Liverpool V Newcastle UTD 16:00 04/11/12

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:47 am

We welcome the magpies to Anfield Sunday afternoon. Which will be a fantastic game of football if previous encounters are to go by.

Form going into the game in the Premierleague are quite similar.

Liverpool - LWDWD
Newcastle - WDLDW

Last year at Anfield a Craig Bellamy enspired 3-1 win to the red men.

Danger men

Liverpool - Luis Suarez, Raheem Sterling
Newcastle - Hatem Ben Arfa, Demba Ba

Demba Ba is 50-50 to play this one so it could be Papis Demba Cisse who pairs up with Shola Ameobi and with his two goals against us last year he will be right up for it.

With the defeat against Swansea midweek a few players maybe on a downer but we should make quite a few changes for this one.

Expect to see Reina back in. Along with Johnson so wisdom could see his run in the side come to an end.

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Allen  Sahin
                Gerrard
Suso                            Sterling
                 Suarez

Dont think weve seen this 11 before and i think it is our strongest.

Im going for a 2-0 win

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:55 pm

4-3  :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Almost the same but a slight variation in the middle - I would like to see

Reina

Allen  Gerrard
                Shelvey
                 Suarez

I've been more disappointed with Sahin of late to be honest. He looks good in Europe but in the league looks rushed and largely anonymous. Everton epitomised that for me, subbed at half time. Once Shelvey came on we looked more dynamic, he didn't necessarily add much to the game in terms of creativity but he was far more mobile and will to get stuck in. I can see Newcastle being a similar game to the Everton game.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:35 pm

I think we might see Johnson at LB and Wisdom at RB.

Vital to bounce back after mid week.  As ever praying Suarez doesn't get injured or booked!
mkingdom

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:30 pm

oh yeah forgot suarez is one booking away from suspension.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:20 pm

I cant stick that smarmy tw@t Pardew so I really hope we tonk these b@stards

Come on Liverpool FFS  :grinning:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:17 am

My brother's a newcastle fan so it'll be war in our house.  We look forward to this fixture every year.

Pool with the win, 3-1, and Suarez gets his first penalty of the season.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:50 am

SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:23 pm wrote:Almost the same but a slight variation in the middle - I would like to see

Reina

Allen  Gerrard
                Shelvey
                 Suarez

I've been more disappointed with Sahin of late to be honest. He looks good in Europe but in the league looks rushed and largely anonymous. Everton epitomised that for me, subbed at half time. Once Shelvey came on we looked more dynamic, he didn't necessarily add much to the game in terms of creativity but he was far more mobile and will to get stuck in. I can see Newcastle being a similar game to the Everton game.

Surprise surprise, it's the pan handle man of Shelvey.

Sahin's better. Gerrard should play where Shelvey is in your line-up and Sahin next to Allen.

Shelvey is way too inconsistent at the mo, and is rather erratic with both his tackling and attacking duties.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:05 am

Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:50 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:23 pm wrote:Almost the same but a slight variation in the middle - I would like to see

Reina

Allen  Gerrard
                Shelvey
                 Suarez

Surprise surprise, it's the pan handle man of Shelvey.

Sahin's better. Gerrard should play where Shelvey is in your line-up and Sahin next to Allen.

Shelvey is way too inconsistent at the mo, and is rather erratic with both his tackling and attacking duties.

Zzzzz another predictable response. I bet your idea of a good comedy is Mr.Bean.

Both Shelvey and Sahin have been inconsistent lately. The whole f*cking team has for that matter. Sahin was subbed at half time, looked anonymous and ineffective against Everton (same can be said of Suso). Most would agree that Rodgers' subs at half time revived our performance. He obviously saw something wrong with Sahin as well, or maybe it's his crush on Shelvey. I can't work it out.

Newcastle will be a very similar game to Everton so why pick a player, Sahin, who had a mare against similar opposition in the previous game?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:20 am

Newcastle will be a very similar game to Everton so why pick a player, Sahin, who had a mare against similar opposition in the previous game? 

I don't think Newcastle will be a similar game. We're the home side here for starters, so Newcastle won't have 30 odd thousand bitters pumped up behind them, revving them on and appealing for anything they can. Newcastle, won't press the ball like Everton did IMO and they're not as physical either. So a ball player like Sahin at home against a relative ball playing team like Newcastle would be a better option than your pin-up. All in my opinion of course.

Today we need to get back to playing football, because Everton was a battle and Sahin is much better suited for doing that.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Reina

Allen  Gerrard
                Shelvey
                 Suarez

Good lineup ,totally right on the Sahin/Shelvey comment ,Jonjo has been much more dominant then Sahin and at times even better then Stevie this season ,easy pick for me. Good opportunity to close on the 4th place hope we take it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:46 pm

only me » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:57 pm wrote:

Reina

Allen  Gerrard
                Shelvey
                 Suarez

Good lineup ,totally right on the Sahin/Shelvey comment ,Jonjo has been much more dominant then Sahin and at times even better then Stevie this season ,easy pick for me. Good opportunity to close on the 4th place hope we take it.

problem solved. :nod
bench gerrard :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ken_job » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Big big match this one! A win puts us 2 points behind Arsenal and 4 behind Spurs & Everton. It would make a nice change to see us take three points on a weekend where arsenal, spurs, everton and newcastle all failed .... and an important psychological jump in league position. We HAVE to win this.

1-0 hard fought win (the boy suarez to the rescue again!)

... and for what its worth I'd go for Sahin to start with Shelvey retained for impact sub on 65.
ken_job

Postby dundreamin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:38 am

We will do them 4-0
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby only me » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 am

red till i die!! » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:46 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:57 pm wrote:

Reina

Allen  Gerrard
                Shelvey
                 Suarez

problem solved. :nod
bench gerrard :D

How did you reach that conclusion? Btw not that Stevie in my opinion is immune from being subbed and yes on some games Jonjo was much better...but as long as the team remains 11 players their is room for both.
only me
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games