The man city fire sale - Roll up, roll up.............

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Bring Back Bellamy! :angry:

Reina

Johnson  Carra  Agger  Bridge/Aurelio

Cole   Gerrard  Aquilani/Ireland

Babel/Kuyt  Bellamy/Pacheco

Torres
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Waldo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:23 pm

We should focus the remainder of the window on trying to get Ireland, Bridge and Bellamy. Use the money from the sale of Mascherano and bring in these 3 players and we would be well set for the start of the season.

Just watched Shay Given interview on SSN and he has suggested that there are a few players at City who may be looking for moves pretty soon, when it becomes apparent they are not automatic picks.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Calum » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:03 pm

It depends on who doesn't make the final 25 squad for the new season. Is it Wednesday when they have to be announced? Bellamy and Ireland look very doubtful to make that squad and a club or clubs will definitely buy them before the transfer window ends if that happens. It would be great if we could buy atleast one of them.
Calum

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:48 pm

I dont think Stephen Ireland's going anywhere now Mick.......  he's gonna be on the bones of his árse soon...........  :laugh:
Last edited by Reg on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Bellamy - another player with injury problems lately and doesn't score enough goals

Ireland had that one really good season but where would he play for us ?
Benny The Noon

Postby centarec » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:38 pm

I would go for Wayne Bridge and Santa Clause , but only if we get them both for less than 12 mil .. Which would be a good deal according to me .. And if the new owners give in loads of cash for new signings i would love Tevez to come. I think he even stated a couple of weeks ago that he doesnt want to play for City anymore.. I have a feeling that he would be great for Liverpool and will not want to leave
centarec

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Bellamy - another player with injury problems lately and doesn't score enough goals

If you were the manager, working under the same conditions as Roy, who would you look to sign? If not Crouch, and if not Bellamy, if not Ireland, and christ if Joe Cole on a free is almost too much of a risk, then who do you go for?
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Yeah but I wouldnt pay 14 for Crouchie, he's worth 7 tops.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:05 am

Still Ireland DeJong and Richards 4 me although i would be gutted if we end up getting Phillips
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:08 am

wouldnt be gutted :D
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:12 am

centarec wrote:I would go for Wayne Bridge and Santa Clause , but only if we get them both for less than 12 mil .. Which would be a good deal according to me ..

I'd go along with this. I don't think either will be the best players to leave Man City, but I think they are the ones we have greatest need for. As it looks like Masch is staying, we won't have the money for the players we'd really like, so these two would be OK for us.

I wouldn't get excited by either of them. However at the right price an English LB with PL experience wouldn't be bad. And while Santa Cruz hasn't set the world alight aside from one year with Blackburn, he'd be OK as a back up to Torres, just as long they could synchronise their injuries so we've got at least one of them available at all times! Seriously, I watched him a bit during THAT year with Blackburn, and he looked like a quality finisher. It is a bit of a mystery to me that his goals/games ratio is so much poorer all the other years of his career.
Last edited by Raoul on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Calum » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:39 am

Blimey, I think if Tevez were to arrive, Mascherano wouldn't want to leave. And how much would that move :censored: off Fergie? Now, we wouldn't want that, would we?...
Calum

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:44 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Bellamy - another player with injury problems lately and doesn't score enough goals

If you were the manager, working under the same conditions as Roy, who would you look to sign? If not Crouch, and if not Bellamy, if not Ireland, and christ if Joe Cole on a free is almost too much of a risk, then who do you go for?

Well it depends on what those conditions exactly are but I wouldn't spend 14 mil on crouch nor money on a player who plays in a position we do not need and that's Ireland . Bellamy in the last 4 seasons has missed a fair amount of games , think he has played just over 60 games in prem which is well under half and once again doesn't score enough and is now 31 and another coming to end of career . I would rather lo
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:46 am

I would maybe take a look at some of the players in the championship or even lower - someone like Ricky Lambert has scored goals for fun for couple seasons now or maybe Nicky Maynard - maybe it's time to see if their is any gems hiding there .
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I would maybe take a look at some of the players in the championship or even lower - someone like Ricky Lambert has scored goals for fun for couple seasons now or maybe Nicky Maynard - maybe it's time to see if their is any gems hiding there .

Instead of Crouch, Bellamy, or Ireland?

First game of the season you'd feel more confident with Ricky Lambert or Nicky Maynard up front, instead of Peter Crouch for instance?

I'm all for us scouting the lower divisions but invariably if they've been down there for a while, it's because that's more or less their level. That's why you need to get in there while they're relatively young, as with Jagielka, Walcott, Delph, Bale and others.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion