I still trust owen - Not in it just for the money

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 26, 2004 9:17 am

bbc sports had these quotes on the latest in the Owen saga:

Michael Owen is keen to find out the identity of Liverpool's new boss before he agrees to a new Anfield contract.
The striker says he was left with a "sick feeling in his stomach" at the news of Gerard Houllier's departure after six years in charge of the club.

"The chairman is saying it may take a while to appoint a new manager so I will just sit tight," said Owen.

"I can't put a percentage chance on me staying, but I'm not trying to strangle every last penny out of everyone."

Owen went on: "I am as loyal a person as anyone could wish to meet.

"Hopefully we can improve because we do need to, to make that step and be one of the best," added the England forward.
"I am intrigued to see who the manager is, but also the whole package.

"I would love to see improvement in the squad and I would love to see a good manager come in.

"Obviously the new stadium is being built, which is right for the club. It sounds like you are holding everyone to ransom but I am not. I just want to be playing in a top team."

Houllier officially parted company with Liverpool on Monday.

Celtic's Martin O'Neill, Valencia's Rafael Benitez, Porto's Jose Mourinho and Charlton's Alan Curbishley are believed to be the frontrunners for the vacancy.

He has also stated many times that he would neevr leave on a bosman. what does everyone think about this?
Personally i cant blame him, he should be soring a lot more than he is and if he thinks it is the team that is stopping him from doing this then so be it i guess
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge