Newcastle game - New dawn or what?

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:29 pm

Newcastle had the best of the first half and played some lovely one touch football. If they had Bellamy playing we could have been in some trouble.
I was pleased the way we played in the second half - not brilliant but a lot more energy and determination, mainly thanks to Stevie Gerrard upping the tempo. The back four were fine and even GH should realise that Biscan should not be playing in that position (or any other!).
Carragher proved how much he has been missed, Henchoz makes Hypia feel more comfortable and Finnan had a good game. I was a bit disappointed in Kewell, he seemed to go missing for long spells and if Owen gets some decent service (not balls to chase all day) he will soon be back amongst the goals. Cheyrou suroprised me and I hope it continues, much better than his awful game at Spurs last week (mind you most of them played awful then!).
All in all a good team effort and a deserved win... So why am I still nervous?
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flop75 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:09 pm

Cracking win yesterday thought Cheyrou was inspired. Hopefully he can continue this run of form and when Owen gets back among the goals we can push on and get 4th place.
flop75

Postby greenred » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:26 pm

I agree, Kewell hasnt been playing well at all,finnan is looking like a permanent fixture,cheyrous confidence is growing by the game,henchoz is back playing in his natural position,and it shows.Some minuses ,a lot of plusses but it means nothing without a consistent run of form in the league.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:38 pm

Not much to add really boys, agree with pretty much everything above, Le Tellac and his link up play with Finnon helped us loads second half. Finally, so pleased to enjoy a  great atmosphere at Anfield for a change, sung and cheered our heads off for the whole game, "allez le rouge" :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:39 pm

Old Red Eyes ....... Your still nervous cos LFC are nervous every time they get ahead in a game mate !!!!! A good win doesn;t hide the fact that we need to rleax as a team especially int he final 15 minutes of any game we are ahead in.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:36 am

As long as Steven Gerrard keeps marauding up the pitch,scaring the living daylights out of the opposition,till the final minute,we will be o.k.,but the minute the signal goes out for us to try a defend a one goal advantage,inviting any team to attack us,we could be done for.Harry is struggling to find form.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:56 am

Harry the Oz is struggling, your right but he's class and will come good. Playing in a  more settled side  will help his game. thought Finnion was superb  as he was at Wolves midweek, good at defending and going forward ata  time when at LFC we expect our left?right backs to be good at one or the other not both ::P
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:07 am

Harry was dissapointing, but he has had a bad game before, he'll bounce back strongly I think
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:44 pm

I think Henchoz at centre-back and to a lesser degree Carragher were key. Cheyrou scored a couple but I didn't feel he was MOM. Hamann also played very well, if anything we struggled a bit up front. I believe there were no chances other than the goals in the first half. We should have scored at least two in the second half, hopefully Owen will find his scoring touch soon and we can go on from there
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - Games