man utd v LIVERPOOL Sun 7th Apr 3.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:09 pm

One way or another, just like the FA Cup match between the same 2 sides a few weeks ago, this game will go down not just Liverpool and Manchester United folklore but football folklore full stop. That’s how big it is.
In that FA Cup game we, apart from our traditional dodgy start and a couple of frantic minutes at the end, pretty much dominated the 90 minutes of normal time. Fatigue effed us over in that game. Let’s go play them off the park again and write another chapter in the incredible history of this club. If I was a player I’d love to play in games like this because it’s in games like this where legends and stars are born, they are footballing nebula’s.
Do the shirt proud boys, do the shirt proud
YNWA
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:39 pm

I feel Darwin will run riot
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:34 pm

When they came to anfield they were in the dumps and we all expected a huge win. This time around they are again in the dumps but still have that FA cup win over us. Had they scraped the 3 points against Brentford and won yesterday I would've been worried. They definitely will be low but against us I am sure we will see them raise their level.

First thing we need to do is keep it compact and composed in the first 20 mins. We are known for conceding early goals and almost did against Sheff united. 
A win will be a massive statement for us and continue our pursuit to glory. I've also a feeling Arsenal will drop points tomorrow. Who knows maybe City also against their bogey team palace.

Salah and co need a big performance on Sun. YNWA common redmen avenge the Fa cup defeat and pile the misery on these clowns.

Klopps conundrum will be will he keep Bradley or start Robbo.

I'd play

Kelleher

Robbo Konate VVD Gomez

Szboz  Mcalister Endo

Salah Nunez Diaz

If Endo isn't avail then Jones.

Robbo there for the experience and if we need a burst of energy later bring on Bradley.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:17 pm

Just watching the Brighton v Arsenal game and Arsenal get a pen even though Brighton’s fullback clearly gets a touch on the ball. How the hell are they getting pens like that when we are getting stonewallers like Doku’s challenge on MacAllister turned down?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:54 pm

Yup saw that mate surprised it was a penalty. So Arsenal and City get the job done, over to us now. 
Arsenal GD is like an extra point so we can't be level with them. All we could do is keep on winning.
Out the three of us currently Arsenal and City look a little more convincing, while we are stuttering along. I feel the tide will change if they both have
difficult UCL games, progress and then face each other in the semis. During that period I am sure they'll drop points.
We are due to good performance in the league, we've been fairly okayish recently, last convincing win was 4-1 against Luton in Feb or I would say 4-1 vs Brentford prior to that game because against Luton we went 1-0 down and broke the deadlock 60th min.

Long way to go yet guys, many nervy matches ahead of us starting with tomorrow.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:28 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:17 pm wrote:Just watching the Brighton v Arsenal game and Arsenal get a pen even though Brighton’s fullback clearly gets a touch on the ball. How the hell are they getting pens like that when we are getting stonewallers like Doku’s challenge on MacAllister turned down?

And the referee and VAR turned away a blatant penalty for Palace when they were 1-1
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:09 am

Just watch United park the bus this afternoon, all 11 players in the box. Tin Hat really is awful, he’s changed nothing in two years. Picture what Klopp achieved in the same time period, on and off the field.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:37 am

Reg » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:09 am wrote:Just watch United park the bus this afternoon, all 11 players in the box. Tin Hat really is awful, he’s changed nothing in two years. Picture what Klopp achieved in the same time period, on and off the field.

Yup with the injuries they definitely will park the bus and try to catch us on the counter. Varane and Casemiero potentially out.
Realistically they are there for the taking but knowing us we love to make it hard.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:33 pm

Wataru Endo returns after injury for the Premier League fixture to join the midfield.

Andy Robertson and Jarell Quansah also come back into the line-up, with Joe Gomez, Ryan Gravenberch and Ibrahima Konate named on the bench.

Liverpool: Kelleher, Endo, Van Dijk, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Robertson, Quansah, Bradley.

Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Konate, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Danns.

Looking at City and Arsenals results and reports ( I never watch other teams in PL) neither look like dropping points.

We have to go for 8 straight wins - the path to glory beckons.   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:34 pm

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
van Dijk
Robertson
Mac Allister
Endo
Szoboszlai
Salah
Núñez
Díaz
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:34 pm

Let's smash these w.a.nkers
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:20 pm

A little bit nervous about Quansah in centre defence.

But we should have more than enough to beat these. Let's do this!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:22 pm

Quansah ahead of Konate ! ?
Quansah's a great prospect but I need that choice explained.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:26 pm

I said it last time we played this shower of feckin excrement in the FA Cup JUST WIN AND I REALLY DON’T CARE HOW !!

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:39 pm

Quansah already giving the ball away and Bradley on a yellow.

We look so open at the back.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games