The man city fire sale - Roll up, roll up.............

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:03 pm

As for the rest of your post Ace, I couldn't comment on most of the players you've mentioned because I don't really watch foreign football. Certainly as far as Aquilani is concerned, based on what we've seen from him so far anyway, for me Ireland is a far better player, not even close.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:11 pm

If we get the money from masch, then id love to see ireland but i believe oneill has pulled off the second best deal of the summer!

I wouldnt mind seeing if we could get roque on loan for the season. Maybe only till january. We'll be cash rich then.
boodiddy1

Postby neil » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm just glad you guys are on here with me rather than making any transfer decisions at the club
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Neil, the topic is a man city firesale. Not what we want from every other club. If it was me id take messi, rooney, ronaldo and david luiz. But thats for champ manager.:D
boodiddy1

Postby rocky29 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:09 am

bigmick wrote:
aCe' wrote:
bigmick wrote:If Villa get Ireland plus a lot of money for Milner it's the deal of the Summer. Ireland is the better player of the two IMHO, and this will make them serious contenders.

Ireland would make Aston Villa serious contenders for the title ?

No mate I had to cut the post short as I had the kids kicking lumps out of each other. Not serious contenders for the title, but definately serious contenders for the top four. I had previously written them off as being barely in the big seven which we are involved in, but Ireland will definately improve them IMHO.

I am absolutely astonished that nobody (including us) has really gone for him. I know he's a nut nut, but even so.

can u stop repeating yourself over and over again. every single post you turn it into the i  love stephen ireland thread.     :buttrock
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:47 am

rocky29 wrote:
bigmick wrote:
aCe' wrote:
bigmick wrote:If Villa get Ireland plus a lot of money for Milner it's the deal of the Summer. Ireland is the better player of the two IMHO, and this will make them serious contenders.

No mate I had to cut the post short as I had the kids kicking lumps out of each other. Not serious contenders for the title, but definately serious contenders for the top four. I had previously written them off as being barely in the big seven which we are involved in, but Ireland will definately improve them IMHO.

I am absolutely astonished that nobody (including us) has really gone for him. I know he's a nut nut, but even so.

can u stop repeating yourself over and over again. every single post you turn it into the i  love stephen ireland thread.     :buttrock

:wwww  Had to be you making that post...  :laugh:

We need 2 new striker by the way  :idea
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:54 am

bigmick wrote:
aCe' wrote:

Wouldnt even consider them a top 4 contender to be honest mate (with or without him) ... They do well against the smaller sides and sometimes get results against the top sides but their problem is that they lack top quality upfront and until they address that issue they'll always remains 6-9 place material imo..

On the Ireland issue, I think he's the sort of player you'd want to change your formation to fit in somehow.. With us seemingly playing 3 in the middle you'd struggle to see how he wouldnt get a decent amaount of games with us if we choose to sign him... Doesn't seem likely atm, but I'm sure he'll be one of those players we'd look back at and wish we signed at some point in the future.. Still young, is cheap, and would probably solve any central midfield problems we could potentially have in the near future with Gerrard advancing in age...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:19 am

neil wrote:I'm just glad you guys are on here with me rather than making any transfer decisions at the club

:laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:30 am

I think Stephen Ireland should grow his hair back... now he looks too much like Elmer Fudd...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Steven Ireland was awful for City last season. Really awful. Probably to do with being on the bench all the time but with a bit of confidence he is a great player.
Fauxy

Postby NansPanofScouse » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Shaun Wright Phillips has been linked with us Football Latest This man seems to be pushed from pillar to post, and in all honesty i doubt we need him. Its no good having fast wingers if we have a gaping hole at the front when Torres isnt around.
NansPanofScouse

Postby lakes10 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:36 pm

well going the the press Shaun Wright Phillips  and Peter Crouch are both to meet with the club on monday?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:37 pm

Offer a few quid for one of their strikers, surely they're getting rid of one? ???

honestly their squad is becoming a bit of a joke. cant wait for the wage statistics to come out :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:01 pm

Watched them in the friendly the other night. They made 10 changes to the initial starting 11 byt the time the game was over, only Bellamy didn't get a run-out. I reckon he's had another bust-up with Mancini. He could be one definitely on the way out. If they sign Balotelli for silly money, I could see Adebayor falling down the pecking order (disruptive influence and all that - besides, I think he was Hughes' signing, no ?)
So a lot of disgruntled bunnies there pretty soon...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Calum » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:52 am

Of course Stephen Ireland would play a decent amount of games if he was signed by us. It only takes a couple of injuries and the lack of depth in our squad will be there for all to see again. Man Ure could play 2 entirely different midfield line-ups, which I was reminded of by looking at their subs bench yesterday. And Ireland wasn't that awful last season because he barely got a game.
Last edited by Calum on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion