just getting pi$$ed off at how shyte we are at the back and why it was not addressed.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:04 am

bunglemark2

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:39 am

It's like watching 2 teams playing at the same time  :help One half that knows exactly what it is doing and the other half completely clueless. Moreno however is playing some very good stuff and Matip continues to impress. The problem for me is that they don't work as a unit and they lack a Carragher. Hopefully we will look for alternatives to VVD in January if Southampton continue to insist that he is not for sale. This is where we seriously fkd up in the summer transfer window. Just look at Lascelles performance for Newcastle clearing off the line and scoring the winning goal. Impressive stuff and just what you want from a team captain. Don't know much about the lad but he certainly impressed in that game.

Mind you the Sevilla player that conceded the penalty made some of our defenders competent. The annoying thing was that the clumsy sod actually got away with it !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:25 am

Sakho must be pi$$ing himself laughing at the sh1tshow that is our "defence"...
I used to like Klopp, now I've had enough. 2 years and he hasn't fixed what even a blind man can see
bunglemark2

Postby algymoon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:53 am

Really we were lucky to get a draw!, Sevilla could have won it in last minute.
It was the usual hyper football style of the nutcase manager, first attack and defend later, a type of football will not win you games.
It just shows you the attitude of some players, I have heard Matip saying they were unlucky to concede goals! well, this is a reflection of the manager coaching methods and attitude, which is clear that the problem of bad defending is not being addressed properly since he has been in charge of the team,  This crazy manager ( who was a defender in his playing time) therefore, he tells his defenders if you concede goals that are down to bad luck !!!!.

The team are full of duds, and the biggest dud of all is Firmino, a well over rated player, he is not CF or penalty taker, a totally useless.
algymoon

Postby Doeboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:07 am

I think the frustration is we are a decent defence away from being genuine challengers year in year out. However we seem no closer to solving our defensive woes.

Think someone quoted we've kept a number of clean sheets at the end lf last season and two this season as a pointer to us improving defensively. That's all fine and dandy but look at types of goals we conceded yesterday at City and at Watford and the eyes definately tell me we most certainly havent sorted ourselves out.

All teams conncede goals but it just looks all to easy against us when they go in.

Think people are just vary of another false dawn under Klopp where we promise so much but it amounts to nothing in the end
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:37 pm

algymoon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:53 am wrote:Really we were lucky to get a draw!, Sevilla could have won it in last minute.
It was the usual hyper football style of the nutcase manager, first attack and defend later, a type of football will not win you games.
It just shows you the attitude of some players, I have heard Matip saying they were unlucky to concede goals! well, this is a reflection of the manager coaching methods and attitude, which is clear that the problem of bad defending is not being addressed properly since he has been in charge of the team,  This crazy manager ( who was a defender in his playing time) therefore, he tells his defenders if you concede goals that are down to bad luck !!!!.

The team are full of duds, and the biggest dud of all is Firmino, a well over rated player, he is not CF or penalty taker, a totally useless.

They should have won? You'll find it was the team in red who should have sown the game up long before Sevilla scored their second.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Must admit that first one must be one of the most comical goals this club has conceded since the Second World War. During the initial build up Can could have easily got to the ball first but he intentionally slowed down so he could flick the ball over the Seville players foot, why he was trying to showboat on the edge of our box God only knows.
Then what Lovren did at the front post would have got you dragged off in an ale house game, if you did that on a Sunday morning your manager would have assumed you'd been on the ale all night and brought you off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:03 pm

We go round in circles with managers that fit this perception of a Liverpool way, we are a club that has to really like the manager in many ways rather than respect them.

When Benitez came in it wasnt to any fanfare but he gradually earned the respect on and off the pitch, we could see a team formula and he addressed problems with changes in personnel and was smart tactically. That team could face anything.

I am not advocating hs return, but Klopp needs to show direction and take tough decisions, if hes not in control of transfers then give us a sign. Its not enough to be a Kop idol just because of who you are and your personality, proof to me is on that pitch not just by endless attacking football but by showing us a balanced well drilled team that can do every job.

Sevilla are not a top side but our defence and midfield just isnt good enough and everyone knew it as the window slammed shut in Klopps face.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:24 pm

My only understanding of what's going on in our defence is that Klopp agreed to come in and improve the playing capabilities of what we already had under the previous manager...
And with this agreement, he is now on the back foot in getting them out the door.
Klopp is an intelligent human being - so IMO the only way he can now justify getting new players in is by conceding to the owners that his abilities to improve the squad any further is not possible. This can only be justified by minutes played on the field - which no-one in our defence set up could ever argue against. They've ALL had serious minutes not only in games but in training as well. This puts him (Klopp) in a weaker managerial position -
---
"If he can't improve what we have, then why did we employ him?" is what some senior board members may start asking...
---
OK - so some will argue that LFC tried to improve the defence but a certain club did not want to sell.
On top of this we are to believe that one of the largest network of scouts could NOT find an alternative...  :no
THIS SIMPLY IS A LOAD OF HOG WASH - excuses used by the club to justify NOT spending and improving.
---
Jurgen - "Can we get a new Centre Half into the club. I've spoken to him and he will sign only for us AND he is one of the best!"
JH - "I thought you said you could improve what you already have?"
Jurgen - "Even I can't polish a turd..."
JH - "How much will this cost?"
Jurgen - "Around 60M he will be a club record signing!"
JH - "OK let's do it"

---Later That Day---

PM - "Hi John, what can I do for you?"
JH - "It has been brought to my attention that the manager has verbally agreed to sign a player for 60M!"
PM - "Really? Who is it!"
JH - F%$K who it is! Use your media connections and make sure this damn deal DOES NOT go through - AT ALL COSTS! - YOU F$%KING understand? Or it's your head on the block!"
PM - "John... John? JOHN... Ah F$%K"

--- Later That Evening---

PM - "Secretary - Get every darn tabloid press officer to give me a call - I got an exclusive for them..."
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:22 pm

Klopptomaniac » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:37 pm wrote:
algymoon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:53 am wrote:Really we were lucky to get a draw!, Sevilla could have won it in last minute.

They should have won? You'll find it was the team in red who should have sown the game up long before Sevilla scored their second.

Algy must be referring to the last min or so mate. Seviila were whiskers away from winning it and to be honest it would have been typical of us to lose at that point.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games