Michael owen is leaving liverpool! - Thank you very much houllier!

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:55 pm

I am not happy with GH, he said that "I am very confident that Michael Owen will sign a new contract this season", he said that last November.

Now, GH is a laughing stock!!!!!!!!!!

Owen set to quit Liverpool for Real Madrid this summer, Owen who will only have one season left on his contract in the summer.

Owen has decided against signing a new deal with the Reds.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:06 pm

source? Owen would be right to bide his time in making the decision, why commit to a contract if things don't work out? He has been a star for us since his debut in 1996 and if he feels he has to go elsewhere to fulfil his ambitions then I'll be sad to see him go but good luck to him.

If Houllier is that concerned about him leaving then he should have fvcked off ages ago and Owen might have signed straight away. Maybe Owen can see what we all see - a team with little title prospects scrapping for a champions league place
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:41 pm

I believe Mikey will be playing for Real Madrid next season. He may stay if we can finish 4th and a new boss can convince him things are going to change. If he goes the fans will blame le boss and that will be the end of him i think.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sangy » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:40 pm

Its all down to how we pan out if we get back to good form and play like we know we can then maybe he will able to see there's sumthin still there!!! who knows how the rest of the season will pan out tho...
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:15 pm

If Michael Owen goes then Gerrard won't be far behind most likely, and then we'll be stuglling to scrape the final UEFA Cup place *sobs*
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:50 pm

owen can be replaced. gerrard MUST be kept at all costs.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:09 pm

I think Owen is more irreplacable than Gerrard. Both are great players, but I think Owen's goals are missed no matter how well Gerrard plays
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:30 pm

This is not the time to sell the family jewels.
Owen and Gerrard must stay - end of story.
Worse nightmare for Liverpool - Owen and Gerrard go and GH stays!!!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge