Babel

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:23 pm

7_Kewell wrote:i think he's a average winger and an awful signing when you consider we paid 11.5 million.

haha...well i think also it was really much..

but i mean it.... he will be worth it (i dont know if i say that good)

:bowdown  Babel  :bowdown
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:24 am

Yessicajax wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:i think he's a average winger and an awful signing when you consider we paid 11.5 million.

haha...well i think also it was really much..

but i mean it.... he will be worth it (i dont know if i say that good)

:bowdown  Babel  :bowdown

I think next season we will see the best of him. I like the look of him, his direct attitude is refreshing and at least he looks up to see who he can cross to !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:18 am

He definitely needs a lot of improvement, especially on decision making and his movement.  Mostly when I watch him he just looks so predictable, but the talent is there and all he needs is time and good coaching.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:40 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:the talent is there and all he needs is time and good coaching.

sorry, but when you pay 11+ million for a player they should be a LOT better than Babel.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:41 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:the talent is there and all he needs is time and good coaching.

sorry, but when you pay 11+ million for a player they should be a LOT better than Babel.

maybe. but he isnt. you want now your money back?
next year he will kick :censored:!!
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:12 am

The Setanta commentator said that the reason that Babel always seemed to go to the middle was that Fabio Aurelio didn't help him and pushed to do so.

IMHO it's complicated to play in the left wing if you're blindly right footed, because you lose the ability to surprise the defender. When Gerrard is seen in the left wing and out of position you still can see how he uses left foot, or the external part of the right boot as he did in a great touch from the left in the last match.

I'm not convinced of Babel's first touch, most of his decissions, and this blind use of one of his feet. I expected more for that money despite I can see he has quality.

He is pacy, he has a good footwork, he is dangerous and knows reaching to shooting positions and I think he will be important in the club with time, but I don't like his football for the left wing. We didn't need a promising man for the future for the left wing, but a player performing from day one.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:19 am

7_Kewell wrote:

Ronaldo wasn't fantastic in his first season , sort of cameo appearnaces too . now look where he is , u seem to forget that he's only 21 and its his first season , not as though he has not been scoring , he has the goals , just his confidence might not bet there cos when he is performing rafa subs him
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Ronaldo though was 17 in his first 'cameo' season but by the time he was 19 was a pretty awesome player.
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:44 am

LiverpoolFC_Kopite wrote:Ronaldo though was 17 in his first 'cameo' season but by the time he was 19 was a pretty awesome player.

Not really, only last season he turned out to be a great player before that he was useless.  Doing step-overs the whole game does not make you a great footballer.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Dutchsky » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:19 pm

well...its was :censored: again...
Dutchsky

Postby Yari7 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:27 pm

Babel showed great potential last night. It is all well and fine skipping past the Bolton defence, but yesterday, against the best defence in the Premiership, he tried to run at players ns showed that he had confidence in his ability.

He earned us 2 corners and a free kick. He cut in on his right twice and on his third run, he cut in on his left and left Wes Brown. And in all his runs, that he made, he beat atleast one man with his power and pace.

Babel will become an excellent player in 2-3 years time if he continues to develop at this rate.
Yari7

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:41 pm

Yari7 wrote:Babel showed great potential last night. It is all well and fine skipping past the Bolton defence, but yesterday, against the best defence in the Premiership, he tried to run at players ns showed that he had confidence in his ability.

He earned us 2 corners and a free kick. He cut in on his right twice and on his third run, he cut in on his left and left Wes Brown. And in all his runs, that he made, he beat atleast one man with his power and pace.

Babel will become an excellent player in 2-3 years time if he continues to develop at this rate.

for once mate , i agree with you . He played well last night and was prob the best player of the first half , due to us being a man down he had to play abit deeper in the second half and went missing
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:22 am

Yari7 wrote:Babel showed great potential last night. It is all well and fine skipping past the Bolton defence, but yesterday, against the best defence in the Premiership, he tried to run at players ns showed that he had confidence in his ability.

I still have doubts about the guy, and the game against the Manc's did nothing to ease those doubts. I thought he was poor (along with much of the team), apart from the run he made, in which he had a bit of space to gather momentum and pop a trick. He may have won the corner, but that's not something to get that excited about is it? Kuyt can win corners too, it doesn't alter the fact that he's not up to the level we require on the wing, if we want to challenge the top three.

Above all else it's his attitude that worries me, at times he just doesn't look like he cares. You don't get to the very top, or even near the top, with a poor attitude, unless you're especially talented, which he isn't. Believing you're going to be a top player isn't good enough by itself, you have to graft your way to the top. He needs a kick up the backside, IMO.
LFC2007

Postby azhan00 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:24 am

he failed to get the ball to torres and gerrard more often as a winger....
he needs to do that... pass/cross the ball inside the box more often...

to me he is not consistent.. one game he can be excellent.. next game.. lost...
azhan00

Postby Yari7 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:49 pm

LFC2007 wrote:

I still have doubts about the guy, and the game against the Manc's did nothing to ease those doubts. I thought he was poor (along with much of the team), apart from the run he made, in which he had a bit of space to gather momentum and pop a trick. He may have won the corner, but that's not something to get that excited about is it? Kuyt can win corners too, it doesn't alter the fact that he's not up to the level we require on the wing, if we want to challenge the top three.

Above all else it's his attitude that worries me, at times he just doesn't look like he cares. You don't get to the very top, or even near the top, with a poor attitude, unless you're especially talented, which he isn't. Believing you're going to be a top player isn't good enough by itself, you have to graft your way to the top. He needs a kick up the backside, IMO.

Well, considering he made 3 runs that I remember, and in each run he beat atleast one man. With one run, he beat 2 men.

And all three runs he made gained us an advantage in 2 corners and one free kick.

And winning a corner is something to get excited about. It is a chance to attack the opposition. Just ask Manchester United as they killed the game off froma  corner.
Yari7

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge