Morgan is back - Dawn of new financial era

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:59 pm

miniman

Its the ol chicken and the egg, in order for success yer need the players and money and they in turn bring success, almost a balance which is what Chelsea don't have at present. The money yes but no the success so its not just as simple as the dosh I'm afraid.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:10 pm

i know i was only referring to a couple of comments that were along the lines of  "we should let morgan in cos he has the passion for LFC"  etc tc
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:12 pm

OK sorry ???
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby miniman » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:15 pm

Fair point, it has not worked at Chelski, but in this site some time ago someone said that the board needs to be changed, they are scared of Morgan taking over. I think they are as much to blame as Houllier as they sanctioned the purchase of so many duff players !!!
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:21 pm

the guys who run football clubs do it for the power it gives them and the money they can make, football needs to move on and start developing it as a business with all its potential.

Glazer is on the case at Mancs and this tendancy will continue, at least Morgan is local...Ok living in Jersey/Guernsey...do they have pizza delivery there? I'll have to ask someone who knows!
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:58 pm

miniman wrote:Fair point, it has not worked at Chelski, but in this site some time ago someone said that the board needs to be changed, they are scared of Morgan taking over. I think they are as much to blame as Houllier as they sanctioned the purchase of so many duff players !!!

Bang on Miniman, that's exactly the point and the poor deals continue, post Houllier.
Owen sold for a song, Cisse purchased for Top Dollar etc. If the Business management was really on top of it's game, neither of those two deals would have taken place to the disadvantage of LFC.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:35 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:i know i was only referring to a couple of comments that were along the lines of  "we should let morgan in cos he has the passion for LFC"  etc tc

i say he has passion because he is a business man and in order to become sucessful you must have passion for what you are doing. this is like a business to him he will run it with the passion that made him a self made millionaire
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby miniman » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:28 pm

Redrider wrote:[
Owen sold for a song, Cisse purchased for Top Dollar etc. If the Business management was really on top of it's game, neither of those two deals would have taken place to the disadvantage of LFC.

I think Morgan would look after his money better as his is a self made man. Abromavic(or what ever you call him) just throws moneyat the club hand over fist. He will get bored at some point. I say give Morgan a chance !!!!
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

Postby spud » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:37 pm

The club needs a complete shake up from the top, as I've said on previous threads.  It's run like a boys club and needs to be run like a big company.
spud

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:49 pm

the buying of players has nothing to do with the board.

its not their job to decide who plays for liverpool. if managers have to ok this witht he board, that would mean that the boards judgement of players is better than the managers. and if we accept that the boards judgements of players is better than the managers, why have managers at all? that would mean the board pick the players a la Real Madrid and that is not what any manager wants.

board members are not board members cos they know how good players are, they are businessman, that is why they are on the board, and the only place they have a say in players is when it comes to paying the money.

the manager is supposed to receive the boards trust for finding good players and building his team. you cant blame the board cos they put their trust in houllier and he didnt come up with the goods.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:00 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:the buying of players has nothing to do with the board.

its not their job to decide who plays for liverpool. if managers have to ok this witht he board, that would mean that the boards judgement of players is better than the managers. and if we accept that the boards judgements of players is better than the managers, why have managers at all? that would mean the board pick the players a la Real Madrid and that is not what any manager wants.

board members are not board members cos they know how good players are, they are businessman, that is why they are on the board, and the only place they have a say in players is when it comes to paying the money.

the manager is supposed to receive the boards trust for finding good players and building his team. you cant blame the board cos they put their trust in houllier and he didnt come up with the goods.

try telling that to sir bobby robson and freddie shepherd at newcastle. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:01 pm

We dont really know who decides what, in some clubs its all down to the manager who gets bought and in others like RM its down to the Chairman.

Not sure who was doing what but MO left after Houlier and Raf had been here such a short time so we cant blame him which only leaves Parry, in my mind!

heard today on soccer am that Sir Bobby is still waiting for his money from the chairman so there is likely to be litigation if it isn't resolved soon.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:06 pm

at newcastle, it is common knowledge that shepherd agreed to sell woodgate to real madrid behind robson's back. it was also shepherd who brought patrick kluivert to the club. and as for wayne rooney, that was just a pathetic attempt by shepherd to appease the fans.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion