man utd v LIVERPOOL Sun 7th Apr 3.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:41 pm

Boocity » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:33 pm wrote:I really don't know why he played Quansah in such an important match especially after the cup game

I'm chewing a f*cking brick here  :angry: . Overall the lad did ok but his loose pass may have cost us the title .
Too be fair our finishing , or should I say lack of it ! was f*cking criminal  :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:41 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:38 pm wrote:Salah was awful today really frustrating! Not sure if it's with him fasting but he's been poor for the last 4 games now. Elliott played really well when he came on, really helped us get back in the game. We let them off the hook again, so annoying!!!

Szobo was also dreadful. Starting to worry about him. He needs dropping to the bench.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:42 pm

I know he's a young lad but this result was completely Quansah's fault. No pressure on him, no difficult situation, the mistake was not forced out of him, he was simply too casual and that's unacceptable at any level. Our forwards were awful too, plenty of chances to score that weren't taken.

Anyway, at least we're still a point above City, and Arsenal WILL drop points. We need to win every game though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:43 pm

Hindsight is an exact science but for me Konate and Gomez should have started and definitely not the kids going to that feckin place. Both Quansah and Bradley were very average. Having said that United were incredibly poor after the first 20 minutes and we really should have had the game out of sight by half time. Definitely an opportunity in the bin. Same story as the FA Cup and the Premiership match at Anfield.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:00 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:41 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:33 pm wrote:I really don't know why he played Quansah in such an important match especially after the cup game

I'm chewing a f*cking brick here  :angry: . Overall the lad did ok but his loose pass may have cost us the title .
Too be fair our finishing , or should I say lack of it ! was f*cking criminal  :veryangry

I just hope its not our Gerrard slip moment
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:10 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:41 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:38 pm wrote:Salah was awful today really frustrating! Not sure if it's with him fasting but he's been poor for the last 4 games now. Elliott played really well when he came on, really helped us get back in the game. We let them off the hook again, so annoying!!!

Szobo was also dreadful. Starting to worry about him. He needs dropping to the bench.

Fasting really takes it out of you, especially the no water. Think about it, not a drop to drink since sunrise and would have been up really earlier to eat and drink before then. I see work colleagues really suffering. He probably would have been better off as a sub.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:35 pm

Obviously really disappointed to drop two points against the scum, they will be so happy. Only thing I can add is let Arsenal carry the pressure for a while, we are goal difference away from top spot. To be fair to Arsenal, they scored the most, let in the least and have the best goal difference… normally that wins you the title. They still have some tricky matches including a north London derby where what happened to us could happen to them. Fingers crossed they drop points.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:39 pm

kazza » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:35 pm wrote:Obviously really disappointed to drop two points against the scum, they will be so happy. Only thing I can add is let Arsenal carry the pressure for a while, we are goal difference away from top spot. To be fair to Arsenal, they scored the most, let in the least and have the best goal difference… normally that wins you the title. They still have some tricky matches including a north London derby where what happened to us could happen to them. Fingers crossed they drop points.

I'm struggling to see us catch up their go difference, 9 goals ahead. They are solid at the back. Our only hope is if they drop points.

To be honest the way our finishing has been poor, we probably going drop few more ourselves.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:39 pm

Ah effing livid after that  :angry:

That was an awful stupid pass from quansah but can't be too hard on him given his experience but what on earth is wrong with Konate now!! An absolute crock he is.

Nunez is awful lads. We are bigging up anything good he does but he's doing an awful lot wrong. He has enough experience at this level now and still effing up chances like that. Palace or Brentford is where he belongs.

Salah was muck as well and has been for a few games now. Szob looking like he wants to do everything but doing nothing as a result. Another one not living up to the hype.

Again really disappointing because they are so bad and we make them look good.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:42 pm

Boocity » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:10 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:41 pm wrote:

Fasting really takes it out of you, especially the no water. Think about it, not a drop to drink since sunrise and would have been up really earlier to eat and drink before then. I see work colleagues really suffering. He probably would have been better off as a sub.

That's a very good point mate and bound to be what's causing a drop off in form.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:47 pm

I don't think he had a choice as something must be up with Konate AGAIN!! Started the other night which I assumed was in preparation for this. He's a crock imo and no good to us only being fit for the odd game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:51 pm

Still can't get my head around how this season we ain't beaten them lot..

I feel that United CB had Nunez number today, Nunez struggled to get past him at times.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:22 pm

Let's just hope there are twists and turns to come. But one thing, there are simply no, I mean zero, excuses for putting every team to the sword from now on.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:38 pm

Absolutely gutted. Jeez how I miss Bobby and Mane. Hate to say it, good team though this is, it’s light years behind the winning side of 2019-21.  We're simply not good enough - this season - to win the league. Serious doubts Nunez will ever be the lethal striker we crave and Dias... well he's good on his day but... Once Mo moves on we'll have a major problem.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:16 pm

Difficult to take any positives but at this stage at least we are a point ahead of City, I think they will win every game.

As for Arsenal, can they go on a crazy run, I feel UCL progression will potentially derail them.
As a unit they are solid but are in untested arena with UCL and EPL.

As for us, can we win every game??? We've gone on runs before but we had a solid squad then.
With Trent, Ali and hopefully Jota back who knows.

I still feel there will be few more Twists, Villa and Spurs will have a massive say.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games