West Ham v LIVERPOOL - Sun 14th May KO 2.15PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 pm

redshade » Sat May 13, 2017 7:16 pm wrote:Lose and we might aswel hand 3 points to Boro and scrap our final game. Tomorrow feels like a nervy cup final.

Yeah you're right mate tomorrow's game has got an all or nothing feel about it. I just hope we don't choke.
How devastating would it be after last year's Europa League final loss to get pipped at the post by Arsenal?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 13, 2017 9:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 13, 2017 7:48 pm wrote:
redshade » Sat May 13, 2017 7:16 pm wrote:Lose and we might aswel hand 3 points to Boro and scrap our final game. Tomorrow feels like a nervy cup final.

Yeah you're right mate tomorrow's game has got an all or nothing feel about it. I just hope we don't choke.
How devastating would it be after last year's Europa League final loss to get pipped at the post by Arsenal?

Would be a proper body blow and would have the whole summer to get through. Missing out on primary transfer targets. Then next season it will be Europa. Obviously great if were to win the thing but it is a hindrance in the league and the group stages are a really bore for me.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat May 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Last year i was devasted when we lost to Sevilla. The chance of two prizes lost, trophy and champs league footy.
If we miss out again this season it will be hard to take.
I really hope the lads give it their all for the fans/club.

Its all in our hands and upto us if we want to progress and compete with the best.
I love champions league footy the buzz the occasions the matches are something else. There is nothing better than relaxing and watching Lfc play on a Wednesday evening at a buzzing anfield.

I really hope we make it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 13, 2017 9:41 pm

Doeboy » Sat May 13, 2017 9:09 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 13, 2017 7:48 pm wrote:

Would be a proper body blow and would have the whole summer to get through. Missing out on primary transfer targets. Then next season it will be Europa. Obviously great if were to win the thing but it is a hindrance in the league and the group stages are a really bore for me.

Europa league games are like pre-season friendlies. It only gets kind of exciting when your in the semis.
Those away games in Europa are similar to watching two snails a distant apart slithering towards each other.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sat May 13, 2017 9:42 pm

It's in our hands guys, ours to loose. It has to be time for us to step up and put this to bed. All the other teams are winning now, its time we did the same.

I think we'll win tomorrow and cement Top 4 next week.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 13, 2017 11:14 pm

We are not really a team that thrives on pressure though fivecups, that's my big worry.
For a start you can bet your bottom dollar that West Ham will have built their game plan for tomorrow around the fact that we will be nervous as hell and desperate for the win.
Mathematically the Hammers are safe so they will be playing with a lot of freedom, in fact they'll probably have a lot of fun trying to fv.ck our CL ambitions up on live TV.
All the pressure will be on us......
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 13, 2017 11:22 pm

Get an early goal and open them up and it will be comfortable. I think we will go out there and really force the issue from the first whistle. Won't be fannying around and will be looking to get the ball up quickly and purpose. Lad's know whats at stake and we can't afford the recent tentative performances we have had. This is West Ham with a load of injuries end of the day, not like we are playing a City or  Chelsea in a title decider,  just go out there and get the job done and move on
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun May 14, 2017 12:29 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 13, 2017 11:14 pm wrote:We are not really a team that thrives on pressure though fivecups, that's my big worry.
For a start you can bet your bottom dollar that West Ham will have built their game plan for tomorrow around the fact that we will be nervous as hell and desperate for the win.
Mathematically the Hammers are safe so they will be playing with a lot of freedom, in fact they'll probably have a lot of fun trying to fv.ck our CL ambitions up on live TV.
All the pressure will be on us......

Yup thats our main problem, we can't handle pressure well.
What i say is the players grow some solid gonads and play like they are possessed. Play like their life depends on it.

The players and Klopp know the importance of the match. They know what is at stake so we should be "expecting" a mad game tomorrow.

Fans have become bewildered due to how poor we've been recently so the negative predictions are understandable.
But we are due a result so lets pray we get one today.
Get the first final out the way and complete the 2nd one next week.
Last edited by redshade on Sun May 14, 2017 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 14, 2017 12:32 am

The Hammers will have to do without Andy Carroll again, who is missing with a nagging groin complaint which has kept him out since the trip to Sunderland at Easter.

Mark Noble and Cheikhou Kouyate have undergone season-ending surgery on abdominal and wrist injuries respectively, meaning Havard Nordtveit and Edimilson Fernandes could be given their chance in midfield.

Arthur Masuaku remains a doubt, while Diafra Sakho (back), Pedro Obiang (ankle) and Michail Antonio (hamstring) are sidelined.

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... xQdRTcH.99
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 14, 2017 1:52 am

Doeboy » Sat May 13, 2017 10:22 pm wrote:Get an early goal and open them up and it will be comfortable. I think we will go out there and really force the issue from the first whistle. Won't be fannying around and will be looking to get the ball up quickly and purpose. Lad's know whats at stake and we can't afford the recent tentative performances we have had. This is West Ham with a load of injuries end of the day, not like we are playing a City or  Chelsea in a title decider,  just go out there and get the job done and move on

Don't underestimate our ability to make a complete pigs breakfast of things, especially when under pressure.
Many a time I've looked at the team sheet's and thought to myself there's no way on God's green earth that we won't beat this lot today only for us to stink the place out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun May 14, 2017 4:50 am

We are playing our worst football of the season right now...God help us even if the hammers play their woman team.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 14, 2017 7:17 am

Matchday common lads do not let us down!!!!!!!!!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 14, 2017 9:24 am

redshade » Sun May 14, 2017 6:17 am wrote:Matchday common lads do not let us down!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, 9 months of hard work pretty much boils down to this. We are not asking miracles out of the players here, all we need them to do is beat a scratch West Ham side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun May 14, 2017 11:24 am

It's a either a momentous win or disastrous bust.

They all get paid a s**tload to play for our beloved club, a club we have poured our hearts and souls into supporting so we expect them to be breathing fire and knocking down concrete walls against West Ham.

We are either good enough or not, it's that simple.

Our moment has arrived.

FIRE THE F**K UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Sun May 14, 2017 11:53 am

Firmino is out with some sort of muscle problem.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/14/roberto-f ... m-6636342/
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games