Sick of empty talk - A load of bullsh1t

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:34 pm

I don't know how many fans here are sick of hearing about Cisse but I bet its a lot.  Its becoming almost biblical and the hype is leading to many fans seeing him as some kind of saviour who will turn the clubs fortunes round.  Well, hold on was'nt that what Houllier promised to do over five years ago.  Were'nt we all sold the Bullsh1t that he was going to be are redeemer.  Houllier was going to take us from mediocrity and lead the lost children back to there beloved promised land. 

Houllier himself gave forth his vision and he said unto the masses I shall deliver you from your dispair I shall smite down the Manchester Uniteds, and cast long shadows upon the faces of Arsenal players, Your enemies will fall on their knees seeking mercy, as the mighty red machine will once more be invincilble to all in it path. The Philistines with their own hands shall crown you Kings in your own land and I shall accomplish this in 5 years.  So where is it?

This Houllier guy is no longer sounding biblical he actual now seems comical almost Monty Python like.  Yes he did bring us a modicum of success and to many others clubs standards he would be a success.  Yet he from his own mouth promised us the Premiership.  Houllier has admitted that he has'nt bought well,  But he only admits to two poor buys Diao and Diouf.  He tells us now that Cisse will be the key to unlocking the title from the clutches of the football elite in England.  Cisse will cost a mere £14 million that's a good price only £3 million less than the prodigal son Duff. 

Houllier has sold the ficklebuggers a dream, he has told of the coming saviour who turn the club around.  So It must be somone else other than Cisse.  Cise is a good player ok but can he carry a team on his own, is he as good as RVN, Raul, Ronaldo, Henry, Owen, Shearer or so many other forwards out there.  Cisse will not transform the fortunes of Liverpool actually I don't think even Zidan could do that.  One palyer alone would be of no real signifigance unless it was Roy of The Rovers.  One man however in the right position could change everything but the position is'nt forward or defense or goalkeeper of midfield its the most important of all, the Manager.  There are many who have differing opinions about who that is and we could argue about that all day but I have come to the conclusion that Although I favour Strachan, Martin O'Neill would be as equally affective therefore I want to call on every fan who wants Houllier out to be united in endorsing Martin O'Neill as the fans choice.  Lets no longer have debates on who it should be, lets all agree on O'Neill and continually support his appointment.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:20 pm

The longer I look at the problem we are in, the more I can see that there is no one other than O'Neil as the man to take a chance on.
A big change would take place under him and that is exactly what we need.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:24 pm

I was and still am a Starchan supporter but if you read the thread I posted earlier you'll see I am now encouraging of us all to united behind O'Neill.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:03 pm

Cisse will ease the pressure on Owen immensely. He'll score and create goals. He'll improve the first team and he will improve the squad. The only strikers we've had worth playing this season Owen and Baros and they've missed most of it through injury. I'm sure Sinama-Pongolle will develope into a class act and is getting there but he isn't there yet.

No-ones saying he's a saviour. Just that he'll do our strikeforce the world of good.
115-1073096938

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:29 pm

Mere speculation stu, I could say Cisse will be no more effective than Diouf or Heskey and that would also be speculation
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:39 pm

Stu: no flaming here but how can you be so sure about Cisse?

Its not as if he's not on tv that much (unless you count Eurosport highlights) and I doubt that the overwhelming majority of Pool fans regularly go to watch French league games.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:42 pm

Stu If you watched sky sports you'd see countless pundits, who know the game inside out talk about the difficulties Liverpool are in.  Not one things that Cisse will add to the team.  Reason being Houllier's tactics are so irratic and don't suit a big strong forward like Heskey for example.  In the last year How many matches has Heskey played out and out forward along side Owen?
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:31 am

Well said big Al ,an interesting deposition of biblical proportions although i dont think Martin O would be my choice he would only play Lenny Henry up front oh sorry i mean Emile Heskey i always get my comedians mixed up, but in keeping with the biblical theme I think most devotees of Liverpool fc are reading from the same hymn sheet and we realise it was a false dawn
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:33 am

Amen brother!!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:46 am

As far as Cisse knows he is coming to Liverpool to be a striker wait till Houllier deploys him as a centre half ,he will be back through that channel tunnel before you can say inspector Clouseau
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:56 am

I think GH has Cisse ear-marked for the right wing so he can move Big Emile to centre-half to form a masterful partnership with BeckinBiscan.And thus releasing Sami Hyypia to forage for goals with Michael Owen.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:02 am

Hail the new messiah (as far as I can tell)    Martin `O Neill.
s##t it didnt work.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:06 am

MON
Good Jesus this didnt work either.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ImageImageImage