Patrik berger retires - Best player in lw in the naughties?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:33 am

We've had so many good players like Berger, just seems if they'd all been in their prime at the same time we'd be in the mancs' shoes of being the top dogs of the Premiership - Hyypia, Henchoz, Reina, Berger, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Alonso, Gerrard, Carragher etc.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:10 pm

excellent player who would have been absolutely ideal in the 4-2-3-1 system we play now. peach of a left foot, from the two goals on debut at leicester, the hatrick against chelsea and that screamer at old trafford, he could certainly strike a ball.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:16 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:....... but your timing to put the proverbial boot in was tactless and ill thought.
Best of Luck for the future , I'm sure there's a spot on ITV for another pundit quick to provide the proverbial boot

Just like the rest of our former greats eh?

The whole ungrateful bunch must really hate us. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! Have they no regard or gratitude for the club that made their fame and fortune?

Or don't they? Maybe the really care about the club and can't bear to see it crumble into dust on the pitch. After all, all of them played for LFC not RBFC. Hence, it's easy to see where their priorities and loyalties lie.

Its not strictly about supporting the manager ,and I certainly don't adhere to the RBFC policy ,but I will always frown on the timing of a player  to join this trend of sticking the obligatory knife into the club at a time when the Media in general are steadfastly penning our obituary

I also stated I liked Berger as a player and he provided some much cherished moments   ,but sadly he was found wanting in the pundit department    :(
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:09 pm

this is a Patrik Berger thread. not a "Rafa is Untouchable" thread. so pardon the irony, but lets not turn a positive thread into a negative thread RBG :;):

and Berger was probably the best left sided player we had in 20 years i feel. :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 pm

20 years ? ! Did you know a certain john barnes ? !
Benny The Noon

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:20 years ? ! Did you know a certain john barnes ? !

thats how I FEEL, MY OPINION. you idiot.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:35 pm

once again people still resorting to insults , are you incapable of responding without an insult ? John barnes was a world class left winger for us and i can guarentee 99.9% would take a john barnes at his height over a paddy berger at his height for liverpool . But lets see if you can give your reasons why berger without throwing an insult .
Benny The Noon

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:

No lets not descend into the realms of negativity  ???
whilst endeavouring to promote harmony and not resorting to name calling   :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby shawnk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:51 pm

I think Steve McManaman is quite a winger too
shawnk

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:53 pm

unfortunately rbg some peoples intelligence levels mean they are unable to respond on a forum without name calling or insults , its quite normal and its mainly from those people who like to follow a crowd and think it makes them look all manly and hard and like they are some sort of internet hard man . Oh well one day they may grow up .

Shame for paddy that he had to retire . Did good things for us .
Benny The Noon

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:57 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

No lets not descend into the realms of negativity  ???
whilst endeavouring to promote harmony and not resorting to name calling   :D

the hypocrisy yeah?  :D  but im sure it'll end as that fecker has gone back onto ignore mode. he is worse then swine flu really....anyway, we disagree on Rafa but we agree Berger rocks, so peace :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:unfortunately rbg some peoples intelligence levels mean they are unable to respond on a forum without name calling or insults , its quite normal and its mainly from those people who like to follow a crowd and think it makes them look all manly and hard and like they are some sort of internet hard man . Oh well one day they may grow up .

Shame for paddy that he had to retire . Did good things for us .

Quite right Benny ....... you :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:09 pm

:laugh:

touche saint

but think the post above yours shows the level of intelligence and immaturity of some on here and a reason why many dont post and why i really cant be bothered to post these days . Some should stick to the kindergarden forums . Now as he has openly insulted me twice does that mean i can insult back or will i once again be labelled the trouble maker ? Moral of the story . There are no marks all over the world - dont fight then or go down to their level - just laugh at them at the understanding they prob have no real friends and will prob stay on their own for the rest of their lives with a top shelf mag and a lifetime supply of toilet tissue .

Hope you had a good xmas and new year saint .
Benny The Noon

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:14 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:....... but your timing to put the proverbial boot in was tactless and ill thought.
Best of Luck for the future , I'm sure there's a spot on ITV for another pundit quick to provide the proverbial boot

Just like the rest of our former greats eh?

The whole ungrateful bunch must really hate us. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! Have they no regard or gratitude for the club that made their fame and fortune?

Or don't they? Maybe the really care about the club and can't bear to see it crumble into dust on the pitch. After all, all of them played for LFC not RBFC. Hence, it's easy to see where their priorities and loyalties lie.

Its not strictly about supporting the manager ,and I certainly don't adhere to the RBFC policy ,but I will always frown on the timing of a player  to join this trend of sticking the obligatory knife into the club at a time when the Media in general are steadfastly penning our obituary

I also stated I liked Berger as a player and he provided some much cherished moments   ,but sadly he was found wanting in the pundit department    :(

I tend to differ in opinion.

I would rather a pundit express his true thoughts and feeling rather than play the politically correct card. Doesn't mean that I'd agree with said pundits opinion but it offers a different point of view to at least consider.

And I don't believe that there is a concerted effort to participate in any sort of anti-liverpool campaign. I do agree that in all likelihood, they're not THAT fond of us, but a conspiracy? I think not. As such, I do not subscribe to the seige mentality that we, as fans, sometimes adopt.

Bad news is always better for the media.... that's what sells papers and increases ratings. Have you not noticed that? Most people, for god only knows what reason, will find morbid news, like a murder, more interesting than one where a little boy rescues a cat out of a tree. The media caters to the masses and will publish what sells.... it's their source of profit as a business entity.

Doesn't mean that I (or anyone for that matter) have to agree with Patrick's opinion.... he's entitled to it.... it's the motive that decides it for me as to wether a person is "good" or "bad".

Patrick, IMO, was a great servant of the club whose contributions was unfortunately curbed by injuries. In all his time with us, his public persona has never caused me to have any doubts about his character. It could very well be that he may be a grade "A" tw@t in real life.... who knows unless they know him personally.... but imo, theres very little evidence to suggest otherwise.

A player of his calibre and ability is exactly what we need at this moment in time.
ConnO'var

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Spot on Conn', couldn't have put it better.

I had a great Christmas and New year Benny thanks mate, hope you and every other member of newkit did too.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge