Morgan is back - Dawn of new financial era

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:54 am

Morgan is Back :

Morgan weighing up third offer Oct 15 2004
By Andy Hunter, Daily Post

''BUILDING magnate Steve Morgan remains confident of delivering a £100million investment plan that will be acceptable to Liverpool.''

Hopefully, this will be the dawn of a new era in the management of the club. The impetus of Steve Morgan joining the Board should bring not only additional investment, but a lot more commercial acumen.
Bring an end to the ineptitude displayed in the buying and selling of players, clear out the nepotisim of appointing ex-players and hangers-on to key scouting and development positions.
Stop the ranks of consultants and contractors taking us for a ride on the design and cost of the new stadium etc.  :)   :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:59 am

While I agree that something needs to be done to stop the ineptitude of the present management in buing and selling players I think the key to whether Morgan is the answer lies in his motives.

Is Morgan more interested in his returns or is he more interested in results, since he's a businessman then he wants returns but at what expense to the club.

Not sure hes the man to value the players but he might know someone on the forum that could help in that department.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:44 pm

Could'nt comment on his motives. I don't know the bloke, but he can't be all sweetness and light, he is a self-made millionaire in his own lifetime, he must have stepped on a few toes on his way up.
Now maybe we need an injection of business umph! at Anfield. The current lot look too cosy, living off past glories, clinging to Family values etc, jobs for the good old boys etc. Well ok if we can afford it, let's retain some of those values, but for goodness sake we need to sharpen our act up. The like of RM are taking the p*ss out of us and MUFC, AFC and CFC are leaving us behind in the UK.
We need to get out there and step on a few toes ourselves and maybe Morgan is the man to show our Muppets how to do it.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:48 pm

... he's becoming the "come-back-kid" :D  ... and where have I heard that before... ?and will his advances be spurned... again? :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:53 pm

If they are spurned, it is probably because the existing management realise the threat to their cosy existence, that comes with Morgan.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:09 pm

hes got good bouncebackability really :;):
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:10 pm

murphy0151 wrote:hes got good bouncebackability really :;):

The lad has immeasurablebouncebackability.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:14 pm

kindaconfused wrote:Is Morgan more interested in his returns or is he more interested in results, since he's a businessman then he wants returns but at what expense to the club.

To maximise your returns you have to be successful.  They go hand in hand.

More professionalism req'd in the board room, stop running it like a boys club.
spud

Postby lakes10 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:18 pm

radio 5 are saying that any new bid by Morgan will be turned away.

i think we should just let him in and take all his money lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:20 pm

Bang on Spud.
Let's hope this deal run's, we need a big management shake up.
I think Rafa has cottoned on, he is on to the poor scouting and the dearth of talent coming out of the academy. All being run by some of our 'good old boy's' up to Rafa's arrival.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:24 pm

lakes10 wrote:radio 5 are saying that any new bid by Morgan will be turned away.

i think we should just let him in and take all his money lol

Of course the current bunch will say this. They know with their current poor performance that their job's are on the line with a new power in the Board room.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:43 pm

Redrider

Its interesting that we feel the need to change a manager while not changing the Directors or Chairman. I guess one is about results and ability while the directors is about money.

Its easier also to oust a manager than a director and it seems from the response to anything about business strategy the fans arent interested until it affects them through there pocket, as evidenced by the fans fear to Glazer going to Manc and to the lack of interest unless issues affect the results of the team.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:52 pm

The majority of fans are only concerned with superficial issues aka' Cisse is better than Baros and neither are as good as Owen etc.
Very few understand the impact of business management, unless their attention is drawn to it in a sensationalist way by the Tabloids.
Most think that management means the coach, whilst that is important and Rafa is important, it is really the effectivness of the Business Management Team that rules the day, look at Leeds United.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:14 pm

The boardroom needs a shakeup. Its a closed shop and it seems no amount of money from Morgan will move these guys. I thought the Cisse deal summed up the crazy way they go about things. Agreeing to sign a guy when you have one eye on sacking the mananger. A £14 million pound record investment at that. I just wish they had left that in coffers for Benitez  ???
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Redprof » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:30 pm

At least Rafa recognises the need for finding local talent but hope he doesn't shake up the academy too much and ****** up what it does best-bring on local talent. As`for Morgan he has passion, enthusuiasm and more importantly plenty of dosh. Some of these other financial backers have little underdstanding of what LFC is all about-let's get him on board :)
Redprof

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion