Dave Whelan's wonderful world of w@nk

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 pm

He's at it again  :laugh:

Whelan denies Martinez contact

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan has confirmed that Tottenham Hotspur have not made an approach for Roberto Martinez.

Tottenham parted ways with boss Harry Redknapp on Wednesday after four years in the job.

Latics boss Martinez was immediately among those to be linked with the vacant manager's position at White Hart Lane, along with the likes of Everton's David Moyes and former Chelsea chief Andre Villas-Boas.

However, Whelan has been quick to dismiss any talk of an approach by the London club for the Spaniard and insists he would not encourage any contact.

"I have not been approached, and Roberto has not been approached," Whelan told ESPN.

"He is so honest that he would tell me the minute that he has.

"I think it's pie in the sky that Spurs want Roberto. It seems that way as they have made no approach.

"That's not to say that they won't, but I hope that Spurs go for David Moyes and leave us alone."
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:28 am

I would just like to announce that, despite my stellar record of 1 league championship in the 1 season I've managed my local high school team, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have not yet approached me about the current vacancy in their managerial position.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:24 am

ethanr » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:28 am wrote:I would just like to announce that, despite my stellar record of 1 league championship in the 1 season I've managed my local high school team, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have not yet approached me about the current vacancy in their managerial position.

That's because you're from California you sensitive mole.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:02 am

Dave Whelan must be desperate to get shut of Martinez. Everytime a managers job comes up for grabs Whelan pops up pimping his a$$.
what a n@b
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:32 pm

DAVE WHELAN UPDATE...NOTHING HAS HAPPENED  :laugh:

Wigan Athletic owner Dave Whelan won't stand in Roberto Martinez's way if Tottenham Hotspur come calling for the highly rated manager.

Spurs confirmed Redknapp's departure in the early hours of Thursday morning, with Everton's David Moyes and Martinez leading candidates to replace him, along with former Chelsea head coach Andre Villas-Boas and Rafael Benitez.

Martinez, who held talks with Liverpool over the summer, sidestepped the issue during a pundit stint for ESPN at Euro 2012, diplomatically stressing he was honoured to be linked to such a vacancy, and was testament to how well his Wigan side had performed.

Moyes has just returned from holiday and is also set to head out to the European Championships, so any face-to-face talks at White Hart Lane would have to wait.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan insists there has been no approach for Martinez from Spurs, but would not block any potential meeting, as with sanctioning contact for Liverpool.

"If Tottenham come to me and ask to speak to him, I have to say the answer is yes. It always is," said Whelan, reported on BBC Sport.

"You cannot stop managers moving.

"Every club that people regard as a big club, when these jobs come up people say 'oh Roberto must be in for that'. And Roberto is actually quite happy at Wigan.

"I have not heard one thing from Tottenham Hotspur or from Roberto, so as far as I am concerned there is nothing going on at present.

"I just wait and see. Roberto is very happy, he is doing a brilliant job for me."
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:37 am

DAVE WHELAN UPDATE...NOTHING HAS HAPPENED 

Wigan Athletic owner Dave Whelan won't stand in Roberto Martinez's way if Barcelona come calling for the highly rated manager after Pep Guardiola recently resigned.  etc.. etc...  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:58 pm

SKY SPORTS NEWS UPDATE

Dave Whelan stated earlier today that his postman is free to to talk to other interested neighbours ,and under no circumstances would he stand in his way .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drewsmand2008 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:57 am

in the 1 season I've managed my local high school team, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have not yet approached me about the current vacancy in their managerial position.Image
drewsmand2008
LFC newBie

Return to Premiership - General Discussion