Kewell update - Lengthy wait...

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby mattylfc » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:45 am

Sorry if this has allready been posted, havnt got time to look.

Taken from sky sports:

Liverpool's Harry Kewell says he will be out of action for at least another four months after undergoing foot and groin surgery in Australia.

Kewell was injured while playing for Australia in last summer's World Cup in Germany and is yet to play for Rafa Benitez's charges this season.

The 28-year-old underwent surgery last Friday and despite everyone being pleased with the operations, it is going to be sometime before he dons a Reds shirt again.

The former Leeds winger is set to meet up with his surgeons this week, and if he is given the thumbs up he will return to England to continue his rehabilitation.

"It's going to be a while, we're looking past February," explained the Australian international.

"I'm just itching to get back into playing. My foot is a bit sore at the moment and my groin is a bit sore at the moment.

"I just had (surgery) on Friday and the surgeons are very happy. I meet up with them again on Friday and if they give me the all-clear I'm back off to England.

"It's been a long hard thing for me, seven weeks so far, and I'm really looking forward to going home and seeing my family."
mattylfc

Postby jkop » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:22 pm

Look forward to seeing Harry back in the team. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hebz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:40 pm

I've missed Harry Kewell! Can't wait to see him in action once again :)
Hebz

Postby coddy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:22 pm

Harry is one of those players i wish we never had, bought for pretty much nothing, done pretty much nothing, JAR is a far better midfielder even though his accolade isnt as a Left Winger.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigkarl » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:12 pm

Totally agree with Coddy, would go a step further and say we should release him from his contract!
bigkarl

Postby matrix » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:02 pm

guys  kewell hasen't had the best of luck since joining liverpool...but dont kick the guy when he's down... the truth is we have missed kewell... tbh speedy hasen't delivered since moving from the much more laid back la liga to the premiership...might take him all season to get use to the premiership...a fully fit harry kewell would walk into liverpool's left wing at this moment in time...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:54 pm

It's a pitty cos he was really showing form towards the end of the season, personally I think Rafa is getting to the end of his tether with Kewell and he'll be sold rather than given a new contract.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonidas08 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:18 am

Watching 'The World Game' Australian football show, they had an interview with him, he has had 4 operations in 1 month, he said he has ended his contract with Adidas boots, and acquired new specially made boots which he loves.

and he said he will start kicking and running in January, hoping to be back in march.
Leonidas08

Postby Ahmad » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:09 pm

he is one of aus players

ImageImage
the 5th europe champain cup
the 50th tournament
in 25/5/2005

we are the champain
Ahmad

Postby KOPMATT » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:04 am

matrix wrote:guys  kewell hasen't had the best of luck since joining liverpool...but dont kick the guy when he's down... the truth is we have missed kewell... tbh speedy hasen't delivered since moving from the much more laid back la liga to the premiership...might take him all season to get use to the premiership...a fully fit harry kewell would walk into liverpool's left wing at this moment in time...

I feel I really must agree with you on this point Matrix, Speedy has done practically nowt!!
KOPMATT

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:17 am

KOPMATT wrote:
matrix wrote:guys  kewell hasen't had the best of luck since joining liverpool...but dont kick the guy when he's down... the truth is we have missed kewell... tbh speedy hasen't delivered since moving from the much more laid back la liga to the premiership...might take him all season to get use to the premiership...a fully fit harry kewell would walk into liverpool's left wing at this moment in time...

I feel I really must agree with you on this point Matrix, Speedy has done practically nowt!!

At the moment Kewell could limp into the left wing spot
account deleted by request

Postby KOPMATT » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:30 pm

Bloody right!
KOPMATT

Postby penzance-on-the-kop » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:15 pm

kewell is a great player, its a shame all his injurys have knocked him back
ImageImage
penzance-on-the-kop

Postby crossy11 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:21 pm

It's good having a left-footed player on the left and Kewell fits into that spot great, however he has been unlucky with the injuries he has picked up.
crossy11

Postby hyper_madfan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:00 am

Being an Aussie myself obviously seeing Harry returning would be great. Hopefully he can perform at peak performance. He hasnt hit is prime and well, its pretty hard when you have been riddled with injuries as much as Harry has. My 2 cents.
hyper_madfan

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge