Cisse - liverpool's best striker - He is our top scorer

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Graeme Noble » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:30 pm

Cisse is probably our best striker IMHO. I mean he is our top scorer. It is not just pace he posesses otherwise he wouldn't have scored excellent goals like he did against Anderlecht, Blackburn and Portsmouth (lol).

He just needs a little more time and within time he will score more goals, I think if he and Crouch were up front frequently then we would get more goals. Crouch can hold the ball up well for Cisse, and both strikers can give you something different.

Anyway, I hope he doesn't leave in January as the 14m we payed for him I think will be justified within time.
Graeme Noble

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:46 pm

I think if Rafa can buy another striker he will and sell Cisse

Theres something about his attitude when hes on the pitch.
If he sorted that out he would be a better striker!
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:20 pm

lawrenson_sarah wrote:I think if Rafa can buy another striker he will and sell Cisse

Theres something about his attitude when hes on the pitch.
If he sorted that out he would be a better striker!

It's not just his attitude, it's his pathetic first touch on the ball and his lack of intelligence on the pitch.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby TheoRacle » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:49 am

IMO Cisse needs to get his petulance in order quick smart! Regardless of whether we want him to stay on or not, if he continues to act like a spoiled brat he's limiting any future transfers to a move back to France. I can't see any quality managers wanting to put up with his attitude and take a risk on him.  France maybe the only real option to him as he still has a good rep there and he'll have no language barrier which may still in part be an issue here.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:16 am

Deleted - double post
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:19 am

TheoRacle, like AB posted above, it is not just his petulance and attitude, it also about his abilities.

He is more suited in the French league where it is not that physical and the opposition mostly weak if you play for the top teams. It is a mickey mouse league...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:22 am

when cisse received the ball, we all know that he will lose it....his touch and body movement very bad. i don understand why he is top scorer in france for 2 consecutive years. Rafa must find another striker, forget about 14 million wasted on him...
darwisigila

Postby Graeme Noble » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:25 pm

He cost 14million cus he was the top scorer in France the ear b4 he went to Liverpool.
You can't be the French top scorer without having ability!
Graeme Noble

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:37 pm

As time goes by, I become more willing to except that Cisse just does not fit in to the new found ethos of Liverpool's game. For example, why do you think Rafa picks Peter Crouch and Morientes ahead of him? It's nothing to do with the fact that he thinks they will score more goals than cisse cos the fact is they probably won't. It is simply down to the fact that they offer the team more balance offensively and defensively.

Think about it this way. Can Cisse hold the ball up? No. Can Cisse cross? so so. does he have good close-control when the ball is at his feet? No. Does he have the vision to utilise the on-coming runs of Stevie G? No.

Benitez's vision of a well-balanced team consists of a team as a whole that have players all over the pitch that can score goals, and defend when need be. The only luxury player that we seem to have at the moment is garcia, but I can see, even though he is still losing the ball from time to time, he is starting to seem willing to get stuck in aswell.not to mention the fact he knows where the goal is.

The point is, when Cisse starts, for sure, there is always a chance he will score, but there is also just as much a chance that his poor placement of shots can lead to a damaging counter-attack.

This is why Cisse just isn't made for Benitez's Liverpool.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jasylad » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:48 pm

well i think if the ciss was playing more games he would get,more comfidence in him self and as a player would he would improve,but the big man is not getting the chance to,he's getting the last 15 mins if he's lucky,i would be gutted to see him leave,:p
jasylad

Postby azriahmad » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:43 am

Don't simply confuse top striker with the number of goals he scores because this only tells a portion of the picture. Sure, Cisse has been the highest scoring striker to date.

Before we jump to more conclusions, let's just analyse a bit more on the "goals scored". How many attempts did he need to get this goal tally, and how many goals did he score against lesser opponents as opposed to the bigger boys be it in the EPL or the Champions' league. When the golas scoring feat is looked at in a bigger perspective, his true quality becomes more apparent.

Cisse is like Drogba, he needs loads of chances to convert into 1 goal. He gets easily dispossessed by the more decent defenders. Also, he does not add much to the team like Crouch. Rightfully, his petulence did not go down too well with Benitez. He should try harder to play more of a team game. For instance, Drobga is a failure if his game is looked at merely goals scored alone but he adds a lot more by causing havoc to his opposition defenders and creating space for the likes of Lampard, Duff and Robben. Cisse does nest to nothing when he does not score. Apart from that, he wastes an awful lot of chances with his appaling first touch.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:45 pm

well i think if the ciss was playing more games he would get,more comfidence in him self and as a player would he would improve,but the big man is not getting the chance to,he's getting the last 15 mins if he's lucky,i would be gutted to see him leave,:p

B#llocks. He had a good run of games in which he started, and he was sh1t. He scored the odd goal from time to time but his performances were terribly poor.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:04 am

I wouldn't say he was sh!te, more like not good enough. He'd be perfect in a mickey mouse league like the French First Division. Salif Diao is sh!te...good for nothing.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alvaro » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Djbril Cisse is Liverpool's best striker by far. There's no doubt. I don't know why Benitez insists on placing him at the right wing.
Alvaro

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:56 pm

Cisse is one of the best strikers in EPL...It's 'rubbish' to argue about his abilities.

But..
wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Cisse just isn't made for Benitez's Liverpool

That's a reality..

:down:
Last edited by IstanBuL-FenerBaHce on Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge