Babel

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:51 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Judge wrote:ronaldo, sad to say, is a brilliant footballer and has been since his teens

Doing stepovers in your first two seasons does not make u a great player . He has been a good player for the past 2 season and will continue to mature . No 1 knew that ronaldo would be this good now , time will tell whether babel will improve and to be honest he has done better then ronaldo or fabregas in terms of assits and goals for his debut season

ok then, he always been a good player, now he is brilliant

babel has not shown us any sign of sheer brilliance yet, i hope he does for the teams sake.

remember he's been likened to the great van basten, and tbh, van basten was always a great player, even in his youth. babel is way off the mark at present
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:56 am

like i said only time will tell
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:16 am

I've been hard on the lad in recent weeks but Babel made a huge impact tonight.  Brilliant work to win the penalty and salt the win away with that solo counterattack at the death.  He clearly didn't like being dropped for Crouch. :D  More of that please, lad, and you'll change a few minds. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Espionage » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:53 am

Exactly what the doctor ordered for a super-sub, and great finish btw on his goal as well.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yari7 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:27 pm

Babel won us the game last night. He made a huge impact.
Yari7

Postby DonnieDarko » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Babel had a great game last night. His pace really turned the game on its head. Having watched Babel over this season, it is apparent (at least to me) that he is really only effective as a sub running at tired legs. In tight, cagy matches (ie Arsenal first leg) he should be left on the bench. I think Babel once he becomes more confident, and comfortable with the other players will certainly become a player to be reckoned with.
DonnieDarko

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:03 pm

He changed the game with his run into the box, he showed a bit of spark, flair and played with a greater desire and tempo this time round. The game was so open throughout, but especially second half when he came on (haven't seen game as open as that in a long time), he was able to put his best attributes to use - running in space at tired defenders. He had the time and space to gather pace and show a bit of trickery, but in tight spaces against focussed and fresh defenders he struggles. He was the equivalent of Walcott for us on the night - both affected the game significantly and fortunately enough for us - Babel's contribution was the more telling in the end.
LFC2007

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 pm

The commentator said Super sub ryan babel seals the game and thats exactly what he did , played well since coming on
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:27 am

Toffeehater wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:the talent is there and all he needs is time and good coaching.

sorry, but when you pay 11+ million for a player they should be a LOT better than Babel.

Ronaldo wasn't fantastic in his first season , sort of cameo appearnaces too . now look where he is , u seem to forget that he's only 21 and its his first season , not as though he has not been scoring , he has the goals , just his confidence might not bet there cos when he is performing rafa subs him

i think they payed for him pretty much because everybody see he has talent. ajax also wanted to keep him. but if he stayed 1 more year longer he maybe would go for much more money to a other team.
Babel rullez....
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby skatesy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OxMLG-GChs&eurl
skatesy

Postby Yessicajax » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:16 am

nice one:;):
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby SundanceKid » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 am

On-the-spot passing, awesome touch and quality finishing. Above all, he even requests to play upfront. I say he should be playing alongside Torres. I'd go as far to say he has better control than Ronaldo. What's he doing as a winger?
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:21 pm

SundanceKid wrote:On-the-spot passing, awesome touch and quality finishing. Above all, he even requests to play upfront. I say he should be playing alongside Torres. I'd go as far to say he has better control than Ronaldo. What's he doing as a winger?

Poor crossing is the only flaw in his game i reckon and sometimes poor touches but that happens
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:27 am

Toffeehater wrote:
SundanceKid wrote:On-the-spot passing, awesome touch and quality finishing. Above all, he even requests to play upfront. I say he should be playing alongside Torres. I'd go as far to say he has better control than Ronaldo. What's he doing as a winger?

Poor crossing is the only flaw in his game i reckon and sometimes poor touches but that happens

Fair to say. He does sometimes play himself into a dead end. Which is really annoying to say the least. He should be allowed to play on the front. I mean he doesn't have any crossing ability as far as I know. Then again I haven't seen him give a decent header since his Ajax days. He would make an excellent forward. Right behind Torres.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu May 01, 2008 3:49 am

I agree with you SundaceKid, I'd like to see Babel up front in the 2 remaining games.  It seems like he's unhappy on the wings and he has far more confidence when he plays upfront.  Hope Rafa sees this too.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge