Liverpool 0-1Aston Villa

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:31 pm

fooking brutal effort. they had us well contained and we had no answer. our midfield for large parts were just content knocking it sideways or backwards and offered the front men scraps. no one was taking anyone on and always looking to pass it around everyone.
we were poor in all departments.
credit to villa, fully deserved the win
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Villa pressed us constantly........over the years thats how teams have always done well against us. No time on the ball today, and very poor movement. Combined with Gerrard and Hendo largely passing the ball sideways we never looked in it.

Sh*t weekend now lol
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:37 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:27 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:02 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:57 pm wrote:BR run out of ideas Borini and Lambert in....Not much thought in those subs..

What subs would you make then numbnuts?

Defenders?

I agree with only me, instead of changing the formation he just replaced like for like. There was absolutely no need for the useless Borini. We should have brought only Sterling and Lambert in. Then we would have had Balotelli and Lambert forward with Sterling and Markovic/Lallana on the wings. They had f*cking Cissokho at full back man, with no winger to help him cover. Instead of using that, we tried to force it through the middle the whole game. It was obvious at half time that it's not going to work like that.

Damjan no thinking allowed with some lads here be careful...We lost due to tactics. Banging our heads in the Middle and hardly working the flanks and BR just stood and shaking his head no good enough from our manager today.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:51 pm

RedSi35 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:33 pm wrote:Villa pressed us constantly........over the years thats how teams have always done well against us. No time on the ball today, and very poor movement. Combined with Gerrard and Hendo largely passing the ball sideways we never looked in it.

Sh*t weekend now lol

What??? We played 90% of the game at their half how do they pressed us? If you mean they don't give us enough time on ball isn't this how we trained the team to pass the ball out of the situation?

Gerrard hardly contributed anything and taking off Mario and bring in Borini was the masterstroke coz Borini was playing hide and seek for 25mins with himself.  I thought we learned from the Chelsea game last season but apparently not. Sorry Brendan was clueless today
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:51 pm

We had so much possession, yet we couldn't create anything from it. Against Tottenham, we played smooth, fast flowing football. I expected Moreno, Lallana and Markovich to run at Villa's causing havoc for their defence, however, today, there was none it it. Creativity was not there at all, and we had a chance to go 2nd in the table. We never gave Guzan anything to do the whole game. Poor display all round imo, especially defence.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Lambert seems to have BR's number. They always seem to give us a game. Disappointing but need a strong response and to get on a run. It's not easy with all these new players, takes time to settle, especially for the ones from abroad.
Doeboy

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:14 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:02 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:57 pm wrote:BR run out of ideas Borini and Lambert in....Not much thought in those subs..

What subs would you make then numbnuts?

Defenders?

That is unfair...we needed a change in tactics more than a change in personnel today. Keep Mario and partner him with Lambert might be wiser.

I can see now every half ***** team will start playing this caveman tactic and runrings around us. Brendan's Plan B is the same as Plan A with different players in it. Any half blind bat could see we were frustrated in the first half yet we emerged from the dressing room unchanged. Can't see us scoring with another 90 mins added  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Poor performance and you have to say Villa deserved their win, they looked sharper and were first to every loose ball whilst we were just lethargic and never really got out of first gear.
I know it's still early in the season but it has to be said the centre of our defence looks just as shaky as it did last year, we rode our luck against Southampton and Tottenham but City and now Villa weren't in the mood to look any gift horses in the mouth. Lovren was brought in to be the rock at the heart of our defence but instead of marshalling our back line he is starting to develop a nasty habit of playing a starring role in practically every goal we concede.
As for the midfield I won't even go there.
Subs were baffling too, he takes off Balotelli, Lallana and Markovic when we need to score 2 goals but leaves Gerrard on who was playing almost as an auxiliary CB, we had about 9 players playing in our back line when we were supposed to be chasing the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:17 pm wrote:Poor performance and you have to say Villa deserved their win, they looked sharper and were first to every loose ball whilst we were just lethargic and never really got out of first gear.
I know it's still early in the season but it has to be said the centre of our defence looks just as shaky as it did last year, we rode our luck against Southampton and Tottenham but City and now Villa weren't in the mood to look any gift horses in the mouth. Lovren was brought in to be the rock at the heart of our defence but instead of marshalling our back line he is starting to develop a nasty habit of playing a starring role in practically every goal we concede.
Subs were baffling too, he takes off Balotelli, Lallana and Markovic when we need to score 2 goals but leaves Gerrard on who was playing almost as an auxiliary CB, we had about 9 players playing in our back line when we were supposed to be chasing the game.

Tactically inept, average signings and no quality. Markovic and Moreno look like they're going to offer us nothing at present and Ballotelli is never a Liverpool player.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I just can't see it working out.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:17 pm wrote:Poor performance and you have to say Villa deserved their win, they looked sharper and were first to every loose ball whilst we were just lethargic and never really got out of first gear.

couldn't dispute any of that  :no
its just back to walking the ball up the pitch in circles and its a performance we have seen before.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:33 pm

One thing is sure....Luis suarez made us look A LOT  better than we really are...there will be a lot more results like this when you look at the players we have, credit to villa they got it right and f*ck u roy keane ya manc *****
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Christ that was utter dogshit, as poor as we have ever been under Rodgers.

Maybe we are going to be a third year club and this is our first year with the new group before the pick leave for big money
and we start again.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:22 am

Awful, simply awful.

Rodgers is squarely to blame for this one. Tactics, formations and game play were wrong, wrong, wrong.

This is now the 2nd game in a row where Lambert's Villa has come to Anfield and taken points off us.

Same pre-historic tactics used as last time working against us.....................again!

No starting Sterling was a stupid decision and our team as a whole looked toothless and ineffective for 90 mins. Worlds apart from 2 weeks ago.

The supply to Balotelli was severely lacking and we had a number of players "just trying to do enough".........

As good as he was last season Rodgers needs to cut these managerial deficiencies out as quickly as possible.

Lastly a lot of you lemmings were justifying the purchase of Lambert by saying he could come on and we could throw long balls at him, if we looked down and out.

He came on, we tried that in the last 10 or so and looked simply horrible........ :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:21 am

Glad I didn't watch this at 3:00am in my part of the world.

Looks like it will be another massive emotional roller coaster ride this season
killerp

Postby chriserfolg » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:32 am

The game showed the obvious void left by Suarez and looked even worst without the injured Sturiddge and a backfired tactical plan not to include sterling from the start .
But most importantly , we have a squad full of quality player enough for top 4 . Rodgers needs to be more tactically aware when teams just sit back and defend  , change formation , switch players  , play your goal scoring defender , realise borini is not going to work out , balotelli needs more game time *why the f u wanna sub him off .

We lost today not because of villa played well but because we looked clueless , ran out of ideas . I find fault on rodgers for todays lost .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games