Babel

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby red37 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:24 pm

redhayesy wrote:imo i think babel has made a great start for us!
not with just the goals he got(don"t care who it was against)
but his attitude looks good.

Ryan Babel has thanked Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez for curing his tendency to get depressed on the pitch.

The 20-year-old Dutch winger, a £11.5m summer buy from Ajax, said: "Rafa knows everything about me, down to the fine details. Not just about my style of play, but my character too.

"He told me he had watched me play in an away game for Ajax, and it had struck him how easily I was influenced by the crowd.

"He saw how I was struggling when the fans turned against me. He could tell from my body language - I had unknowingly let my shoulders drop.

"But he told me that the abuse ought to make me stronger, saying the more the opposing fans swore at me, the more afraid of me they were."

Good bit of man-management from the gaffer there. I think he'll end up a cracking little player for us.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby weringo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:29 pm

red37 wrote:Good bit of man-management from the gaffer there. I think he'll end up a cracking little player for us.

And there was everyone thinking Rafa was some kind of robot with the players.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:46 pm

i can see a torres babel strike partnership in a few years time

imagine how good that will be, 2 strikers with lightning pace, strengh, skill, vision,  touch and great finnishing
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:07 am

mungi wrote:admitely it was againt derby. do it against one of the top 4 or in a champs league final then that will show whetehr or not he has got composure

Yeah but he just started playing in the league so he dont know what teams have what history to score vrs any one you guts and he showed he got that : D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:01 am

I'm still not very sure about him... he's got pace and an eye for goal... but i'm not too sure about his movement yet... he seems to run himself into defenders... still far from henry...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:22 am

BBC says he's been talkinto the S#n tho

bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip

Ryan Babel says reading The Bible has helped him cope with his move to Liverpool. (The Sun)

Didn't think it needed the link
burjennio

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:37 pm

burjennio wrote:BBC says he's been talkinto the S#n tho

bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip

Ryan Babel says reading The Bible has helped him cope with his move to Liverpool. (The Sun)

Didn't think it needed the link

Doesn't matter if he has. I'm sure he isn't aware of the history regarding it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:46 pm

Babel is a promising young play like Agger was when we bought him and think he will do a great job for us over the next season. However next season is when his test will come after settling in and getting to know everyone.

And the s*n thing, not his fault he obviously dosnt understand the history at the moment.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:34 pm

This is RedBloods brother again

anyone who doesnt think Babel will be a great 4 us knows nothing about football the lad oozes class in so many appartments i think him & torres will be deadly 4 us ova atleast a 7 year period (fingers crossed no injuries) he will be a legend. Has scored & has 2 assists 2 his name already not bad 4 sum1 who had a lil break ova the summer & is easing himself into the league & only 20 :blues:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby mighty mo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:42 am

i like him and have been impressed, the comparisons with henry are justified ,  arsene wenger wanted to sign babel for arsenal  a few months before we got him he must be some player, not to many times wenger gets it wrong signing young raw talent
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:02 pm

stmichael wrote:Babel is an out and out striker being played on the wing. Imo the sooner that is corrected the better player the lad will be.

He is Raw and is one for next season, bought a year early to ensure we got him and we didnt have to pay £20m, which is the price he would have been at the end of this season.

Sublime goal the other day though.

But when you put him in the wing he's not Cisse. He puts his pace in action quickly, his ball control is better and his footwork is quick, and he's strong. Haven't him seen yet much in the crossing aspect of the game, but I can't see why he can't be an excellent wing man with goal threat...
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby essexpoolfan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:52 pm

Sabre wrote:
stmichael wrote:Babel is an out and out striker being played on the wing. Imo the sooner that is corrected the better player the lad will be.

He is Raw and is one for next season, bought a year early to ensure we got him and we didnt have to pay £20m, which is the price he would have been at the end of this season.

Sublime goal the other day though.

But when you put him in the wing he's not Cisse. He puts his pace in action quickly, his ball control is better and his footwork is quick, and he's strong. Haven't him seen yet much in the crossing aspect of the game, but I can't see why he can't be an excellent wing man with goal threat...

I think you're right about him being a midfielder that is also a goal threat, which is great, especially as i thought there wasn't enough goals being chipped in by midfielders last season. Overall I'm happy as although he has been quiet in recent games, hes shown what he can do and I think he'll do it more regularly as he adapts to the English game.....Well heres hoping anyway
essexpoolfan

Postby Smeg » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:38 pm

Babel's like Henry and is world class...

:laugh:
Smeg

Postby Yessicajax » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:16 am

Babel is a great player.And a big talent.he just have to play more.
AFCA CBS
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:58 am

Ciggy wrote:at Liverpool under Benitez post 06/07 he will be able to play to a system based on attack.

i missed this first time round, i am wondering when we have ever played a system under benitez based on attacking football prior to tuesday night.

anyway i think babel showed on tuesday where his real talent lies and it isn't forced out on the left wing
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge