Luis gets a hatrick - As soain win 5-1

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:58 am

Liverpool star Luis Garcia scored a sensational hat-trick for Spain on Saturday night as they thrashed Slovakia 5-1 in the first leg of their World Cup Play Off with Fernando Morientes also finding the net within four minutes of coming on. 
Liverpool's Spanish midfielder was the toast of his country after scoring twice in the first 17 minutes and completing his hat-trick in the 74th minute as Spain romped to a vital 5-1 home victory over Slovakia in the first leg of their World Cup Play Off.

Garcia struck in the 9th minute with a perfect header from a Xavi cross to send Spain into an early lead and was on target again eight minutes later when Xavi again set him up to ram the ball beyond Slovakia 'keeper Contofalsky. The goal that sealed his hat-trick came half-way through the second half when Garcia managed to convert a cross from the left from Vicente.

Spain's fifth and final goal came from Garcia's Premiership team-mate Fernando Morientes who netted just four minutes after coming off the bench to replace the hat-trick hero.

Garcia was the only Liverpool player to start the game with Xabi Alonso joining Morientes as a second-half substitute. Pepe Reina was an unused substitute.

looks like luis on top form
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:19 pm

LUIS GARCIA
HE DRINKS SANGRIA
HE CAME FROM BARCA
TO BRING US JOY
HE 5 FOOT 7
HES FOOTBALL HEAVEN
OH PLEASE DONT TAKE OUR LUIS AWAY

class were they good goals did anyone see them
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:47 pm

Absolute quality. He scored another peach of a header for his first goal, the second was a cracking bring down on his chest and then half volley, the 3rd was similar to his goal against betis in champions league.
he also had a hand in the slovakia goal, a great through ball for Nemeth :D .

Morientes also scored a great goal - a cross from the left, yes i said a cross (take note liverpool players this guy needs crosses to score goals).
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:30 pm

Rushie, I think you're being tad unfair to our players. Morientes has had some great opportunities to score via his head thanks to crossed made by our players, the only problem is that he missed all of them.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:41 pm

Btw, that was Garcia's first START for Spain. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member