Rio Ferdinand

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:25 am

Where is his 8 game ban?

Short post, but a justified question. He was fined for racist comments.

So I ask again.

Where is his 8 game ban?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:21 am

He had a lesser fine as well.. Where the f*ck is the justice in that? 

"An independent commission found Friday that Ferdinand was guilty of REFERENCING ETHNIC ORIGIN AND RACE when he re-tweeted a user's comment that referred to Cole as a "choc ice," a slang term perceived as meaning black on the outside and white on the inside."

Isn't that pretty much exactly what they said about Suarez?  And yet his fine is less and he has no ban at all?  What I found equally as bad was that the article on soccernet spoke about basketball players getting fined for racist remarks, but no mention on the Suarez incident, likely to avoid any questioning of comparison between the two.  You can expect the NBA to be consistent in the NBA, that has no effect on the PL, but apparently you can't expect the PL to be consistent with the PL...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:39 am

Of the three cases involving Suarez, Terry, and Ferdinand. Suarez is the one with least proof against but is the one most punished. I have no doubt Terry will walk away scott free from his case.

It stinks. And nobody can do a thing against it.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion