Harry kewell - I know its early.....wait no its not!

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby barkas » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:44 am

not a bad thing to represent his country as he needs the match practice
barkas

Postby poolboyuk » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:27 am

For me he is on the players we have missed most due to injury. We look a much more balanced and better side with him on the left. No one has come close to filling that left side in his absence and how much would a replacement of his quality cost?? Given he's still here I say get him fit & in the team, shove Babel upfront and watch us go!!
poolboyuk

Postby oakton » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:15 pm

Just finished watching Kewell played and he was pretty good.  Played the full 90 mins, was very good in the 1st half, a bit quiet in the 2nd half.  He made some good passes.
oakton

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:45 pm

oakton wrote:Just finished watching Kewell played and he was pretty good.  Played the full 90 mins, was very good in the 1st half, a bit quiet in the 2nd half.  He made some good passes.

Stayed fit, I hope?  No Owen-style departures? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
oakton wrote:Just finished watching Kewell played and he was pretty good.  Played the full 90 mins, was very good in the 1st half, a bit quiet in the 2nd half.  He made some good passes.

Stayed fit, I hope?  No Owen-style departures? ???

nope....so far so good.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gallen » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:28 am

sorry this is my first post i have been reading the forum for a long time anyone who doubts kewell's commitment is a :censored: wit
He may be injury prone but if we are to be any chance of winning the title we cant do it without him
gallen

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:34 am

gallen wrote:sorry this is my first post i have been reading the forum for a long time anyone who doubts kewell's commitment is a :censored: wit
He may be injury prone but if we are to be any chance of winning the title we cant do it without him

That is why they say opinions are like @ssholes..
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Harry played for an hour yesterday and looked good. Lets hope this carry's on because he's looking good.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:03 pm

looked really sharp last night and great to see him back. lets just hope he can stay injury free because a fit harry kewell is an asset to any side.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:39 pm

People who question Kewell's footballing ability don't know what they're talking about, simple as that.  He's quality when fit, even 70% fit.  If he can keep fit this season I think he can be a major player for us, but that's a big if.

The next question is, if he does stay fit for the rest of the season and plays well, do you keep him next season?  He's out of contract this summer.

IMO, we should offer him a pay-as-you-play contract this summer.  Clearly he doesn't need the money after earning approximately 3 million a year for 5 years at Liverpool.  If he truly does love the club and truly does want to repay the fans as he often says, then he'll sign it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:45 pm

john craig wrote:IMO, we should offer him a pay-as-you-play contract this summer. 

i agree with the pay as you play concept but to be honest we need to make up our minds in he next month or so. come january he can speak to other clubs so it wouldn't surprise me if a few clubs came in and offered him a contract similar to what he's on now with us.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby terrydixon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:22 pm

Dont you want that he stay at Liverpool?

Last time he wasnt so good, then he was injured.

But against Newcastle and Porto I think he played very well.

(especially the pass to Torres for the 2:1 )
--------------------REINA----------

FINNAN-----CARRAGHER---AGGER----RIISE

PENNANT-----GERRARD------ALONSO------BABEL

------------TORRES-----------KUYT

The Team which dominates Europe!!!!!
terrydixon

Postby Torres 2007 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:39 pm

To be honest I dont think Harry Kewell has done enough to warrant a new contract, and has been injured for most part of 2.5 years.

I dont know what benitez sees in him to keep such faith, considering he has got rid of Garcia, Bellamy, Cisse, without batting an eyelid really.

Kewell has got to prove his worth this season, or it has to be ariva durchy.

:eyebrow
Torres 2007

Postby weringo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:02 pm

Torres 2007 wrote:I dont know what benitez sees in him to keep such faith, considering he has got rid of Garcia, Bellamy, Cisse, without batting an eyelid really.

Because Harry is many many times better than those players.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:25 am

end your evidence is.....................................

I recall, harry produced "excellent" performance in his 1st season under Gerrard Houllier in about 4 games.

Then he disapeared.

Not seen him since.

Missing persons appeal.
:p
Torres 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge