Traore's leaving for bromwich?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby azriahmad » Sat May 29, 2004 3:14 pm

Quote (haps@May 29 2004,13:53)
Traore - shocking player.  Glad he's going.  What do other managers (like Souness and Megson) see in his play that makes them interested I wonder?  Anytime I watched him he ****** up at least once, and wrecked confidence in the team.

If that "new Thuram" is shocking, then Biscan is a total disaster. He can't play in the position Houllier bought him for, midfield (mind you, very expensive at some 5.5 million pounds) because he can neither pass nor tackle not shoot. I think Hamann limping around on 1 foot would still tackle and run better than this ******. That's why Houllier likes to play him at the centre of defence.

The problem is he can't tackle, can't mark and would manage to lose his man in a telephone booth and his lack of pace means Liverpool can't play the offside trap when he's on the pitch. I am being mean but he'd be a perfect upright or corner flag!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat May 29, 2004 4:49 pm

seems like west brom are prepared to pay £1m for he's doubled his value under us. good bit of business in my eyes! :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Sun May 30, 2004 1:17 am

Stmike, the £1m for Traore is described as "£1m deal" which may include signing on fees etc. I read about Heskey's "£6m deal" to Birmingham but if I am not mistaken, only  £3.5m is coming to Liverpool.

Anyway, after the disasterous transfer policy of the recently departed manager, we all can dream and I am sorry if I just spoilt yours... Just wanted to remind you that it can't be THAT good seeing how bad this "new Thuram" is...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:09 pm

good ridance, hopefully a few more will be on their way soon, i cant beleive we rejected a £3 million offer from blackburn a few years ago
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:58 pm

Traore was competent enough when played in the centre of defence,but away from that position he was a lamb to the slaughter ,another victim of Houllier's tactical ineptitude !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge