Harry kewell - I know its early.....wait no its not!

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:30 am

Pineapple Nutty wrote:kewell rules :|

give the guy a break.:;):

He's been having Kit Kats ever since he joined the club, and you want to give him another.  :laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Rafa D » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:58 am

Me and S@int have discussed this in length  a while back.

When he's fit and playing, there is NO better option for us down the left hand side. He brings balance to the midfield and balance between the attack and the defence. He can pass, shoot, dribble and is a very very tidy footballer. With him, Xabi and Masch in the middle and Gerrard on the right, we would harldy ever give the ball away and his value when fit, is imeasurable.

However his injuries have turned a lot of fans against him and he needs to perform this year fantastically to have any chance of re-newing his contract at Liverpool.

The floors Harry's now.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:44 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Me and S@int have discussed this in length  a while back.

When he's fit and playing, there is NO better option for us down the left hand side. He brings balance to the midfield and balance between the attack and the defence. He can pass, shoot, dribble and is a very very tidy footballer. With him, Xabi and Masch in the middle and Gerrard on the right, we would harldy ever give the ball away and his value when fit, is imeasurable.

However his injuries have turned a lot of fans against him and he needs to perform this year fantastically to have any chance of re-newing his contract at Liverpool.

The floors Harry's now.

Hit the nail on the head.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:19 pm

The Kewell debate continues seemingly ad infinitum . Yes, when fit he's a good asset , but lets face it , if you had a motor that broke down as often as Harry Kewell surely you would have traded it in by now and bought yourself one that actually works ?

???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:21 pm

Lets all support kewell until we get a better LW.

I mean, the fact is yossi, babel, auerlio & riise are not as good as kewell. Even a half-fit kewell can cause more danger to the opposition than these players.... so if we are gonna win the premier league kewell will have to play a big part. He is still our most technically skilled player.

BTW, Babel looked pretty good against villa in his cameo role. He looks more comfortable on the right wing. So i don't think he was bought as a replacement for kewell anyway.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:28 pm

The_Rock wrote:Even a half-fit kewell can cause more danger to the opposition than these players.... so if we are gonna win the premier league kewell will have to play a big part. He is still our most technically skilled player.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

No , he's only our most technically skilled Australian .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:39 pm

The_Rock wrote:I mean, the fact is yossi, babel, auerlio & riise are not as good as kewell. Even a half-fit kewell can cause more danger to the opposition than these players....

I totally disagree... kewell hasn't looked dangerous in a long time...

even when he was fit and playing regularly during the 05-06 season he wasn't as good as he was in Leeds... his best days are behind him... riise right now is quicker, stronger and more direct than kewell is... he might not be able to dribble past a defender... but he can overlap and run past a defender easily and cut back from the by line... or when a cross comes in from the right side he can volley like no one else can... he runs tirelessly... and he scores goals...

I won't comment on yossi, babel, and auerlio since the first 2 are new and auerlio is injured... but babel has potential and can bypass kewell easily and auerlio was proving to be a very reliable conventional winger before he got injured...

not to say that kewell won't be useful... he will be useful if he's fit and can give us some unpredictability... but unfortunately his availibility is itself upredictable...

Not only do i have doubts about his fitness... i have doubts about his form even when he is fit... an 18 year old kewell he is no more...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:58 pm

woof woof ! wrote:The Kewell debate continues seemingly ad infinitum . Yes, when fit he's a good asset , but lets face it , if you had a motor that broke down as often as Harry Kewell surely you would have traded it in by now and bought yourself one that actually works ?

???

He's unique though mate.

How much would a fully fit, injury free, Harry Kewell be worth ?

Is there anyone out there like him?
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:19 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:The Kewell debate continues seemingly ad infinitum . Yes, when fit he's a good asset , but lets face it , if you had a motor that broke down as often as Harry Kewell surely you would have traded it in by now and bought yourself one that actually works ?

???

He's unique though mate.

To be honest Rafa , it's been so long since I've seen a fully fit Harry Kewell that I find that question almost impossible to answer.

The only observation I can make to your

He's unique though mate.

is , yeah , he's unique in so far as for someone who has contributed so little he still apparently has such a large following of disciples.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Rafa D » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:46 pm

PMSL woof.

A Harry Kewell "disciple".

Its a honour.

I just think 2 seasons ago, when he played for pretty much the whole season until he got injured IN ANOTHER FINAL, he was absolute quality. The team was brilliant that year and I feel a big part of that was the balance brought to the midfield by Harry. It was evident the season after with Gonzo and Aurelio on the LM, the balance just wasn't there. I fully believe if we would of had the 4 strikers we have now back in 2005/06 we would and could of won the league.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:18 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:PMSL woof.

Its a honour.

I just think 2 seasons ago, when he played for pretty much the whole season until he got injured IN ANOTHER FINAL, he was absolute quality. The team was brilliant that year and I feel a big part of that was the balance brought to the midfield by Harry. It was evident the season after with Gonzo and Aurelio on the LM, the balance just wasn't there. I fully believe if we would of had the 4 strikers we have now back in 2005/06 we would and could of won the league.

And there was me beginning to take you seriously .

:laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Rafa D » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:26 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:PMSL woof.

Its a honour.

And there was me beginning to take you seriously .

I'll fucking bum sunshine
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:31 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I'll fucking bum sunshine

Careful , it could just be Judge with a torch up his a'rse (again) .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedBlood » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:37 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:

???

He's unique though mate.

To be honest Rafa , it's been so long since I've seen a fully fit Harry Kewell that I find that question almost impossible to answer.

The only observation I can make to your

He's unique though mate.

is , yeah , he's unique in so far as for someone who has contributed so little he still apparently has such a large following of disciples.

he cant help being injured mate can he?

why should people start to dislike him and make out like hes anything but a top class player just because hes had bad luck

its frustrating but its not his fault

he has a large following because he is top draw and everybody knows he will imprve the team if he can stay fit
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:42 am

he has a large following because he is top draw and everybody knows he will imprve the team if he can stay fit

By that time he'll be drawing a pension.  :D
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge