The man city fire sale - Roll up, roll up.............

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:42 am

There are widespread reports this morning that Man City need to shed a stack of players to get their squad number down to the 25 required for the Premier League. I must confess I didn't even know that rule had come in myself, but there it is anyway.

So, there's stories that Joleon Lescott, Wayne Bridge, Sean Wright-Phillips, Craing Bellamy, Michael whatsisname midfield player, Nigel De Yong, Roque Santa Cruz and STEVEN IRELAND are going to be offloaded.

Now I know I sound like a broken record here (and they cannot be about to offload all of those surely), but I really think that Ireland is on the cusp of being a really really top player. Go get him Roy, if it looks like our star striker is on the move get Ireland first, before you even buy a replacement. Also, there is renewed talk this morning of Mourinho coming back in for Gerrard, he's asking Madrid to stump up the 30 million quid fee. Get Ireland now Roy, trust me on this one  :;): .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:37 am

bigmick wrote:There are widespread reports this morning that Man City need to shed a stack of players to get their squad number down to the 25 required for the Premier League. I must confess I didn't even know that rule had come in myself, but there it is anyway.

So, there's stories that Joleon Lescott, Wayne Bridge, Sean Wright-Phillips, Craing Bellamy, Michael whatsisname midfield player, Nigel De Yong, Roque Santa Cruz and STEVEN IRELAND are going to be offloaded.

Now I know I sound like a broken record here (and they cannot be about to offload all of those surely), but I really think that Ireland is on the cusp of being a really really top player. Go get him Roy, if it looks like our star striker is on the move get Ireland first, before you even buy a replacement. Also, there is renewed talk this morning of Mourinho coming back in for Gerrard, he's asking Madrid to stump up the 30 million quid fee. Get Ireland now Roy, trust me on this one  :;): .

With all due respect Mick, I don't see what you see in him...

If you want to replace Gerrard, then Schweinsteiger is the ideal replacement...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:42 am

they have got 37 players in the squad.. joke of a club, how can they get good teamwork with THAT many, there will be a lot of sales
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:44 am

maguskwt wrote:
bigmick wrote:There are widespread reports this morning that Man City need to shed a stack of players to get their squad number down to the 25 required for the Premier League. I must confess I didn't even know that rule had come in myself, but there it is anyway.

There is only a tiny flaw in your plan, we wont get Schweinsteiger.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:47 am

Hasn't Gerrard already commited himself though?
roberto green

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:49 am

mart wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

why not? We are Liverpool FC aren't we? besides Mick was saying if we have to sell Gerrard for 30 million.  :)
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:49 am

roberto green wrote:Hasn't Gerrard already commited himself though?

He said so, but nothing is certain until the transfer window closes.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:59 am

1. Shay Given
2.Micah Richards
3.Wayne Bridge
4. Nedum Onuoha
5. Michael Johnson
6. Stephen Ireland
7. Shaun Wright-Phillips
8. Adam Johnson

Joe Hart
Gareth Barry
Joleon Lescott
Kelvin Etuhu
Shaleum Logan
Craig Bellamy
Stuart Taylor

9. Pablo Zabaleta
10. Roque Santa Cruz
11. Javier Garrido
12. Jérôme Boateng
13. Felipe Caicedo
14. David Silva
15. Patrick Vieira
16. Emmanuel Adebayor
17. David González
18. Jo
19. Kolo Touré
20. Carlos Tévez
21. Vincent Kompany
22. Nigel de Jong
23. Yaya Touré
24. Aleksandar Kolarov
25. Robinho

U21 (unlimited):
Javan Vidal
Vladimír Weiss
Dedryck Boyata
Greg Cunningham
Abdisalam Ibrahim
Alex Nimely

They currently have 7 players over 21 that they would not be able to fit on their 25 man premier league roster.  Although they may want to get rid of some foreign players in order to make room for more talented domestic players, they don't HAVE to sell any foreign trained players, because they are currently right at the max of 17.

To pick out the worst 7, I don't see a whole lot of treasure in their trash:
Shaleum Logan  (doesn't sound like he has much of a future but I loved this bit from his wiki page:  After his trial with Doncaster Rovers he joined Sheffield United on trial, where he played in two friendlies, the first against Burton Albion and the second against Rotherham United, where he needlessly kicked the ball out for a throw in on numerous occasions.
Jo
Patrick Vieira
Stuart Taylor
Felipe Caicedo
Garrido
Joe Hart (on loan)

maybe with Kolarov coming in, Bridge or Garrido would be available, but Bridge is on silly wages.  Although Garrido isn't anything spectacular, he would probably be our first choice LB at the moment
JoeTerp

Postby Redx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:38 pm

I thought Gerrard had signed..
Redx

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:43 pm

It's not a new contract with Gerrard mate, it was just a verbal pledge (which if you read it carefully was a tad vague in truth) that he wanted kind of, in a funny sort of way, all being well, to play for us. There is a story in the Mail this morning that far from giving up on getting him, Mourinho is redoubling his efforts. Probably nothing in it, but I'm just sayign that I read it and using it as an excuse to bring up us signing Steven Ireland again.

We should, he's going to be a top player.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:48 pm

Don't Man City need 8 english players? Or players who have played in the PL for 3 years? They're putting a lot of english up for sale but Steven Ireland and Nigel De Jong would be perfect buys.
Tim LFC

Postby LFC ANIME » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Stephen Ireland would be a must... Nigel De Jong is a better mobile player than Lucas, so those 2 could be tempting from the list.
LFC ANIME

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:50 pm

maguskwt wrote:
mart wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

why not? We are Liverpool FC aren't we? besides Mick was saying if we have to sell Gerrard for 30 million.  :)

he's not going to join a club that came 7th, not in champions league and is short of cash.

Ireland is a contender though , can be trouble as he is a bit mad but a quality player.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Tim LFC wrote:Don't Man City need 8 english players? Or players who have played in the PL for 3 years? They're putting a lot of english up for sale but Steven Ireland and Nigel De Jong would be perfect buys.

as you can see by my previous post they have 7 more senior English trained players than they 'need'

As it is, we only have:
Gerrard
Carra
Johnson
Cole
Darby
Spearing
JoeTerp

Postby Redx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:58 pm

bigmick wrote:It's not a new contract with Gerrard mate, it was just a verbal pledge (which if you read it carefully was a tad vague in truth) that he wanted kind of, in a funny sort of way, all being well, to play for us. There is a story in the Mail this morning that far from giving up on getting him, Mourinho is redoubling his efforts. Probably nothing in it, but I'm just sayign that I read it and using it as an excuse to bring up us signing Steven Ireland again.

We should, he's going to be a top player.

I saw it on me pooter but it came from a news desk report, but they are a bit iffy to believe..
And I agree Steve Island could be a good buy..
Redx

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion