Liverpool V Newcastle UTD 16:00 04/11/12

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:26 am

Our defence will be key today. They have alot of exciting players. Ben arfa Cabaye Cisse and Ba although im not sure if Ba will play.

I hope Reina plays and gets some revenge on that tw@t perch the ugly B@stard.

This back 5 was the best in the league last year bar none in my opinion.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:07 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:23 pm wrote:Almost the same but a slight variation in the middle - I would like to see

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Allen  Gerrard
                Shelvey
Suso                            Sterling
                 Suarez

I've been more disappointed with Sahin of late to be honest. He looks good in Europe but in the league looks rushed and largely anonymous. Everton epitomised that for me, subbed at half time. Once Shelvey came on we looked more dynamic, he didn't necessarily add much to the game in terms of creativity but he was far more mobile and will to get stuck in. I can see Newcastle being a similar game to the Everton game.

I'd swap Gerrard and Shelvey. I think it's time to get Gerrard more involved in our attacking play - while Torres scored a lot in 08-09, we're missing the goals and assists from midfield that Gerrard provided even more. I wouldn't mind seeing Assaidi start.

I'm making my return to 306 for this, it's a beautiful day in Liverpool and should be a great match.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Buzzin... Can't wait for this one!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:45 pm

We have a thin squad and also a work in progress side. So if we win, of course I'll be over the moon but if we lose/draw, I'll try not to be too disappointed because we don't have any proper goal scorers and when Kuyt, Rodriguez and Carroll who could grab the goals all left, we didn't replace them. So I'll only be looking forward to winning ways after the Jan. window if Brendan can manage to sign a few proven scorers. The side we have now will struggle to score. We are the underdogs again IMO.
alwayslfc

Postby Raoul » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:02 pm

alwayslfc » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:45 pm wrote:We have a thin squad and also a work in progress side. So if we win, of course I'll be over the moon but if we lose/draw, I'll try not to be too disappointed because we don't have any proper goal scorers and when Kuyt, Rodriguez and Carroll who could grab the goals all left, we didn't replace them. So I'll only be looking forward to winning ways after the Jan. window if Brendan can manage to sign a few proven scorers. The side we have now will struggle to score. We are the underdogs again IMO.

Can't argue with much of that, but I think that playing at home and with close to a full strength team to select from, a win is well within our ability.

I see that physio room says Reina is back and Johnson will be having a late fitness test - any other news to confirm or deny that?
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:10 pm

he Liverpool team in full:

Jones, Wisdom, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Sahin, Gerrard, Allen, Suso, Sterling, Suarez.

Subs: Gulacsi, Henderson, Assaidi, Carragher, Shelvey, Downing, Coates.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Wow!  Reina  not even on the bench???  Jones looked ok against Everton but not outstanding by any stretch.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:33 pm

So Johnson failed his late fitness test. I assume that means that Ba has passed his, which would be typical of our luck this season.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Gerrard to score on his 600th :buttrock
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:38 pm

crim cram » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm wrote:Wow!  Reina  not even on the bench???  Jones looked ok against Everton but not outstanding by any stretch.

Now cue the mental cases on here who will claim Reina was dropped and now is on his way out of Liverpool

:D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:40 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:38 pm wrote:
crim cram » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm wrote:Wow!  Reina  not even on the bench???  Jones looked ok against Everton but not outstanding by any stretch.

Now cue the mental cases on here who will claim Reina was dropped and now is on his way out of Liverpool

I didn't know it was a fitness issue since he was on the bench last week :blush:
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:50 pm

crim cram » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:40 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:38 pm wrote:

I didn't know it was a fitness issue since he was on the bench last week :blush:

Reina was only on the bench last Sunday because Gulacsi split his finger open and definitely couldn't take part. Obviously his finger has healed and he is fit enough to resume bench duty.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Cmon on yer Redmen, 2-0 to us
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Newcastle are:

Tim Krul, Fabricio Coloccini, Davide Santon, James Perch, Steven Taylor, Yohan Cabaye, Vurnon Anita, Hatem Ben Arfa, Jonás Gutiérrez, Papiss Demba Cisse, Demba Ba

Subs: Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Michael Williamson, Gabriel Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson , Shola Ameobi

Decent team that.

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Sterling already causing trouble.
crim cram
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games