A new dawn

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby IrishRed » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:35 pm

Last night was the first time I ever entered this website and was disappionted at some of the discussons about how the team is progressing....Bentiez is a fine manger with diginity he never uses excuses or blames the team unlike Houllier.....

The guy has a huge task rebuilding the team,the Board went to sleep in the 90`s,they didn`t see the change in Football unlike Man United and now Chelsea....For god sake Madrid only bought Beckham to generate Funds off his name...Liverpool`s board need to be business focused and develop Liverpool into a brand name like Man U...

I hated the Houllier era he destroyed the passing football which Liverpool were world famous for,used to break my heart watching defenders by pass midfield and lump the ball to Heskey...

Bentiez has Liverpool playing pass and move football now,but it will take time...he needs more funds and more players...He has been unlucky with injures..Cisse who i think is the real deal...Alonso who is just pure class....Kewell who was starting to improve...Smicer who also scores some important goals...

I don`t know if Gerard will leave this summer if he does life will go on.and it must ****** off players at the club to hear they are nothing without him....I hope he stays but has be for the right reasons....Winning Titles would mean more to Gerard at Liverpool than Chelsea...

Chelsea have changed football probably for ever,but Bentiez has already defeated one giant in madrid,give him time and he will do the same in England..

I love the club and it hurts to see them lose,but Bentiez is looking to the future...The team needs support....
IrishRed

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:36 pm

great first post, welcome to the forum dude
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:26 pm

Well said.!!! 

I don't think it would be the end of the world if Gerrard left as long as the money from the sale was used sensibly.  Look at Everton after Rooney (in many ways their Steven Gerrard) left.. they got better!!!

Rafa is the man to take us forward given time and a bit of money!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby akumaface » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:53 pm

Yup, I agree with you. Rafa is the man. I still remember he said time is needed when he was first appointed. As the season progressed, I think he started to understand what LFC really means to the fans. So, you see he is trying to accelerate the rebuilding process and believed the present team (if everything click) can attain something this season as we only have on paper 3 teams to beat. But unfortunately, we were unlucky with all the injuries. Anyway, welcome to the forum. :;):
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Do you know we can almost field a full-strength team with our injured players.

Kirkland
         Finnan   Hyppia  ????    Josemi
         Partridge Alonso Smicer  Kewell
                Cisse   Pongolle

Can't believe how unlucky we are this season.
Last edited by The_Rock on Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:08 pm

That's almost better than our current team. I never know we can field two competitive team. Great job The_Rock.  :laugh:
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:10 pm

akumaface wrote:That's almost better than our current team. I never know we can field two competitive team. Great job The_Rock.  :laugh:

chelsea ........... watch out next season  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:28 pm

Raffa should be applauded for his work so far this season and cant believe some on this forum are after his head already :angry: i honestly dont think any of the top three would have coped any better with the injuries we have picked up so far and i honestly believe we would be in that top three had we been able to keep the first 11 injury free,i dont think are first 11 are far away from a title winning side its just that with so many injuries its cut us down to the bare bones which would dent anyones title hopes,with a couple more quality signings in key areas this team would be as good as any in the prem at the moment.
SALTROCK67

Postby 116-1105728556 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:30 pm

Ola Mr Benitez

The team would miss SG presently cos they seem to rely on him too much, in other words they forsake their play to give it to SG.

Its hard not to when SG as scored as much as Baros (or nearly) so the forwards need to start firing again and Morienties looks to be sharpening his blade.

IrsihRed

nice post and welcome to the business end of the forum.
116-1105728556

Postby Redrider » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:45 pm

IrishRed wrote:Last night was the first time I ever entered this website and was disappionted at some of the discussons about how the team is progressing....Bentiez is a fine manger with diginity he never uses excuses or blames the team unlike Houllier.....

The guy has a huge task rebuilding the team,the Board went to sleep in the 90`s,they didn`t see the change in Football unlike Man United and now Chelsea

Some good thoughts, agree with all of that.
I would add that the Board are still asleep, locked in a Rip Van Winckle time warp of tradition and family values. Good principals, but not good enough on their own. As you rightly alude to, we need a sharper more dynamic edge than is currently provided by Rick Parry. Rick is a fine and pleasant enough bloke, but he is not Cheif Executive material in todays game.
Time to draw stumps Rick and find a new club, me thinks !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:52 am

The_Rock wrote:Do you know we can almost field a full-strength team with our injured players.

Kirkland
         Finnan   Hyppia  ????    Josemi
         Partridge Alonso Smicer  Kewell
                Cisse   Pongolle

Can't believe how unlucky we are this season.

Finnan is fit. Hyypia will play next game. Kewell returns February 1st, Smicer is also expected to return the 1st of February.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:37 am

What we need is money and get rid some of the players that not performing.

I hope David Mores will change his heart and open that "door" for people who want to invest in Liverpool . When there's money coming in, I belived RB will buy some world class players like Aimar or Solari. This is to add some of the world class players that we have like SG, Baros , Nando and Alonso. That's where Liverpool will grow.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:15 am

Well said dude. That's gone right up my flagpole, and I'm saluting that one.
:)
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthernScouser » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:07 am

Welcome to the Forum
And good post !
You'll get used to ignoring the "Get Rid Of The Manager After 1 Defeat" posters.

Agree what you said about the board.
From what I've read on here - there are loads of people who seem to know a lot more about the behind the scenes stuff than myself.
But it always strikes me that we are being held back by trying to maintain the traditions we were once so greatly admired for.
Much as I hate to admit it - Football is big business these days and money talks, Chelski have merely accelerated this process in the Premier League.  Sooner or later we will have to decide if we are going accept investment as and when it's offered in order to stay with Top teams or merely be content to survive in the P L without seriously challenging for any honours.
The corner stone of football is no longer about true supporters and the working class (much as it pains me to say it). ???
SouthernScouser

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:16 am

SouthernScouser wrote:Welcome to the Forum
And good post !
You'll get used to ignoring the "Get Rid Of The Manager After 1 Defeat" posters.

Agree what you said about the board.
From what I've read on here - there are loads of people who seem to know a lot more about the behind the scenes stuff than myself.
But it always strikes me that we are being held back by trying to maintain the traditions we were once so greatly admired for.
Much as I hate to admit it - Football is big business these days and money talks, Chelski have merely accelerated this process in the Premier League.  Sooner or later we will have to decide if we are going accept investment as and when it's offered in order to stay with Top teams or merely be content to survive in the P L without seriously challenging for any honours.
The corner stone of football is no longer about true supporters and the working class (much as it pains me to say it). ???

Example of what will happen the next time we lose a game.

About six (at least three) threads start with people saying:
"Rafa's useless blah blah blah... Stevie G should f*ck off blah blah blah... We suck blah blah blah... you all suck blah blah blah..."

But the next time we win, these same people will be saying how great we are. You get used to it.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion