The man city fire sale - Roll up, roll up.............

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:42 pm

It was an idea of looking at lower down not suggesting i would take them over the other players but i dont want to see us waste 14 million on crouch or 10 plus million on ireland when he isnt needed or 10 plus million on Bellamy who doesnt score enough and has injury problems .We dont currently have the finances to waste on players to be back up and its just a suggestion that maybe there is some gems down below .
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 pm

But we wouldn't be wasting our money because backup is very important. It's the potential difference between having David Ngog as your main striker for a few months while Torres is injured or unfit, and having Peter Crouch, or Roque Santa Cruz play there. If you have anything approaching £10m to spend on a striker, you don't sign Ricky Lambert as a serious backup option, else you really do risk finishing 5th-8th. Crouch, Bellamy (less so for me) and Santa Cruz all are worthy candidates to play alongside or in place of Torres. And if they're not then I'd like to know who is, because it sure as sh!t ain't Ricky Lambert.
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:09 pm

I would take Santa Cruz over both Crouch and Bellamy as he can score goals on a regular basis but he also has injury probs - there is a reason clubs are maybe looking to offload these players but if I had to pick one then it would be Santa Cruz BUT I think the main problem is until a sale of Masher appears I believe we don't have 10 million to spend . Also don't dismiss lower league talent so quickly - Lambert was prob the wrong name as I thought he was a lot younger ie early 20s but Maynard is early 20s and is pacey and has an eye for goal and is another great product from the Crewe academy , even in the prem looking at someone like Doyle who wouldn't be that expensive - but I bet there is a few gems to be found .
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:40 pm

That's right, there are players out there who wouldn't cost £14m but who could still come in and do a much better job than David Ngog. Crouch, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Doyle, and Nicky - I'll take your word for it - Maynard are a selection of realistic candidates. I dare say even James Beattie would have entered our thoughts as a contender if he were five years younger.
LFC2007

Postby rocky29 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I would maybe take a look at some of the players in the championship or even lower - someone like Ricky Lambert has scored goals for fun for couple seasons now or maybe Nicky Maynard - maybe it's time to see if their is any gems hiding there .

ye good idea i think accrington stanley have a good young striker. he works part-time at mcdonalds but still worth a shout.   :laugh:
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:56 pm

And who do you suggest we can get with our massive transfer funds of next to feck all - who shall we buy then rocky ?
Benny The Noon

Postby rocky29 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:24 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:And who do you suggest we can get with our massive transfer funds of next to feck all - who shall we buy then rocky ?

we will have funds about 25 million by next week. as soon as man city buy balotelli rafa will be in for mash.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:28 pm

rocky29 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:And who do you suggest we can get with our massive transfer funds of next to feck all - who shall we buy then rocky ?

we will have funds about 25 million by next week. as soon as man city buy balotelli rafa will be in for mash.

And how much of those funds will we get for a striker remembering we will need to replace masher as well as getting a left back - so who are the names you want for a striker
Benny The Noon

Postby Calum » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:48 am

For goodness sake, Roy, BUY CRAIG BELLAMY!! He's screaming to be bought. He's even thinking about playing in the Championship if nobody in the Premiership buys him.

Other striker targets? It depends who is available, but I would take a chance with Santa Cruz. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if Mark Hughes buys both of these players for a third time.
Last edited by Calum on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calum

Postby akumaface » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:08 am

I read somewhere that Roy is trying to get Carlton Cole since Crouch chances of coming back is slim. And Poulsen already confirmed to come.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:53 am

We're very fortunate to get so much first hand inside information on here. But as I heard the old classic the other day, even a broken clock is right twice a day
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion