SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:05 am

The problem with Mignolet is that after he's dropped, he would bounce back when given the opportunity, which is good. And all would appear fine and we would have a very good keeper for half a season or so. But then the next season, errors would creep in into his performances again. We would drop points due to his errors. A winning game becomes a draw game. A draw game becomes a loss, etc, etc. He would then have a crisis of confidence and perform worse until the manager has to drop him again. This cycle has happened 2 times during his time here and under 2 different managers.

What he needs to work on is when he makes an error in one game, he needs to bounce back quickly the next game. No world class keeper has a season without errors. The difference between him and world class keepers is that world class keepers soon forget their errors and bounce back right away.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:09 am

Maybe due to Karius challenging him Mignolet will continue to perform well. Before his never really had decent competition.
Its good for both keepers.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm not his biggest fan, but admit that he's upped his game since being dropped. Thought he had a blinder against the Mancs and am not against him playing if he can keep his performances like this.

That said, I thought Karius looked good against Southampton too, so maybe the competition between the two will give us a great keeper.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Mingolet played very well against the mancs but to say or think he is turning a corner is stretching it a bit. He has produced plenty of similar performances before only to then go and erase everyone's memory of it. Shot stopping is his best attribute but he needs to work really hard on the rest to gain consistency.
I still think we should look for someone else in the summer.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:54 am

red till i die!! » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:08 pm wrote:Mingolet played very well against the mancs but to say or think he is turning a corner is stretching it a bit. He has produced plenty of similar performances before only to then go and erase everyone's memory of it. Shot stopping is his best attribute but he needs to work really hard on the rest to gain consistency.
I still think we should look for someone else in the summer.

+1
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 pm

He claims he didn't hear the whistle  :laugh: Does he really think he should be given whatever amount of time he wants to organise himself ? The lad is a numpty and had more than enough time, The ref had to mark out the ground, step the wall back and then retake his position before he blew the whistle and that numpty wasn't even paying attention. It was a fair distance out and luiz hit it well but the wall should have done better and the keeper at least in a position to try and save it. He could have saved that but we will never know because he couldn't even organise himself to try. The chap is a fool and it isn't the first time he has done stupid stuff like this  :no The Europa league game where he was strolling about the box with the ball in his hands for 28 odd seconds which also cost us a goal.
It was a great save from the penalty but we would be better served not having a keeper who tends to help the opposition from time to time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:17 pm

Mixed night for Mignolet. Think he probably won us a point yesterday with the save from.the pen. For their goal, don't know what he was doing. Even the wall and players in front of him looked half arsed. Saying that, even if he was ready for the free kick, think he would have struggled to save it as it was a very good strike by Luiz
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Yup it was a very good strike by Luiz. Luiz saw Mignolet off guard and smashed it. Perfect opportunity so why waste it. Just thinking had Mignolet been on guard maybe Luiz wouldn't have been that confident with his strike. The space Mignolet gave was a large gap for Luiz to aim for. His shot was just perfectly executed.
He was just probably aiming at the gap and shot it perfectly in the corner.

Just saying had mignolet been on guard maybe Luiz wouldn't have taken it with confidence like he did.

Have a nice gap wide available adding the Keeper who is not watching is different when you have a keeper on guard.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Even if he could not save it, it did not make him look good to see him talking to his defense and clearly not ready for the shot. Mistakes happen, but they seem to happen a lot to him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:15 pm

One of the most embarrassing, naive, ignorant, stupid things I have ever seen a goalie do. "I didnt hear the whistle" No sh'it Sherlock! Too busy shouting and looking as if you were concentrating hard on stopping the sho...oops, too late. You werent looking you Fu*king dozy tw@t! Great penalty save made up for the free kick but Ive never thought Mignolet was the brightest keeper in the league.
This shows us hes not even the brightest keeper in the club! 
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:20 pm

His face looks like its been smashed flat with a frying pan, maybe its affected his hearing  :D

Mignolet is absolutely ridiculous and only Liverpool could have him in nets, in concentration terms he makes David Nintendo James look competent.

Talking of names if Babb was empty head lord knows where we go with Lovren  :no
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:35 pm

Really poor for the first goal today. Initially thought he may have been fouled but on the replay it was a case of him not being brave enough
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Doeboy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:35 pm wrote:Really poor for the first goal today. Initially thought he may have been fouled but on the replay it was a case of him not being brave enough

Yet another mistake from him that changes the course of a game  :veryangry
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:27 pm

I haven't seen the goal but he was taking a fair bit of stick from the commentators on the radio.
Keepers are generally taller, heavier and stronger than outfield players and on top of that they can use their hands as well, they shouldn't be losing out in one on one situations  :no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Yakka - I watched the game on my tablet through an app called World TV Plus which is free. It stuttered a couple of times but generally it was very good. Don't know if that is any help to you for the future. To be honest mate you were lucky you didn't have to endure watching the game. We were pitiful !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext