Gary speed

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:14 pm

For some reason I always liked him, he was a top player but always seemed like a really good guy, and it looks like he was from the things said by those who knew him. From the outside he had it all, wife, kids, money a great career and he was a good looking bloke, you just never know whats going on in someones head.

RIP
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:10 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Gary Speed appearing on BBC show Football Focus with Gary McAllister yesterday

This is what shocks me most.  Beamed into your living room (well not mine but you get the idea) one day, presumably with no hint of anything wrong, and found dead the next day by his own hand.  It's hard to reconcile that.

its not that strange to tell you the trurh, two years ago i had a guy on my confidence course that was very happy, we done a Self-esteem , he go 10, no one had ever got a ten before, ten means every thing in your life is how you like it.....that night he walked home, filled his bath up and slit his wrists.
as luck would have it his ex wife turned up and saved him.
a few weeks later he was back on the course, he told me about the test and said everthing in his life had been sorted, he had told every one that matters that he loved them, said goodbye to them, posted of letters, every thing in his life was in order, thats why he had such a high Self-esteem on that day.

now if anyone ever gets near a ten i tend to keep a very close eye on them.

I'm not expert, but I've heard that before, it's what they call a moment of clarity where the answer suddenly becomes apparent and everything sorts itself out. An old schoolfriend of mine jumped off a bridge onto a motorway. From what I understand, someone tried to stop him, he turned, smiled with a look that terrified the person trying to help and he jumped. I think it is fair to say that people in those situations are not playing by the same rules as most in those situations. I am probably wrong here, but tbh, noone that seemed to know him well seems to think that he was struggling with anything long term.....makes me think this wasn't the case.

Personally, I am expecting this whole NoW trial to go into overdrive as I think he may have gotten some news that was too much to deal with....wild speculation I know.....but....
Homebooby

Postby Dundalk » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion