Vodka for my men, we don't ride at dawn !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:00 am

Dundalk wrote:Good post Ian.

I know how Arsenal felt now when we put them out! We gave are all and it wasnt enough on the night but to come back the way we did was very credable and we had them on the ropes in the last 20 mins of the second half.

All in all we can be really proud of what we achieved. Since Rafa arrived he has put us back on the map in Europe and we were a little unlucky last night.

Roll on the Premiership next year

:nod  :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:02 am

Just out of morbid interest, was Torres injured and is that why he came off ? Or was he just having a bad night ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 01, 2008 10:21 am

You have to remember that after 3 games in the group stages we were on the way out and Klinnsmann was on his way in!!

So to get to the semi-final and get put out by the odd goal playing the second leg in the away ground is a great achievment by Rafa and the team.

Get real people.

Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and countless others can only dream of our recent record in Europe. Considering the money available to Rafa compered to the likes of United and Chelsea we are punching above are weight.

Only for this Champions League run the name of this club would have been dragged through the press even worse. Rafa kept the focus of the club on the pitch and hats off to the man
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:35 am

True about Inter and AC, but Bayern have historically been tight with their spending. They have a wage structure in the club and even the likes of Effenberg at his very best was told where to go when he looked for more than the club could or would offer.
bunglemark2

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 01, 2008 10:53 am

Speaking about Bayern what the hell happens if we meet them in next years Champions League??

Who does fat hicks support then, us or his buddie
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matt1974 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:19 am

Excellent post by the thread starter. I've already had the jibes from workmates and then I ask them on how many ECs their favourites have won (one idiot tried to say "Yeah but Man Utd and Celtic combined have won mo....." - no they haven't).

As for the poster who enquired about the Torres substitution, Rafa's quoted on the BBC site saying Torres had gone into this game with a hamstring concern which had become worse as the night unfolded.
matt1974

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:34 am

Dundalk wrote:Speaking about Bayern what the hell happens if we meet them in next years Champions League??

Who does fat hicks support then, us or his buddie

If and when we DO meet them in Muenchen, then I reckon Hicks will have his head stuffed full of Leberkaese and Bratwursts, topped off by a couple of Steins of Paulaner, and won't even know there's a footie match on...

Just look at him : I'm not sayin' he's fat, but he must be quicker to go over than go 'round...

:rasp
bunglemark2

Postby nemolyk » Thu May 01, 2008 3:52 pm

"Chelsea are simply a recent problem but once Ambramovich goes to prison for his doddgy dealings in the Ukraine over all that oil he stole or gets bored with his play-thing of a club and withdraws his roubles , Chelsea will make Leeds look like a well run club."

haha,i found a true that real kops are really different from me.i am not against blues
but there is a very fact on me ,i dislike man u more than anyone anyclubs in the wrold.i always think 2.10 is the greatest days,and i hope more.
so please ,blues defeat f**king man u,i don wanna found the f**king winner on the news
Last edited by nemolyk on Thu May 01, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
利物浦永远不会停止前进的脚步!
You`ll  Never Walk Alone!
nemolyk

Postby hello_red » Thu May 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Dalglish wrote:When the dust settlers on this epic encounter between two teams who for different reasons were desperate to reach a Champions League final I think we may well look back on it as a blessing in disguise. The prospect of playing Manchester United in the final filled me with dread to be honest and not because I was afraid they would beat us. As anyone who actually goes to Liverpool/Man U games will tell it's not for the faint hearted and you spend 90 mins watching the game then the rest watching your back ! A final in Moscow in front of the world's media with the spotlight on the behaviour of fans would be a risk we won't have to run now that Chelsea have finally manged to win a Semi Final against us !

Also, I can't believe that there are LFC fans out there who would want the Mancs to win !   
I know the Evertonians bang on about history and knowing it but a few on here could do with a history lesson when it comes to knowing who our real rivals are.................................

Chelsea are simply a recent problem but once Ambramovich goes to prison for his doddgy dealings in the Ukraine over all that oil he stole or gets bored with his play-thing of a club and withdraws his roubles , Chelsea will make Leeds look like a well run club.

United to win ............... What is football coming to !  As Leon so eloquenttly puts it .........I'd rather have my ollies cut off than see them win a raffle nevermind the CL ! 

Lets hope that after we gave it a massive effort over the two legs that this defeat doesn't turn into a character assassination of players/manager/referee etc........ It was quite simply a wonderful game of football just as the 2nd leg against Arsenal was. I'll tell you what , it was a damn site better than that drivel that the Mancs served up last night ! What happened to the free flowing football that the Mancs are supposeadly famous for ?  Ohhh I forgot , they weren't playing Derby or Wigan !   Ferguson always retreats into his defensive backline when paired up against quality opposition and last night he didn't disappoint !

At least we had the privalege of watching the best player in the world ..............No, I'm not talking about Ronaldo but Lionel Messi, a joy to watch for all the right reasons and this after 6 weeks out with an injury. His touch at times was Maradonaesque whilst Christiano did what he always does in the big games, throws himself to the floor and his arms up in the air. One point to praise about Man U.............. Paul Scholes, top professional and class in the true sense of the word. Pity some of the mans dignity and decorum hasn't rubbed off on Ronaldo and Rooney !

Somebody on the forum commented about not quite being up at the level of Chelsea and Man U and there is some truth in that but consider this ........ CFC brought on 3 substitutions tonight with a combined transfer value of £58 Million .............SUBS !!!!!!!! Thats twice what we paid for Torres !

The curtain falls on another European adventure and for once we aren't there for the final night but for all the financial superiority that the two finalists who will be there in Moscow have, we have been to 3 European finals (2001/2005/2007)since the last one that Man U attended in 1999 and Chelsea are in their very first so lets not let a bit of SKY's hysteria about this final being historic get in the way of the facts.

Walk on ..............

Agreed!

A Chelsea Vs Manc final is probably a blessing in disguise. Theres probaby gonna be chaos in Russia, Russian skin heads and the police combined with 'english hooligans'.

A situation we could do without thanks you.

But on a footballing point of view I am proud of my team for the fight they showed and the qulaity of football in the second half and extra time was excellent.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu May 01, 2008 11:26 pm

The mere thought of  us clashing with the mancs at our prospective airports filled me with dread it was an international incident just waiting to happen that would have left UEFA and that annoying Platini creaming their pants .I for one was not relishing the journey and felt  trepidation as soon as the scum booked their place in Moscow,imagine landing at the same airport, sharing close proximity to those obnoxious cretins and the Russian police armed to the teeth ,its the kind of confrontation even a battle hardened football general would shirk
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Quite right mate, I think all genuine fans shared this concern.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri May 02, 2008 10:22 am

Dalglish wrote:When the dust settlers on this epic encounter between two teams who for different reasons were desperate to reach a Champions League final I think we may well look back on it as a blessing in disguise. The prospect of playing Manchester United in the final filled me with dread to be honest and not because I was afraid they would beat us. As anyone who actually goes to Liverpool/Man U games will tell it's not for the faint hearted and you spend 90 mins watching the game then the rest watching your back !

One of the strangest matches i've ever watched. I wanted us to win, of course i did, same as always but at the same time there was this black clowd hanging above knowing that it was the mancs (the team and the fans) waiting (or scrabbling to get to) in Moscow for us. I would most likely have qualified for a ticket this year as well but wasn't sure whether I could face what lied ahead. It would have been an absolute disaster. Both clubs would have taken thousands of fans without allocated tickets and (as per usual) the so called 'football family' would have perped their tickets to the highest bidder and there would have been mixed sections of fans all over the ground. Throw in the local Russian (and maybe a few making the journey from Eastern Europe) yobs on the lookout for trouble, some very heavy handed Russian riot police and it had all the makings of a disaster. Not to mention the fact the losers of the game would have had to share planes home with the winners. It only would have taken a sinlge Hillsborough or Munich (your sick if you've ever sung along either) to light the touch-paper.

But then on the other hand. Beating them would have been the GREATEST NIGHT IN FOOTBALL HISTORY NEVER TO BE REPEATED. A high that couldn't be beaten or topped, unfortunately losing the game would have had the same impact but in the opposite direction. If we ever meet this lot in a European Final it HAS to happen in this country.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 02, 2008 8:33 pm

Top post lad , makes alot of sense
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 02, 2008 9:51 pm

We need to collect funds to buy Dalglish a PDA with internet access so that he can post while he takes care of the family.

We  need that kind of post as of late here. Top post.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun May 04, 2008 12:15 am

Sabre wrote:We need to collect funds to buy Dalglish a PDA with internet access so that he can post while he takes care of the family.

We  need that kind of post as of late here. Top post.

:D

I already have a PDA, the new O2 Stellar but you try typing and changing a nappy at the same time !

"Same S*** different day" is my current motto as my wife and I care for 6 month old Baby Daughter ""Evie" and a 3 year old son, Jacob !  :D

Jacob is undergoing his LFC training and can tell you the record attendence at a Liverpool game at Anfield 61,000 vs Wolverhampton Wanderers which is not bad for a 3 year old !

The demands of a growing family have meant I haven't been able to devote as much time and effort on here but alas I'm with you in spiriit and occasionally in body !

At least I had the prescence of mind to name my daughter after our talisman striker ............... I keep shouting at the games "Do it for Evie, Stevie !"   :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion