West Ham v LIVERPOOL - Sun 14th May KO 2.15PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Fri May 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Sturridge, Lallana,and Grujic to start for me, no point listening to medical team concerns now if you feel ok get the boots on and the job done Sunday.

West Ham would love nothing more than to stick one on us like they did Spurs but I am really concerned about us if Arsenal win at Stoke.

To be in the top 4 pretty much all season until only to be taken on the line would be catastrophic, make no mistake. Another season outside looking in, more important players joining other clubs, and another 5 outfits above us enjoying the benefits of joining Europes elite. A widening gap.

Klopp needs to show us he knows how to win and handle pressure, if he falls short his tenure will most certainly not be over but along with our owners methods his work will be put under serious scrutiny and rightly so.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 12, 2017 7:47 pm

IMO If we fail to make top 4 then squad depth will be largely to blame. If we'd had the likes of Mane, Henderson and Lallana available for the run in I reckon we'd already have 4th sewn up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Looks like Lallana, Studge will start and Lucas, Firmino are doubts.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:33 am

I fancy us to win by a few goals.

West Ham have key players out - Noble and Kouyate in particular. Carroll, Sakho, Antonio too.

I would start Sturridge and Lallana. I would also start Moreno, Milner's legs went months ago.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 13, 2017 11:42 am

JC_81 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:33 am wrote:I fancy us to win by a few goals.

West Ham have key players out - Noble and Kouyate in particular. Carroll, Sakho, Antonio too.

I would start Sturridge and Lallana. I would also start Moreno, Milner's legs went months ago.

Yeah I'd like to see Moreno given a little run in the side myself mate, he is obviously a converted winger playing fullback (and therefore a bit suspect defensively) but a converted winger is probably just what we need out wide right now given our struggles to break teams down.
Carroll missing out is a bonus for us as well, you just know that the big fella would have given us all sorts of trouble.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Anyone think Arsenal will drop points today?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Fingers crossed Stoke pick up some points today. If Arsenal win today, it's win or bust for us tomorrow.

Should never have been in this situation to be honest but 1 point from the games against Southampton and Palace have hurt us.

Anyway it is still in out hands. Just go out there and win our 2 remaining games and who gives a Sh*t what Arsenal do
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 13, 2017 2:49 pm

With the way we have been playing lately this won't be a walk in the park at all. We need to go for it but I predict it will be the same patient approach that seems to have become our style so its crucial we take the few chances we get. With 2 games to go its pointless worrying about the fitness of Lallana or Sturridge so throw them on from the start and if they break then so be it. He can always revert to type if they do but I'd like to see something different at the start.
I'd rather we strolled across that line rather than fall or be pushed  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat May 13, 2017 3:04 pm

7_Kewell » Sat May 13, 2017 11:19 am wrote:Anyone think Arsenal will drop points today?

They just got serious and have a world class talent in Sanchez. Would take something special from Stoke to get something from that game

Pressure will all be on us I just know it.
killerp

Postby Santa » Sat May 13, 2017 3:04 pm

when you are paid £80,000 per week just to kick balls, you would expect these bunch to be able to convert a bloody simple penalty without fouling. not such a big ask considering this is what you are being paid to do day in and out   :veryangry
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat May 13, 2017 3:10 pm

killerp » Sat May 13, 2017 2:04 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat May 13, 2017 11:19 am wrote:Anyone think Arsenal will drop points today?

They just got serious and have a world class talent in Sanchez. Would take something special from Stoke to get something from that game

Pressure will all be on us I just know it.

if we don't get 4th, it will be totally down to us and NO ONE ELSE

we shouldn't even be in this position. losing to Palace then see City trashing them 5-0 the next week...couldn't get passed Southampton in 4 games then see Arsenal hit them for two...if I'm brutally honest I'll say we are not worthy of 4th

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 13, 2017 3:20 pm

I think the pressure is all on Arsenal today, if I'm honest.

They have to win today. If they don't, then we can wrap up the top 4 tomorrow.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 13, 2017 7:33 pm

OK so after Arsenals win, tomorrow is now a must win for us. Dare not think about a loss but a draw won't cut it either imo as I can't see Sunderland or the bitters causing Arsenal issues at home in their last 2 games. Tomorrow is win or bust..simple
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat May 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Lose and we might aswel hand 3 points to Boro and scrap our final game. Tomorrow feels like a nervy cup final.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sat May 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Looks like yet another banana skin game for us...but lets see what we are made of.. With the way we are playing I won't be enjoying this game at all and lets hoped I'm dead wrong

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games