Liverpool V Newcastle UTD 16:00 04/11/12

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:26 pm

the lone wolf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:19 pm wrote:
redtrader74 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:15 pm wrote:
Redtribe » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm wrote:I love the patience, not even half a season has passed we have a thin squad and already people are calling for the managers head.

Brilliant.....

I doubt anyone wants to be negative, but what do you do when you see buck Rogers amateur attempts at management on his publicity vehicle 'being Liverpool'? I don't have any faith in his ability, so shall we pretend that he's actually good at his job? I would love him to be a success, but he ain't got it, and very soon, if he hasn't already, he'll lose the players.

:nod  :bowdown  :nod
Politely said without the frustration  :;):

You two are pretty sad really, if you cannot see the difference between Hodgson team and Rodgers team then you need to go away and watch netball or something.

So lets change the manager after a quarter of the season cos we dominated a team and didn't win through poor finishing, lets then spend another 10 weeks looking for a new manager and then after another 10 games you will want him sacked cos we are not top of the league.

Fook me why am I even wasting my time answering garbage posts like these
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:27 pm

A point against Newcastle isn't a poor result, it's a result that I would have taken at the start of the match, even though I wanted us to get the three points. Luis Suarez was exceptional today, once again he was denied what I feel should have been a penalty. Our play is very good and our youngsters have really impressed me, though one thing is for certain we need another striker, one who can score goals. Jonjo Shelvey had a glorious opportunity, but slipped and scuffed the chance. It's incidents like that one which can make or break a game for a team such is the tough competition in the league. Those calling for the manager's head are idiots and not worthy of a response. Rodgers has done well so far this season and I just hope he allowed some money to spend in the winter and summer windows to really address our lack of depth. Remember Rodgers hasn't created this problem, this problem of not winning enough games stretches back three years to when Rafa was our manager.

Rodgers is NOT a miracle worker and won't change our fortunes around in three months, six months or twelve months, but already I can see the progression we are making and with a bit of fortune on our side, we could easily be much higher up than where we are now.
Last edited by Boxscarf on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boxscarf

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:27 pm wrote:A point against Newcastle isn't a poor result, it's a result that I would have taken at the start of the match, even though I wanted us to get the three points. Luis Suarez was exceptional today, once again he was denied what I feel should have been a penalty. Our play is very good and our youngsters have really impressed me, though one thing is for certain we need another striker, one who can score goals. Jonjo Shelvey had a glorious opportunity, but slipped and scuffed the chance. It's incidents like that one which can make or break a game for a team such is the tough competition in the league. Those calling for the manager's head are idiots and not worthy of a response. Rodgers has done well so far this season and I just hope he allowed some money to spend in the winter and summer windows to real address our lack of depth. Remember Rodgers hasn't created this problem, this problem of not winning enough games stretches back three years to when Rafa was our manager.

Rodgers is a miracle worker and won't change our fortunes around in three months, six months or twelve months, but already I can see the progression we are making and with a bit of fortune on our side, we could easily be much higher up than where we are now.

:nod  :nod
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:29 pm

Well it sure as hell isn't about fans who have patience and give managers at least a year or 2 in the job before asking for their head!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:36 pm

The frustrating thing for me is that, just like against Everton, we resorted to long ball tactics second half. Fair enough that's how we scored, but again WHY loan out Carroll if this is plan B when we can't pass through sides?

There is nothing wrong with 4-3-3 and a passing philosophy but i think EVERY side needs plan B and ours doesn't work when your front 3 are all well under 6 foot tall.

At the moment we don't have enough attacking quality for plan A to work either.

It can only get better though. We have to keep faith in Rodgers, we all knew this would take time. Accept the season is a write off in terms of trophies or CL qualification (I'd done that before a ball was kicked this season), but it's not going to help spitting the dummy now. Things are what they are until January at least. Realistically we're looking at mid table.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Couple of top class strikers and this team improves double.rodgers needs financial backing for that and this is where our problems lie and not with a manager working with one hand tied behind his back.to improve the team whilst cutting running costs and stifling recruitment is almost impossible let alone for a guy so new to a job.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Boocity » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:26 pm wrote:
You two are pretty sad really, if you cannot see the difference between Hodgson team and Rodgers team then you need to go away and watch netball or something.

So lets change the manager after a quarter of the season cos we dominated a team and didn't win through poor finishing, lets then spend another 10 weeks looking for a new manager and then after another 10 games you will want him sacked cos we are not top of the league.

Learn to read mate, I have not made any reference to Hogdson, nor am I fan of getting rid of managers. The thing is I do not believe BR will be successful, you must be easily impressed by the pub psychology and crude attempts at Shanklyesque sayings, I am not. HE allowed Carroll to leave before a forward was signed, any credible manager woud have made sure there was pen to paper first. He needs to close his mouth and stop talking to the media and get on with using the players he has usefully, rather than trying to keep his reputation for overplaying.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:00 pm

redtrader74 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:44 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:26 pm wrote:

Learn to read mate, I have not made any reference to Hogdson, nor am I fan of getting rid of managers. The thing is I do not believe BR will be successful, you must be easily impressed by the pub psychology and crude attempts at Shanklyesque sayings, I am not. HE allowed Carroll to leave before a forward was signed, any credible manager woud have made sure there was pen to paper first. He needs to close his mouth and stop talking to the media and get on with using the players he has usefully, rather than trying to keep his reputation for overplaying.

Fair enough I shouldn't have put you in the same frame as the lone wolf, however, I think you are being hard on him, I personally don't go in for all the Shanklyesque stuff but he's doing well with a pretty thin squad and we really should have won today but for some poor finishing and that wasn't down to over playing but lack of composure from young players.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 pm

I doubt anyone wants to be negative, but what do you do when you see buck Rogers amateur attempts at management on his publicity vehicle 'being Liverpool'? I don't have any faith in his ability, so shall we pretend that he's actually good at his job? I would love him to be a success, but he ain't got it, and very soon, if he hasn't already, he'll lose the players.[/quote]

:nod  :bowdown  :nod
Politely said without the frustration  :;):[/quote]

Fook me why am I even wasting my time answering garbage posts like these[/quote]

1st - I agree - if you don't like what's being written then don't reply. After all that is your right.
2nd - We played teams off the park all last season and that was deemed not good enough even tho we won a trophy which we happlessly gave up earlier in the week.
3rd - I never even typed anything towards 'get rid of the manager' - I was merely pointing out, that he aint all that as a manager, his tactics are poor (even tho I quoted last week - that he did well against Everton and I was starting to believe) so what else can I do a part from vent my frustration?
4th BR is young and PIG HEADED - this will be his downfall, even if he gets us into the CL final one day - we won't win becasue he is too PIG HEADED with tunnel vision.
5th - BR needs to adapt and play to the strengths of the squad he has to get the best out of them - not restrict and limit them.
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:04 pm

tubby » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:29 pm wrote:Well it sure as hell isn't about fans who have patience and give managers at least a year or 2 in the job before asking for their head!

Enlighten us then.
I didn't call for Kenny's head or Rafa's before.
A forum is a place to share thoughts and ideas - Enlighten me...
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Learn to read mate, I have not made any reference to Hogdson, nor am I fan of getting rid of managers. The thing is I do not believe BR will be successful, you must be easily impressed by the pub psychology and crude attempts at Shanklyesque sayings, I am not. HE allowed Carroll to leave before a forward was signed, any credible manager woud have made sure there was pen to paper first. He needs to close his mouth and stop talking to the media and get on with using the players he has usefully, rather than trying to keep his reputation for overplaying.[/quote]

Fair enough I shouldn't have put you in the same frame as the lone wolf, however, I think you are being hard on him, I personally don't go in for all the Shanklyesque stuff but he's doing well with a pretty thin squad and we really should have won today but for some poor finishing and that wasn't down to over playing but lack of composure from young players.[/quote]

So the Lone Wolf with type again!
To quote: "We should have won today." - Well that's positive - did you type that last week and the week before?
Let's all remain positive for negatives sake?
I mean; if it wasn't for an absolutely WORLD CLASS - TOP SHELF finish today we would have lost - that's my concern.
But hey - let's ALL be positive  :no
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Rodgers is only 5 months into his tenure and already people are expecting him to make wine out of water. It's beyond ridiculous and it reminds me of Rafa's first season where people were writing him off until around the knock out stages of the CL when we really started going places in that competition. I think we'll go places with Brendan, but we're going to have endure some difficult times under his guidance before we start enjoying success. It's not going to be plain sailing and even the great Jose Mourinho would struggle trying to get us out of the doldrums and back into the mix at the top of the league. Have faith, the season still has a long way to go and I am confident that better times lie ahead for us under Rodgers, but at the moment we must take the rough and then comes the smooth.

Btw, a little criticism of Rodgers is his constant selection of Gerrard, despite Shelvey being the much better performer so far this season. It irks me to no end that managers have favourites, favourites who are living off the past when contributing very little to the present.
Boxscarf

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Reading over reactions and I'm shocked at how many are so disappointed.  We played a solid Newcastle side, and got a point.  We outplayed them from the start, they only had 3 shots on target the whole game, and Luis had another brilliant goal- he's finally scoring consistently for us. 

I thought Enrique was poor today.  he had moments where he would do something really good, but overall he seemed to have a lot of trouble.  One person who I felt was absolutely awful today, was Allen. Not exactly awful compared to other players, but what we've come to expect from him, he was really bad.  He looked like he had absolutely no confidence all day, his touch was off at times, and he misplaced a good 10 passes or so, from somebody who usually doesn't misplace more than 1 or 2 a game.  He almost looked like he was sick or something, just not up to it today at all.  Our set pieces were horrible, Gerrard only had 1 or 2 good one and the rest seemed to hit the very first man.  Suso is a good player and he'll do things for us, but he goes way too quiet way too often.  When we get somebody in in January, I expect it will be him that makes way.  Thought Agger and Skrtel were really good again.  I thought Sahin looked extremely lively from the start- maybe a bit of a wake up from being subbed at half last week.  Of the 3 in the center I'd say he was by far the best today.  Suarez had another great game, especially against one of the leagues better CBs in Colo. Colo played him really well and gave him some trouble, but Luis still got the better.  What a goal.

Not sure what was up with the red card.  Very clear red card (tho Michael Owen has taken to twitter to claim there was no contact.  No wonder he doesn't score anymore, he clearly can't see).  It seemed unnecessary and very unlike Colo- he's not really that type of player, but it looked really dirty and purposeful.  He didn't leave a hanging leg, he went in behind him, the ball was kicked away, and then he stamped at the back of Suarez's leg.  Shelvey came in and had some really good chances and just couldn't take them.  Should have had a goal today.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Owen on twitter regarding the sending off

"Not having that at all. [Coloccini] didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't have missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all."

Of course there was fooking intent, he was trying to get him all afternoon
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the lone wolf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:21 pm wrote:Rodgers is only 5 months into his tenure and already people are expecting him to make wine out of water. It's beyond ridiculous and it reminds me of Rafa's first season where people were writing him off until around the knock out stages of the CL when we really started going places in that competition. I think we'll go places with Brendan, but we're going to have endure some difficult times under his guidance before we start enjoying success. It's not going to be plain sailing and even the great Jose Mourinho would struggle trying to get us out of the doldrums and back into the mix at the top of the league. Have faith, the season still has a long way to go and I am confident that better times lie ahead for us under Rodgers, but at the moment we must take the rough and then comes the smooth.

Btw, a little criticism of Rodgers is his constant selection of Gerrard, despite Shelvey being the much better performer so far this season. It irks me to no end that managers have favourites, favourites who are living off the past when contributing very little to the present.

A part from the Gerrard comment I think you could work for the UN Boxscarf  :bowdown
Anyway:
People over react - the owners have bought BR time as they know he is inexperienced. They will give him 2 full season easily, so I can't see why people react when other are frustrated.
To all fans of BR - you've got your man - as for going places - let's hope it's not a bottomless pit where we end!
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games