Stories from euro away games - Any funny ones?

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:06 am

Don't know if there is already a thread for this; but I thought it may be a good idea to tell any good stories from away European games that may be good to share (getting excited about Benfica away you see), doesn't have to involve you like.

One good one was Athletico Bilbao away in Nov 1983 that my brother went to. He was living in France at the time and went down to Spain on the coach. As you can imagine the town is full of bevvied scousers and we heroically win 1 nil.

Anyway, my brother is getting on the coach next day and decides to buy local paper as he speaks the lingo. He's sitting on the coach reading the article when he sees the article say...
"The town was full of drunken Liverpool fans who were enjoying themselves and singing. We asked them what were the lyrics of their famous song:
"Walk on with hope in your hearts, you spiccy tw@ts"  !!!
Me brother was wetting himself.
You can imagine some cheeky scousers saying that to the reporter.
I've actually got a photocopy of the papre and I'll try and add it on.
I'm sure some of you will have better stories.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:19 am

Effes wrote:Don't know if there is already a thread for this; but I thought it may be a good idea to tell any good stories from away European games that may be good to share (getting excited about Benfica away you see), doesn't have to involve you like.

One good one was Athletico Bilbao away in Nov 1983 that my brother went to. He was living in France at the time and went down to Spain on the coach. As you can imagine the town is full of bevvied scousers and we heroically win 1 nil.

Anyway, my brother is getting on the coach next day and decides to buy local paper as he speaks the lingo. He's sitting on the coach reading the article when he sees the article say...
"The town was full of drunken Liverpool fans who were enjoying themselves and singing. We asked them what were the lyrics of their famous song:
"Walk on with hope in your hearts, you spiccy tw@ts"  !!!
Me brother was wetting himself.
You can imagine some cheeky scousers saying that to the reporter.
I've actually got a photocopy of the papre and I'll try and add it on.
I'm sure some of you will have better stories.

:D   NICE ONE EFFES   :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:23 pm

Walk on with hope in your hearts, you spiccy tw@ts"  !!!

:nod The scousers knew well where they played at, our arch enemies.

I remember the very first Liverpool game in Atotxa in the eighties, Liverpool also played here the UEFA, but I wasn't born, or I was 1 or 2 years old.

I completely forgot the details of that friendly, but I have found some old newspapers, and there was a funny note. It was a 0-0 game with few chances, and apparently Globelaar kept joking with the south stand all the second half, putting funny faces and so on.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby studcamp » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:50 pm

I really want Liverpool to be in my favourite club's group in next Champions League. We (Spartak Moscow fans) are going to pay your country a visit. It'll be a great journey with our national team(we are in one EC 2008 Qual Group, don't ypu remember). Nowadays, many Russian fans are able to visit European Countries. And i hope you'll have the most funny and unbelievable trip to Russia. By the way, most of Spartak Moscow fans hate Chelsea and love Liverpool. You may ask why? Spartak fans hates CSKA Moscow!!! We sing on the terraces " You will never walk along" but translated in Russian!
If you want to visit Moscow, just mail me. We will show ya the city, take you somewhere out and you can feel yourselves at home!
Best regards from Russia
studcamp

Postby studcamp » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:59 pm

studcamp

Postby studcamp » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:28 am

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,1707879,00.html?gusrc=rss - Guardian about Russian hools. We're coming!!!
studcamp

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:33 am

next season is that?
knob
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby studcamp » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:41 am

Yeah next season!!!
studcamp

Return to Liverpool FC - Games