Left with that empty feeling...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:12 pm

devaney » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:55 pm wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:07 pm wrote:Sorry...

*Clap clap clap*  "yay go liverpool we're boss!!!" :D

How could I ever be unhappy that we're going to struggle again to qualify for the champions league and lose our best players. I should bemade up because we've scraped three wins together against a side in transition, a side who couldn't muster a shot at goal in there last five visits to anfield and a side who were nearly relegated last year.

You're right... We're going to win the league. Sorry mate. :D

This is total shit mate. 39 points to United's 36 since we played them in January this year is a far better indication of what we are currently achieving. The teams we have taken 9 points off this season are just the teams we struggled to get fk all out of last season. CHEER THE FK UP STU !! YOU'RE BEGINNING TO MAKE BTN LOOK POSITIVE !!

The season doesn't run from Janurary to the Start of September though mate.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:14 pm

No offence intended. The tact function on my computer is fkd  :laugh:

:buttrock  :bowdown
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby tadhger09 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:40 pm

I think the team are showing more spirit and resolve so far this season. This has to be a good thing surely, at this stage last season the team were struggling to get anything right on the pitch and couldn't defend for love nor money. I know its early still days so I'll hold off with the cigar for another while but the fact the team hasn't conceded a league goal so far is a pretty big step up from last season.

Sturridge is on fire and Coutinho is proving to be a right little wizard And we still have Freddy Mercury to return, so at the moment I am struggling to see the reason for the OP's negative feelings towards the team.

Top of the league after beating our bitter rivals and the 3rd best player in the world to come into the team is all good in my thinking.
tadhger09
LFC Basic Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Yeah, things are good. Grinding out three 1-0's in a row, the first three of the season, it's a running start. As the team gels more and gets used to things, there should be less gnawed fingernails. If we should have a bad match, we gotta let it be water off a ducks back, pick the team up, and march on. That really is where we as supporters can influence it. I love seeing players at City and Chavski all fall out with each other when things don't go well. And the plaggy fans turning on their team all the time.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Hustler 2 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 pm

StuYesThatStu » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:43 pm wrote:
Secondly on Reina, its a massive loss. I personally would have prefered the QPR keeper or Begovic from Stoke as a replacement. Not Mignolet, although he hasn't let anyone down so far, when he's been tested arially he's looked shakey and he lacks distribution quality for me, although some of this could be down to nerves so the lad deserves the benefit of the doubt, I don't believe him to be a leader though, which is a concern as Pepe most certainly was. I understand the reason for letting Pepe go, but it is still a huge loss.

What utter garbage. I've never heard tosh like it. He's only played 3/4 games for us. He has won us probably 6 of those 9 points so far with his shot stopping. Give him a chance u p*llock. :) what a dumb idiot.
Come back on here, and you think your a football pundit god!
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Scottbot » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:22 pm

As I see it:

Positives

First and foremost the story of the window has to be that we kept our best player. Assuming Luis has a good attitude and I think he will (at least whilst we're doing we'll and were a ways away from the next window) then he will in many ways feel like we've signed a new player. I have to say FairPlay to the manager and club in general. I don't agree with Fsg's approach to this window but kudos for the way we've dealt with the Suarez situation because I was convinced he would be on his way once the toys came out of the pram.

No one can deny the CB position has been strengthened in a BIG way. We kept our existing players and brought in three more and now it's suddenly become the deepest position at the club. It's a position I have fretted over for a long time so to see it finally addressed in such a way gives me a lot of hope, particularly when you factor in some of the dogged defending we have already seen in our Arsenal style performances so far this season. Also, I have to say I think bringing in Toure was a master stroke, I wasn't especially enthusiastic about his signing but having seen the leadership and spirit he has brought (allied to his ability-performances) to the team he looks an absolute gem of an acquisition for a young side. I should also probably add to this the goal keeper. I actually felt that Pepe was getting right back to form the 2nd half of last season BUT you have to hand it to Brendan because Big Mignolet has made an excellent start and looks like he will be an upgrade on Pepe of the last few seasons.

The other positive was reinforced by Rodgers at the weekend, that being our points total since the turn of the year. We've been pretty much on a par with 3rd/4th place and taking that into account, the start we've made and the general opinion that the squad is stronger than it was all give me hope for the season ahead.

Negatives

It's good to be able to say we have got a bit stronger BUT it's all relative. Arsenal might not have done a great deal to improve themselves beyond the marquee purchase of Ozil but they are still a quality side who know how to qualify for Champions League footy year on year. spurs have sold their Roy of the Rovers but look at the quality they have brought in across the board, Lamela, Soldado, Paulino, Ericksen, Capouie and the rest is a hell of a line up added to what they have in place already. Add to this the bitters who also finished above us last season and have had an excellent window with Barry, McArthy, Lukaku and Defeulo added to an already solid squad. Have we done enough? I'm not sure we have.

Our midfield is very vulnerable. Not only is it arguably not quite good enough, there is also the risk of injury completely undoing us. Allen is currently injured, Spearing and Shelvey have been shipped out and Coady is on loan so we are another injury away from being right in the shi....te. Alberto looks a pretty player but I would be worried if we had to rely on him at any stage this season and I seriously have to question if he is a better player than young Suso who had already proved he wasn't out of place at this level in limited action last season.

And for me the biggest negative (and I know I'm not alone) was the way we missed out on Willian. It wasn't necessarily about the player (although I've got a feeling we might regret it when we see how he fares at Chelsea as the season progresses), it was the sinking realisation that Fsg will not compete with the big boys in the transfer market, they've bailed on that idea as a result of the Andy Carroll transfer. It was also a blow to see how disappointed Rogers was when he explained away the failure to get the player and d expire the fact we have improved the wide areas IMHO with the Moses loan it isn't one to get the heart racing.

I definitely agree with those who say that our transfer business is and will be viewed more positively as result of our bright start because I am one of them and I am feeling very optimistic for the season ahead. The players looked like they have really gelled, I could sense the unity and camaraderie in their celebrations at the end on Sunday and a sleeping giant like lfc, if we could build some more momentum with fans, players and manager all on the same page I really feel like we could go places this season and that this thing could could snowball. Also, I would like to believe that Fsg WILL genuinely dip their hands deep into their pockets if we're still flying high come the turn of the year.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion